Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Evp

Jarvieg81

• 2 months later...

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MichaelY

• Timothy

• RoofGardener

• Jarvieg81

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no. 

For a EVP to work and be heard you need to have a high quality recording device. These are usually on certain radios and cassette tapes. 

Unfortunately, IPhone or Android phones do not have the quality to pick up EVPs. I recommend looking at radios that have a recording device or a Franks box which uses different frequencies and ghosts are known to communicate with it. 

I snap the old photo every now and then on my phone because you never know what you'll find lurking in the background but in terms of recording software not possible.

Hope that answers it :)

28 minutes ago, MichaelY said:

For a EVP to work and be heard you need to have a high quality recording device. These are usually on certain radios and cassette tapes. 

Hi, can you please give an example of what the minimum acceptable is? 

Umm... I would have expected a mobile phone to have a WAY higher recording quality than an old cassette recorder ?

Consider; Android mobile phones can replay MP3 audio at 16-bit, 48Khz sample rate. Even 1/2" reel-to-reel would struggle to equal that ? I assume their sampling/recording system uses the same sampling level ? Consider also that the electronics of such phones enable some of them to record VIDEO at HD-quality level; a task that is several orders of magnitude more difficult than recording high-quality audio.

Of course, we would have to factor in the microphone etc as well ?

Edited by RoofGardener

In reply to both of your comments phones are not designed to capture recordings to the high capacity to capture a EVP. You'll be suprised the things cassette players can do. A phone can only capture so much so using a phone to capture EVP's isn't going to bring results. 

I recommend reading this article https://www.thoughtco.com/how-to-record-evp-2594034 along with this one https://www.thoughtco.com/iphone-an-appropriate-digital-recording-device-2594028

If you get results they won't be clear.

Edited by MichaelY
Added link