Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Son and daughter kept dead dad at home for his pen

Kira

Son and daughter kept dead dad at home for his pension

Two Romanians allegedly kept their dead father's body at home for three months so they could carry on cashing his pension.

The body of the 69-year-old was found in a flat at Cluj Napoca after neighbours noticed his disappearance and alerted the police.

Police said the man's son and daughter were sleeping in the same room as the body.

Officers say the son admitted they didn't announce the death because they needed their father's pension.

The two are likely to be asked to return the pension money but have not been charged with anything so far, reports the Evenimentul Zilei newspaper.

unsure.gifblink.gifwacko.gif

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Kira

• racerette

• Space Moose

Similar things are reported here occasionally. Some man or woman keeps dear, dead old mom/dad/whoever secreted away in the apartment/house for the Social Security/Retirement/Welfare/Pension checks. Can't these people be charged with fraud for continuing to cash the checks?

Don't know if greed was the issue here, you got to look at the facts, these people were Romanian and judging by what they said they just could not live with out the money.

Gotta say though this is an extremely desperate thing to do !!

I actually feel some sorrow for these two . sad.gif

Am i the only one that feels this way?????

JUST GOES T0O SHOW YOU MONEY IA A POWERFUL THING AND CAN CONTROL YOU 2 DO SOME PRETTY SICKENING THINGS

ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gifhuh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I can maybe understand people being soooo desperate for money that they might not tell anyone. But keeping the body around and sleeping in the same room as it is...well...SICK !!!

• 2 weeks later...

I think I've heard of something similar happening in Britain.

I also recall that poor little boy whose mother had run off so he decided to stay at home alone and only told someone when he had run out of money. Poor thing unsure.gif

Let me tell you, this story makes a lot more sense when you see the end to the word "pension". At first I thought "That must be some pen! I bet it writes in 19 different colours!"

Sadly this sort of thing happens far too often, usually with a spouse who cannot afford to live without the extra money. Older people do not have enough earning power by themselves and as the baby boom generation ages, this will only get worse.

Yeah I know space moose ,If I could just get my Hubby to get a little life Insurance it would make thing's a lot easier . I don't think he trust's me sad.gif