Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

More games set in ancient south america

grimsituation6

Just thought it's really a setting underutilized. Games depicting Mayan or Aztec culture. I think ancient Mexico would be awesome for an assasins creed game, stealthly scaling Mayan pyramids, outrunning Jaguar warriors. Spoiler: the hood in assasins creed is very similar to the eagle crowns worn by Mayan kings.

it just seems like an exciting era to explore more.

• Like 5

There is so much history and mystery to work with, you could tell some really original and cool stories, what was machu pichu? Nazca? Even a cool survival type game, where ur village was destroyed and ur being hunted, like that Mel Gibson movie.

4 hours ago, grimsituation6 said:

assasins creed game, stealthly scaling Mayan pyramids,

Did you not play Black Flag?

MS_Tulum1.jpg

• Like 3

i'd love to see games set in all sorts of different places and eras. history is incredibly rich as a source, and so much of it is ignored.

there's an interesting little game called "unreal world" which is basically set in a sort of iron age lappland. used to be hard to get but it's on steam now, and it's worth checking out.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to see more in ancient South American cultures. In Europe Universalis 4, the Aztecs are one of my favourite factions to play as. The tabletop RPG Scion also has a fully fleshed-out ruleset for playing the children of the classical Aztec gods.

On Wednesday, May 03, 2017 at 1:24 PM, grimsituation6 said:

Any other ideas? Or other areas of the world lacking in games?

Expand the setting beyond Anahuac into the Pueblo and Cahokia too.

• Like 1