Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreaming of a passed away loved one..

Ty.ler

Last summer my stepmother had an accident and a week later passed away.. The first night after she passed away I slept at my dads house and in the dream she opened the bedroom door and walked across the room to where I was she tried to speak but spoke in the way consistent with someone who had a brain injury/damage.. She lay curled in my arms and said nice things and and said its going to be okay.. I just held her.. We didn't always have the best of relationships, but I truly did love her, I had been upset that I had to go home a week before the accident that I couldn't stay and spend time with her and the rest of the family as I was hoping to reconnect.. I was so grumpy I didn't say goodbye or I love you when I left, that was the last time I saw her.. Over the past few months I have had dreams that seemed so real that she was back here and hadn't gone at all, the range from her telling me she loves me, to just an average day with her, I think one she was disappointed with something and each time I'm filled with a happiness to see her, because of her coma I never got to say what I wanted to her and have the verbal acknowlegdement that she heard me, and I assume most of these dreams have to do with the inner feelings of guilt that I have for how I left things, not being able to say I'm sorry or that I love her.. And me trying to find ways to do so.. But last night I had a dream that I was on the phone and she was on the phone talking to me and she was saying that she loves me and that all is okay that part was the most clear part and then it was like I said the things I wanted to say but the words didn't come out it was like I hesitated because in my head I was like how can this be you you're not here.. And as soon as I had that thought I said the things I wanted to say but there was no response it was like by thinking that she was gone the call ended.. Can anyone explain this to me?

You'll probably get more responses if this post is moved to "Dreams and Consciousness," a subforum of Metaphysics and such. You can ask a moderator to do that for you, if you'd like (just use the "Report" link that appears above the first line of your post).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ty.ler said:

Can anyone explain this to me?

Perfectly normal to have dreams like this when you lose someone you care about. 

As you wanted to say more to her before she passed, this is subconsciously playing on your mind, hence they manifest in your dreams.

Thousands of people have dreams which appear real, sounds like you are lucid dreaming and your situation sounds like a classic case of someone with things on their mind which they wanted to say but could not, hence you are now doing it through your dreams.

Nothing here is unusual, although it may seem so to you if you are not aware of the different types of dreams one can have.....if you "take your dream apart" bit by bit, you will see that every part of it relates to something you have see, heard, felt, thought or said during your waking hours.

• Like 2