Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunted House for Sale- Mineral Wells, TX

rashore

Holy Ghosts batman! Owner has stated alleged GHOST sightings, paranormal investigations and ghosts tours at this residence - known as HAUNTEDHILLHOUSE. Owner also stated NOT TO REMOVE any objects from home or property or house, spirits are attached to their belongings. About 1.395 acres prime location close to Baker Hotel. House and current alleged SPIRITS are being sold AS IS WHERE IS... lOTS OF HISTORY AND STORIES. Alleged 3rd bathroom built but sealed totally up, why? No one knows. The STAIRCASE is amazing and it leads up to the....

http://www.har.com/501-ne-1st-st/sale_NTREIS-13583680

The above is the real estate listing for Haunted Hill House, below is the website:

Haunted Hill House

Hill House is a 127 year old house (built 1890) in Downtown Mineral Wells and was purchased in 2013 by Phil Kirchhoff. There are high levels of Paranormal activity in the house and around the grounds of the house. Hill House is located in the shadow (150 feet away) of the famous Haunted Baker Hotel. The House has such high levels of activity, we have set it up as a Paranormal Research Center. (See the schedule page.) Activity in the house includes Intelligent haunting, residual haunting and visitations from the Baker Hotel

https://www.hauntedhillhouse.com/home.html

• Like 5

I kind of thought so too... but that dump is sitting on a 1.4 acre parcel of land. A couple other 1 acre lots in the area are 200-249,000, and a couple other 1+ acre with house on them that range from 149-399,000. I think it's the land that drives up the price on this one rather than the haunted rep.

• Like 4

Could be, lots of tales about hauntings in that area. I can't comment on that house being a dump, but the town itself isn't much to brag about unless you like wind.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 4

That dump is 127 years old. I'm sure you could find out in town records if it's been renovated or if that's pretty well the way it's always looked.

• Like 2

just out of curiosity, being haunted increases or decreases the price of property? 

• Like 2

When I was attending BYU I didn't want to be in the dorms (too much Mormon for one man to take) so I rented a renovated apartment on the top floor of a 100 year old home.  I was lucky and took over the lease from a lady that wanted OUT.  She confided in me that she wanted to leave because the previous tenant to her said it was haunted and then she started experiencing scary stuff.  She even claimed "the ghost" tried to kill her kitten.  

I lived there for 2 1/2 years and never had so much as a spider scare.  I did, however, discover a secret room. The panel door that looks like the rest of the wall was in a cubby between the livingroom and bathroom.  It was ensconced inside a set of shelves on the bottom level.  It was over a year before I discovered it.  I crawled inside and it was about the same size as the livingroom it hides behind.  I could tell there had been a fire once because the timber in the room was charred in places.  The funny thing was the room was so well designed you couldn't tell it was there even from the outside.  It kind of reminded me of the story of Anne Frank and the hidden room they stayed in before they were captured.  I have a sneaky suspicion that it was a room to hide bootleg items like liquor.  It was a creepy room but I didn't get any spooky ghostly vibes from it.  I suspect the ghost activity the previous tenants experienced was probably from rodents, birds or raccoons moving around in the hidden room.  

The other creepy thing about that house was the gargoyles perched over the entrance.  Given the time of day and type of light hitting them their facial expressions seemed to change.  I realized it was a trick of the light but the lady I took over the lease from was adamant the face actually moved while she was looking at it.  I never had that experience.  

Edited by Totah Dine
  • Like 5

On 5/4/2017 at 1:13 PM, Hi-NRG Eurobeat Man said:

Let's all pitch in and make it the UM clubhouse :)

I volunteer to be caretaker!

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 0:14 PM, kartikg said:

just out of curiosity, being haunted increases or decreases the price of property? 

That can depend on the property and the buyers. For folks that want a haunted property or if the property is famously infamous, that can make an increase. For folks that aren't interested or shun that sort of thing, it can make it drop. It's similar to famous true crime houses- sometimes it goes up, sometimes goes down.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Random update on this property...

Texas Couple Can't Seem to Sell Their Haunted House

A Texas couple's accidental purchase of a notoriously haunted house has proven to be more problematic than just having to deal with unwanted spirits as now they can't seem to sell it.

The Mineral Wells home, which made headlines earlier this year when the abode first went on the market, was purchased by Phil and Kim Kirchhoff back in 2014.

The couple claims that they originally had no idea that the house was haunted and only found out about its resident ghosts from neighbors after they had bought the building.

According to a number of accounts from people who have experience high strangeness there, the home boasts both the ghost of a woman who hums and a child that is said to talk to visitors.

As one can imagine, these tales upended the couple's plans to renovate the home as the reports were so unsettling that they never even moved into the house.

https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/texas_couple_can_t_seem_to_sell_their_haunted_house

• Like 1

Texas AND ghosts? Knock the price down and I would totally live there. One room to be reserved for traveling UM members who need place to stay.

cowboy2.gif

• Like 1

On 5/2/2017 at 7:52 PM, rashore said:

I kind of thought so too... but that dump is sitting on a 1.4 acre parcel of land. A couple other 1 acre lots in the area are 200-249,000, and a couple other 1+ acre with house on them that range from 149-399,000. I think it's the land that drives up the price on this one rather than the haunted rep.

With all that land, they could have pulled down the shack and build a nice house. 

So, are "haunted houses" real, or just an over-imagination, prank, seller ruse, etc?

I've never been in one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pallidin said:

So, are "haunted houses" real, or just an over-imagination, prank, seller ruse, etc?

I've never been in one.

Could be any one of the above,  no need for the etc, the 3 options you gave suffice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the website for the place and they have photos and a report of some of the activity there.I sent them an email.No don't want the place,but I asked have they talked to the spirits? Tell them that they wish to renovate the house and bring it back to its former glory. That they want to make the place nice for the spirits.  Sounds stupid I know. They could turn it into a museum by day and a haunted place by night. There are a couple of haunted places in Seguin. One is the Weinert House B&B, but the ghosts are friendly. Then there's another mansion forgot it's name  but it's also haunted, .Think it's Mosheim Manor? but they use it as a b&b as well and have ghost hunts. And of course the Magnolia Hotel where no one stays.The last one was on Ghost Adventures.