Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

restaurant vows to fire employees

glorybebe

Well, this is a thread with an agreeable consensus.

• Like 6

Was the donut store closed?

• Like 2

Seems we all agree that they should be fired.  

That was easy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Seems we all agree that they should be fired.  

That was easy.

That is a first lol.   If you go to the article and read the comments there, there are a couple of comments of hate directed to the police.  It is nice that here we understand this is just unacceptable to treat customers like that.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

That is a first lol.   If you go to the article and read the comments there, there are a couple of comments of hate directed to the police.  It is nice that here we understand this is just unacceptable to treat customers like that.

I would fire them because of their stupidity.   If someone is dumb enough to do this to cops, I don't want them working for me. 

• Like 3

I'm agreeing too, they should be fired. Even without the police part, dropping the Fbomb on customers is a no-no. I can't think of any eating establishment where telling a customer F-you is OK. I know there are a few establishments that run "insulting" places where the harassment by the employees is on purpose and part of the entertainment of eating there, but I don't think those places allow Fbombs either.

And I went back and read the comments at glorybebe's suggestion. SMH. I kind of laughed at the one that suggested maybe that song was just playing in the front of the house or perhaps loudly from the back of the house. Just no there. Smithfields is a chain restaurant that part of their thing is an ambiance of "nostalgia", including playing oldies in the front of the house. NWA would not be heard playing. The folks in the back of the house might have been allowed to play their own music, but it wouldn't have been at audible levels in the front of the house. They might not have had the option either- a lot of chains either play the FoH music in the back, or no music at all.

• Like 3

oh please,  someone said  f you cops, and they along with their union are crying like snowflakes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

oh please,  someone said  f you cops, and they along with their union are crying like snowflakes. 

I see your point, but I think the employees are too stupid to employ, so I think they should be fired. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Myles said:

I see your point, but I think the employees are too stupid to employ, so I think they should be fired. 

lol, have you seen type of people that usually work in those places?  smart kids are too smart to work there. this happened before in other places. 

Apparently, the manager was singing along with the employees. 

So yeah, that was stupid, but it was also funny. I find it amazing that the police need an advocacy group to stick up for them. 

Everyone's gonna be fired by the owner, and the police will once again be able to eat their BBQ chicken in peace. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, glorybebe said:

The owner of a Smithfield’s Chicken ‘N Bar-B-Q in Raleigh, North Carolina has pledged to fire a group of employees who allegedly sang the N.W.A. song “**** tha Police” while a group of police sat down to eat at the restaurant.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3415719/smithfields-restaurant-police/

Where is the professionalism?  How can people think they can do things like this and keep their emoyment?

The one question I have is was the song already playing? I mean if the song was already playing and some cops happened to roll up then the cops just need to pull up their big blue panties and get over it and the restaurant itself needs to review its internal policies dictating which music can or cant be played. 

However if the staff just began singing on their own I have to say that while not being a fan of cops I am a professional and I would be p***ED if my employees acted like that to a potential revenue source. 

For practical reasons though I would probably just fire the manager. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The one question I have is was the song already playing? I mean if the song was already playing and some cops happened to roll up then the cops just need to pull up their big blue panties and get over it and the restaurant itself needs to review its internal policies dictating which music can or cant be played. 

However if the staff just began singing on their own I have to say that while not being a fan of cops I am a professional and I would be p***ED if my employees acted like that to a potential revenue source. 

For practical reasons though I would probably just fire the manager. 

Mostly agree, but I'd fire them all.   Or at minimum use it as a reason to get rid of the dead weight. 

• Like 1

Just now, aztek said:

i would not fire anyone, when cops are fired for stupid things they do, than we'll talk. 

:clap: Post of the day!!!!!!!!!!

57 minutes ago, aztek said:

i would not fire anyone, when cops are fired for stupid things they do, than we'll talk. 

I too would like them fired for stupid things they do, but I'm not going to employ stupid people because of it.    I hope the owner uses this opportunity to get rid of the idiots who work there. 

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

I too would like them fired for stupid things they do, but I'm not going to employ stupid people because of it.    I hope the owner uses this opportunity to get rid of the idiots who work there. 

lol spoken like a person that never ran a business.

every single person is stupid in someones eyes.  you employ people to do a job, if they know how to do the job right , and do not become liability,  you keep them. especially if you pay close to minimum, you can't really expect smart people to apply for that job.  have they became a liability? maybe yes may be no, it depends.  owner may say one thing on the record, but in reality he may support their views.  

as a someone who has no financial interest i'd like no one to be fired, cops get away with a lot more, so they should not get what they want, if someone offends them.  out of pricinple

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol spoken like a person that never ran a business.

every single person is stupid in someones eyes.  you employ people to do a job, if they know how to do the job right , and do not become liability,  you keep them. especially if you pay close to minimum, you can't really expect smart people to apply for that job.  have they became a liability? maybe yes may be no, it depends.  owner may say one thing on the record, but in reality he may support their views.  

as a someone who has no financial interest i'd like no one to be fired, cops get away with a lot more, so they should not get what they want, if someone offends them.  out of pricinple

You are showing your bias against cops.    Would you feel the same if they were saying "F" women in front of women customers?  We have no way of knowing if these were good cops or bad cops.  

I actually have experience in business.   These workers proved to be a liability and have shown their stupidity.    Close to minimum wage doesn't have to be stupid people.   I know plenty of quality people who work for low wages.   Sure the options are less for these types of restaurants, but if the owner feels he could get better quality workers, he/she should use this opportunity to do it.   

• Like 2

Just now, Myles said:

You are showing your bias against cops.    Would you feel the same if they were saying "F" women in front of women customers? 

i never tried to hide that bias.  prbly i would not feel the same, but they were not saying "F" women in front of women customers, lets talk about what has actually happened. 

25 minutes ago, aztek said:

i never tried to hide that bias.  prbly i would not feel the same, but they were not saying "F" women in front of women customers, lets talk about what has actually happened. 

I don't think there is anything more to discuss.   You hate cops and anyone who does something negative to them is justified in your view.    I know several cops and most of them are good guys who do not overstep their bounds.  

1 minute ago, Myles said:

I don't think there is anything more to discuss.   You hate cops and anyone who does something negative to them is justified in your view.   

with few exceptions yes, you got it right.