Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Seeing People that are not really there

Zhao Ri

Hi I am new to this board. Before I go on with the subject I would like to ask that no one make fun or ridicule me. I am very serious about this and i would like real replies. Thank you for your curtisy (if i spelled that right lol) thumbsup.gif

OK I have had experiences where I have seen people that I know walk by when thy are not really there.

I am going to try to explain in as much detain as I can so I can give you an idea of how i was seeing this. I have had 3 experiences with this.

Experience #1)

When I was about...7 (I am guessing, the age is a bit iffy, i am 18 now) I was sitting up in my bed in my room. My bed sat across from my door so I could see clearly into the hall. My mother came in my room and kissed me good night. She was wearing a white tee shirt and some sweats. She went into her room. Maybe an hour later or so, from my bed, i saw her run past my room and down the hall wich could only lead to the living room. I called out "mommy" of course. She didnt answer me so i quickly got up and went after her. I walked into the hall and called her name again. I walked down the hall wich was basically pitch black and into the living room which was also basically pitch black. She wasnt in there at all,so sort of freaked ( i was terrified of my apartment anyway from numerous other insidents that have happened that i will not discuse here) I ran back down the hall and looked into her room. She was asleep annd from what I could see she was wearing the same tee shirt that she had on earlier when she kissed me goodnight. I realized then that when she ran by she had a white tank top on and a pair of shorts. She coulnt have changed that fast. Also the floors in the apartment were sorta squeeky and when she RAN(well jogged i guess) by she made NO noise at all.

So yeah? what exatly did I see

Experience #2 is probably the weirdest. happened 2 years ago

I was staying at my friends house.

We were eating breakfast, but I felt ill so went to lay down on the couch in her living room. I was staring into the T.V which was off. In the T.V you could see the reflection of the table in the kitchen and everyone sitting around it you could also see the hall that lead to everyones rooms. Her parents starting arguing really loudly. I saw my friend get up (in the reflection) but she looked a bit different, her hair was longer, nicer, she was thiner and had a tank top on and a pair of capris. The reflection of her I saw got up walked away from the table, stopped looked at my direction then turned and went down the hall and i could see that it went into her room. At that time the fact that she looked kinda different really didnt register (once again) . I figured she was upset that he parents were arguing and went to her room. so i did what any good friend would do. I went after her. I got up from the couch, passed the kitchen (without even looking to see who was sitting there)I walked down the hall to her room and as i was entering i said her name .When i looked in her room there was no one there.

So I walked back down the hall to the kitchen and I saw her sitting there still at the table with her head facing the table. I looked at her really weird.I was shocked. She then looked up and saw me and i guess she thought I was crazy because i was just sort of staring at her. After breakfast she asked why I got up from the couch. I told her what I saw. All she said was that it was funny i said that. She said I saw exactly what she imagined herself doing(getting up,walking away, looking at me, then going to her room). And when I told her she looked different she said thats how she imagines herself in her head. She had weight problems and such back then so thats not unreasonable.

Experience number 3, happened last year (the middle of 04)

This is the last one:lol:

In my house (not the apartment anymore) I walked out of my room. My parents room is across from mine basically and my mother had the dogs in the room with her so i looked in at them to see if they were sleeping. They were (all 3, my mom and the 2 dogs)

Well I walked down the hall and made a right to the kitchen. I didnt see anything i wanted to eat so i walked forward more into the sunroom. It was dark outside but i decided to look out the window at the stars. It was sort of dark in that room but the room before it (the kitchen) had a light on so you could see the whole kitchen and part of the living rooms reflection in the window. Well while looking out the window i saw my mom walk by the kitchen into the living room. Once again i followed and once again to my avail there was no one there. and ONCE again she had somthing different on. Well I went to her room and looked in on her. She was in the same position, had the same clothes she had on when i last looked in on her and the dogs were in the same position.

There was no possible way she could have gotten up. I know because my dogs wake up when whoever they are sleeping with gets up. They were in the same positon and everthing. I dont know what to make of all this.

Anyone else have any other experiences.

I have so many other things I want to share but I figure, one subject at a time wink2.gif

thank you for your help.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Zhao Ri

• absinthegreen329

• lotus_spring

• Stellar

Those are very wierd things to see...not exactly ghosts because these are people you see that are still alive...

Maybe, in theory of course, what you are seeing is in your head...kinda like something caught in peripheral vision or in reflections that's not really there.

The fact that this has happened several times s hould be something unique...I don't know what to say really, but if it isn't harmful and nothing changes in the environment physically- then it might be just in your head

I know just how you feel, friend.

I have the same problem. At least I hope I do seeing as they just put me on a medication for it.

You see, I'm not sure if what I see is there or not. sad.gif

I'm wondering if I am seeing people's OBE's or not.

Weirdness.

Especially w/ the second experience, i Mean I saw what she was imagining. Thats really weird and I can't explain it :/ wacko.gif

Zhao Ri:

What you saw was the result of an ability of clairvoyance, which some people are gifted with. But are you a American Chinese?

You seems to have seen other's people thought's perception which weremanifested as concrete material.

When you don't concentrate too much sometimes your ability won't be hindered. I supposed most of the time you see 'things' is when you are not very fully conscious, that is you are in a semi-dazed state, yet aware of the surrounding.

This sounds very interesting, I would really like to hear more of your experiences.

What you saw was the result of an ability of clairvoyance, which some people are gifted with. But are you a American Chinese?

No, I am actually just american but not your average one hehe (race=black/white) My name actually is the name of a character based off of me in a Martial Arts comic that my bf is making (its a martial arts comic hence it takes place in a chinese esque surrounding so i got a chinese name:P)

Anyway here is some other "crazy" stuff

Other experiences I have had have been with sound. You know, the usual you hear your name called but no one is in the house or the person you thought said your name didnt say anything.

Then there have been things that I hear and my dogs hear. For example, a day that I know that my mother and father where at work, I heard footsteps walking down the hall and to my room ( i always hear stuff like that sometimes i think i am crazy) anyhow, it wasnt just footsteps, I also heard a newspaper rustling like the person was holding a newspaper (maybe the apparition was on the way to the bathroom i dont know lol) anyway the footsteps stopped at my door, both of my dogs who where asleep suddenly woke up and started growling. They were facing the door. I was just kinda lookin at the door and didnt really take interest. I thought it was my father until i looked out the window and saw that his car wasnt there. I also investigated the house. Nothing. No one there. :/

another thing with sound (maybe i have a disorder lol)

is one night i was in the living room watching t.v I heard a chain rattling so i thought it was one of my dogs (they used to wear choke chains) then i realized, its late so my dogs wouldnt have them on because they dont wear the collar all day. Also i realized my dogs were asleep in my mother and fathers room. The sound was also coming from the basement. Honestly i guess it could have been anything.. althouhg i cant imagine what could hace mimiced the exact sound of a dog chain rattling at 12 am.

Another wierd thing w/ my Bf is that sometimes I'll ask him what when he says nothing... or i'll answer his question when he hasnt said anything...its sort of like he is thinking out loud. Its happened a few times. hell always say i didnt say anthing but i was going to. unsure.gif

And 2 more thing for the day

This is when I lived in my townhome (yeah i know i lived a bunch a different places heh)

When I was 14 (back when I only had one dog) when I was at school and my mom was at work we would put our dog in her crate which was in the basement (its dark so she would sleep better down there). Anyhow I came home from school one day and instead of letting my dog out right away I ran up the stairs to go to the bathroom because well I had to pee badly lol. Anyhow. There were a bunch of vents in the house and you could hear anything that was going on in the basement upstairs. Well I after washing my hands I turned the water off and looked in the mirror to fix my hair. Through the vent i heard a faint weird voice. It sounded like someone whistling then clicking their toungue and makin like a pst pst pst noise like they were trying to coax my dog. Well the dog started freaking out. She was howling barking growling. I ran down there and got her out of the basement. There was no one down there of course do i dont know what that was.

And also around that time, not long after actually..

My father was downstairs getting ready for work, and i came downstairs to make a poptart. Well he said goodbye and left out the door. I started singing really loud in a really horrid voice. Suddenly I heard the basement door slam and someone running down the stairs.

Immediatly i though oh no! he heard me and I started laughing ( i was so embarrased) while i was laughing i walked over to the basement door to open in, it was pitch black in the basement. no one was in there :/ sad.gif

after that i got pretty scared. I took my food, my dog, and stayed in my room until my mother got home.

well i guess i can add one more. its another thing that happened around the same time

me and my friend (the same one who i "saw" when she was not there) where sitting on my bed when we heard my mom coughing pretty bad. We got up and looked in her room. She wasnt in there so we went downstairs. I asked her if she was ok she didnt know what I was talking about. She was in the kitchen talking to my aunt. I said, "you were coughing" she just looked at me weird.

me and my friend were just like ok...I mean no t.vs were on or anything. I dont know. :/...

She said at one point she made out the face in this 'presence' and it looked just like me.

Maybe you have some sort of healing powers. Where you concered about the woman when she left?

As for your friend that saw you. I dont know. Thats pretty scary. I dont even know what to think about that

Thank you really original.gif

I know that I may sound a little sarcastic when I write but that is just because it is a little weird talking about this subject. You know...some people are not that uh acceptant(is that a word?) of stuff like this. So i feel a bit awkward

thank you everyone for being so curtious and having a open mind thumbsup.gif

To: Zaoh and Anson

I just wanted to say that I believe both of you, for I too have had some odd experiences. Maybe not as odd as yours, but odd nonetheless. Quite frequently I will be sitting in my room, or doing something and I will hear something being said when there is no one else around. And I know I am not the only one hearing it because my cats will freak out when it happens, which scares me, but at least I know I am not crazy.

Do you ever hear voices? I am being serious. original.gif

Do you ever hear voices?  I am being serious. original.gif

437025[/snapback]

Sometimes, yes, mostly just at my dad's house. Not so much at my mom's house. And as far as I know, I am of sound mind, just in case you were wondering.

Sorry, I didn't know if this was directed to me or not. My appologies if it wasn't.

Edited by absinthegreen329

OK I have had experiences where I have seen people that I know walk by when thy are not really there.

Take any medications or used to take any medications? Any history with drugs or addictions to painkillers and over-the-counter medication? Where you tired when you saw these people? Any medical abnormal medical background?

I just wanted to say that I believe both of you, for I too have had some odd experiences. Maybe not as odd as yours, but odd nonetheless. Quite frequently I will be sitting in my room, or doing something and I will hear something being said when there is no one else around. And I know I am not the only one hearing it because my cats will freak out when it happens, which scares me, but at least I know I am not crazy.

You hear something or actual words?

You hear something or actual words?

437119[/snapback]

Sometimes it is audible, sometimes it is not. For all I know, it could be some weird connection between houses or something. But I seriously doubt it.

In my point of view, people who see 'ghosts' with clairvoyance ability means that a person is not spiritually purified, for once one has a particular righteous faith, these would dissapear whenever one go, I guess it has to do with one's spiritual faith somehow.

For those who have strong spriitual faith with the power of clairvoyance, they can choose whether and whoever they wish to communicate with from the other side of the 'world'. Such as psychics helping the police finding serial murderers, etc.

Another thing is that those who can 'see' ususally can 'hear', also both for man and 'othersides'. That is why sometimes you can know what others are thinking though.

I don't know. I'm about as christian as you can get lol. Well maybe not. But I am still a good person. No drugs, alcohal, sex etc. All that stuff.

I cuss(not too proud of that) tongue.gif lol but i try not too.

I go to church all the time(sunday morn.evenings, wed evenings. By my choice (even when i am DEAD tired or sick) and considering that my family is a family of atheists I think thats pretty good haha.

I also have strong strong faith.

I dont think anyone can tell me that God does not exist.

So I don't believe that me not being spiritually pure has anything to do with it.

But I dont know, thats just how I see it thumbsup.gif

Edited by Zhao Ri

I yesterday read about a local book which one can see another person's double, and the condition is called something like 'grappelagung', and is a foreign(french, german or spanish) term. It means, the double of self.

The word I gave was spelled wrongly, I will check it out again for the correct spelling.

In history, it is said that many who saw the double of another was a sign of bad omen (in many cases the orignal of the double died). I was wondering in ZhaoRi's case was there any misfortunes sustained to the original of the double..?

No. No misfortune's that I can recall unsure.gif

The time between all the "sightings" was pretty great also.

the first one being around when I was in elementary school (7-8 yrs old)

The second one being when I was in highschool maybe around 15 yrs of age

and the last one around 17 yrs of age.

I don't know.

O_o especially about the second experience.

I find it very ironic that you mentioned the time 4:20, for the last couple of years I seem to catch that time almost every day, as does my friend. It could be just a coincidence, but I don't know now, freaky.

That time thing both of you mentioned is kind of weird.

Its another strange experience I have had that well can be just coincidence

For half a year I kept catching the time 7:26 on the clock. I didnt notice the first few tiems really, but it kept happening everytime so it was kinda weird.

Now 7:26 = July 26 which is also my birthday so I was wondering if somtnhing bad was going to happen.

Well on my birthday one of my friends friends died that day in a horrible car wreck on rout 30.

I'll post the article if I can find it.

anyhow. I dont catch the time anymore.

it basically stopped after that day

but there are so many factors that can play into that so I don't know.

I dont like to "confirm" anything unless I know for sure.

That really makes me wonder if it is just a coincidence or something more. But being as it has been happening for so long without anything happening I just don't know. I will watch out when April rolls around.