Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Accomplishments of Trumps First 100 Days

Einsteinium

Trump has accomplished essentially nothing in his first 100 days. Typically the first year of a presidency is the time when the president accomplishes the most- especially with your own party controlling congress. Those first 100 days are when the president typically works with congress and sets in motion the major agenda items for the first year+. Trump has done none of this. The man who said he would never leave the white house because of how much work there is to do is spending 1/4 of his time at Mar-A-Lago. His trips and security for his family is costing tax payers millions of dollars, and taxpayers are getting nothing out of it.

Now he is talking about how he misses his former life, how he had 'so much going on', and that the presidency is a lot more work then he thought it would be. I saw all of this coming, how did so many American's fall for this con man?

What has he actually accomplished in his first 100 days?

• Like 6

Just now, Einsteinium said:

Trump has accomplished essentially nothing in his first 100 days. Typically the first year of a presidency is the time when the president accomplishes the most- especially with your own party controlling congress. Those first 100 days are when the president typically works with congress and sets in motion the major agenda items for the first year+. Trump has done none of this. The man who said he would never leave the white house because of how much work there is to do is spending 1/4 of his time at Mar-A-Lago. His trips and security for his family is costing tax payers millions of dollars, and taxpayers are getting nothing out of it.

Now he is talking about how he misses his former life, how he had 'so much going on', and that the presidency is a lot more work then he thought it would be. I saw all of this coming, how did so many American's fall for this con man?

Trump has accomplished a few things. The one real positive he can hang is hat on is  Gorsuch getting in with the supremes. The rest is much more subjective ; Illegal immigration is down, he did pull out of TPP , he is helping corporations (not a positive IMO but his supporters will think so), he has repealed environmental protections (a horrible thing but again his supporters will like it) he is trying to take away national monuments so corporations can exploit them (ditto my above opinion). 

Of course those pale in comparison to his myriad of failures and embarrassments. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Trump has accomplished a few things. The one real positive he can hang is hat on is  Gorsuch getting in with the supremes. The rest is much more subjective ; Illegal immigration is down, he did pull out of TPP , he is helping corporations (not a positive IMO but his supporters will think so), he has repealed environmental protections (a horrible thing but again his supporters will like it) he is trying to take away national monuments so corporations can exploit them (ditto my above opinion). 

Of course those pale in comparison to his myriad of failures and embarrassments. 

I will give him Gorsuch as an 'accomplishment' insofar as nominating someone for a position can be considered an accomplishment.

Specifically talking about legislative accomplishments. Has a single bill from congress that he  pushed for landed on his desk to be signed? No.

Then I agree you have numerous executive orders, 3 of which have been blocked by the courts, and the success of each in having its intended effect I would say that it is too early to tell. As you said he did pull us out of TPP which I actually think was not a bad thing.

The drop in illegal immigration I think you are right can be attributed to Trump.

• Like 1

Just now, Einsteinium said:

I will give him Gorsuch as an 'accomplishment' insofar as nominating someone for a position can be considered an accomplishment.

Specifically talking about legislative accomplishments. Has a single bill from congress that he  pushed for landed on his desk to be signed? No.

Then I agree you have numerous executive orders, 3 of which have been blocked by the courts, and the success of each in having its intended effect I would say that it is too early to tell. As you said he did pull us out of TPP which I actually think was not a bad thing.

The drop in illegal immigration I think you are right can be attributed to Trump.

I will give the man credit for the few positives he has done, they just dont come anywhere near making it worth dealing with the negatives. 

• Like 1

Just now, rashore said:

The use of executive orders is a great example of why I cant understand how anyone still believes a word the man says

Six times Trump said executive orders were bad before he decided they were actually good 

Feb. 19, 2016: “Obama goes around signing executive orders. He can't even get along with the Democrats. He goes around signing all these executive orders. It's a basic disaster. You can't do it.”

• Like 4

If he walked on water his critics would say he can't swim.

• Like 9

For better or worse ... he did give political flip flopping a new definition ... " flexibility "

~

"I’ve never seen a successful person who wasn’t flexible and who didn’t have a certain degree of flexibility," Trump said at GOP debate in Michigan.

• Like 1

Just now, .ZZ. said:

Hey I gave him some credit in my reply! 

Just now, kartikg said:

whatever he does his opposers will say nothing achieved. 

Im noticing that this is becoming a theme among Trump supporters, i didnt know there were so many Rodney Dangerfield fans left :D.

Anyways this is the chance guys, lay out for us what it is he has done for the nation thus far. 

5 hours ago, and then said:

He defeated the HILDEBEAST.  Nothing else really matters.  oorah, that is all.

Not to be a Debbie-downer, but the Hildebeast was beaten before Trump's 100 days.   Now if you said that Trump fulfilled his promise to send her to jail...........

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Not to be a Debbie-downer, but the Hildebeast was beaten before Trump's 100 days.   Now if you said that Trump fulfilled his promise to send her to jail...........

Hope springs eternal... but I was responding specifically to farmer77 - "lay out for us what it is he has done for the nation thus far".   :)   Seriously, I voted for Trump for no other reason than to accomplish THAT specific goal and no matter what happens going forward, I will accept it in stride because it is bound to be less destructive to my personal liberty than she would have been.  I don't expect Trump to accomplish most of what he campaigned on but I realize now just how deep and wide the L/R schism in our country and this 4 years is going to be a time of, shall we say, preparation for what is next.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, and then said:

Hope springs eternal... but I was responding specifically to farmer77 - "lay out for us what it is he has done for the nation thus far".   :)   Seriously, I voted for Trump for no other reason than to accomplish THAT specific goal and no matter what happens going forward, I will accept it in stride because it is bound to be less destructive to my personal liberty than she would have been.  I don't expect Trump to accomplish most of what he campaigned on but I realize now just how deep and wide the L/R schism in our country and this 4 years is going to be a time of, shall we say, preparation for what is next.

That was a cryptic forecast, care to expound?

• Like 2

Just now, and then said:

He defeated the HILDEBEAST.  Nothing else really matters.  oorah, that is all.

you know I am so glad we don't have to see Hillary Clinton pontificating all over the news for years -

that would have been tough - there's something about her that really rubs me up the wrong way -
and I cannot forgive her for Libya and..."We came, we saw, he died"

as for your internal domestic politics well I'm sure that Trump is doing his best under very difficult
circumstances with all the fake news and all --- and with the sharks circling around his feet and the
vultures circulating around his head ..

I disembarked from the Trump Train for a station or two when we had the ''''Assad gasses beautiful babies'''
false flag thing - but I can see the position he was put in by the Intelligence services and as that hasn't gone any
further I'm back on board - ( albeit a bit more cautiously) - because with politics you have to be pragmatic I think -

• Like 1

Just now, .ZZ. said:

If he turned water into wine his critics would say he was just drunk with power.

(but as he doesn't drink alcohol I doubt he would do that.. :) )

• Like 1

Just now, Farmer77 said:

Hey I gave him some credit in my reply! 

Im noticing that this is becoming a theme among Trump supporters, i didnt know there were so many Rodney Dangerfield fans left :D.

Anyways this is the chance guys, lay out for us what it is he has done for the nation thus far. 

you don't have to be a ''''Trump Supporter''' to make that observation -

anyway perhaps Trump Preferrer could be another sub group title because he defeated Clinton and the smug lot
that thought they had it in the bag -- and preferring him to Clinton was a deciding factor for many many people -

that hasn't changed

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Einsteinium said:

Trump Orders Removal Of Islamic Symbols, Practices In The White House

“Mr Trump doesn’t see the need to provide prayer rugs and false idols in a house built by Christians. Washington, DC offers a diverse cultural centre for the worship of any kind. You won’t find any special considerations for Judaism or crucifixes to appease Catholics, either. There is a simple chapel with a single cross on one wall that is suitable for prayer by anyone. Our government doesn’t need to be forcing prayer rituals down people’s throats just so we don’t “offend” apologising people looking to blow us up.

Patriots around the U.S. can rest assured that apologising for our faith has come to an end.

1 hour ago, bee said:

you don't have to be a ''''Trump Supporter''' to make that observation -

anyway perhaps Trump Preferrer could be another sub group title because he defeated Clinton and the smug lot
that thought they had it in the bag -- and preferring him to Clinton was a deciding factor for many many people -

that hasn't changed

I agree, he was seen by many as the lesser of two evils. Most people who voted for Trump really were voting against Hillary, not for Trump, he was just the only other option available, which is a huge indication of massive issues with our electoral system if the two people it spits out for us to pick from are freaking Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. I mean come on? Wtf? We have brilliant people in this country and those are the two we have to pick from? My God, what has happened to us!?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

“Mr Trump doesn’t see the need to provide prayer rugs and false idols in a house built by Christians. Washington, DC offers a diverse cultural centre for the worship of any kind. You won’t find any special considerations for Judaism or crucifixes to appease Catholics, either. There is a simple chapel with a single cross on one wall that is suitable for prayer by anyone. Our government doesn’t need to be forcing prayer rituals down people’s throats just so we don’t “offend” apologising people looking to blow us up.

Patriots around the U.S. can rest assured that apologising for our faith has come to an end.

Who cares about this? I mean honestly why should I care about this?

There should be no religious symbols in government period. This is a secular nation founded as such with the intention of religious freedom for all, including Muslims. 99% of Muslims do not want to blow us up, just like 99% of white nationalists don't want to blow us up but then you have people like Timothy McVeigh who come along and do just that. Islam is not the problem, extremism is.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Einsteinium said:

Who cares about this? I mean honestly why should I care about this?

There should be no religious symbols in government period. This is a secular nation founded as such with the intention of religious freedom for all, including Muslims. 99% of Muslims do not want to blow us up, just like 99% of white nationalists don't want to blow us up but then you have people like Timothy McVeigh who come along and do just that. Islam is not the problem, extremism is.

We care about it. It is something accomplished during President Trump's first 100 days in office.

9 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Ella, that's a hoax story. It was originally written as a fake story by a satire site, and has been debunked since it first appeared last year.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/01/phony-prayer-rug-story/

http://www.snopes.com/trump-cancels-obamas-muslim-ritual/

http://hoax-alert.leadstories.com/3030090-fake-news-trump-did-not-order-removal-of-islamic-symbols-practices-in-the-white-house.html

https://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/a-hoax-about-trump-removing-islamic-symbols-from-the-white-h?utm_term=.hyOJ04qPJ#.mfpmdo5lm

So no, Trump didn't remove Islamic symbols or practices from the white house.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, rashore said:

I don't know about that being a hoax, President Trump  has made several changes to  the White House whereas Obama had accommodated  the Muslim Brotherhood. 

Not sure if you know but even in the U.N there is a weird prayer room. 

Edited by Ellapennella
typo

GOP lawmakers defend Trump military rules of engagement

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/326212-gop-lawmakers-defend-trump-military-rules-of-engagement

So President Trump has made more changes . He has abolished the deadly restrictions that Barrack had placed on our American soldiers whereas they could not fire unless they were fired upon first, who was Barack accommodating ?

10 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

I don't know about that being a hoax, President Trump  has made several changes to  the White House whereas Obama had accommodated  the Muslim Brotherhood. 

Not sure if you know but even in there U.N there is a weird prayer room. 

Well you should know about it being a hoax. I just provided you with the facts on that. And it's always wise to fact check any news or reports because there's a lot of inaccurate or purely hoaxed stuff out there. Trump did accomplish other things in his first 100 days, but the removal of Islamic symbols and practices from the white house wasn't one of them.

And yes, I do know about the quiet room at the UN. It was created 60 years ago by a Christian gentleman so that people of all spiritual notions or faiths could enjoy meditation or prayer there.

• Like 2