Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Twice whistling creature ?

UM-Bot

By: Honest B. | Location: Ohio

Okay so this has been going on for a few months now but things just went to the next level last night. I was about 6 months pregnant when this started (back in October) we had only been living in this house for about 2 or 3 months and everything had been normal. 

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/stories/111849/twice-whistling-creature

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds to me you have what is known as a "creeper" stories of them tend to have whistling attached to them, be careful with confronting one they are known to be malicious and can physically harm you. 

• Like 1

I would want to know why the neighbour was confident it wouldn't hurt anyone. What did he know about it?

• Like 2

The neighbor definitely knows something. Go back and talk to him again, and insist he tells you exactly what he knows. You live in the same area, and you have a right to know what it is, and a right not to be scared every time you go outside.

• Like 1

We have a bird here that makes exactly that noise .   Also other birds that only call at night .   As far as the creature goes   ....   ( ahem !   :)  )      people see all sorts of things ... I was with a guy once and we driving down a bush track at night and had some  cows running in front of the cars in the headlights and a passenger asked me 'What are those things ?"    ......  He was seeing something VERY different to me !  

What a big issue out of nothing .    The neighbor ?    Well, if someone said to me they saw a big critter in the bushes I would  too have said  "Dont worry, it won;t hurt you ."       However, if they saw a brown coloured snake around here ......    beware !

Some people just seem scared of nature itself !   

• Like 1

I guess dem citi folk never had nuttin' to do with them ther outdoorsy types stuf. :lol: 

• Like 1

It true .  I had a friend from the city stay here .   he lives in a pretty rough area ... and you would not wanna mess with him.  One night sitting outside he goes ' You know a lot of people .... from the city ... might be nervous out here  . " 

" Why ? "

" Way out here away from everything .... out in the dark , no lights anywhere ."

"Are you  scared of the dark ! ? " :o

"  Errrrmmmm .....     "  

Whaaaat ? ! ? 

So much scarier in the city ... last time I  hitch hiked there I  arrived in the middle  of it about 11 pm  ...  I had to evade 3 'mission beat'  vans and group of people trying to offer me coffee and a bed for the night .... I'd escape one lot , then another lot would find me .

I asked one group if I was heading in the right direction to walk to ......  and they go   "  NO !     Dont go that way .... thats straight through the gay area !  "  

Whaaaat ?    LIke I am gonna get mugged by some gay guys drinking wine  at an outdoor cafe ??? 

Anywayz , I slept in an alley, it wasnt too bad, except for all the broken glass and cat fights. In the morning .....  thats when it started to get really weird  ......   and culminated in one of the  most .....      (hmmm cant think of appropriate word ..... let's say )  ..... 'memorable'    days of my life . 

City  .....   wierd  !  

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 2

Out in the country. Sitting on the porch, listening to the owls and crickets, watching ufo's and a drunk dancing bigfoot. Good times, good times.:lol:

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, back to earth said:

It true .  I had a friend from the city stay here .   he lives in a pretty rough area ... and you would not wanna mess with him.  One night sitting outside he goes ' You know a lot of people .... from the city ... might be nervous out here  . " 

" Why ? "

" Way out here away from everything .... out in the dark , no lights anywhere ."

"Are you  scared of the dark ! ? " :o

"  Errrrmmmm .....     "  

Whaaaat ? ! ? 

I'm not a small bloke, and my best mate is only about 5'10" but built like a bull,  our other mate though is a bit shorter than me (yes you are if you ever read this) but about 22 stone, and fit as they come. He's pretty much unassailable, and none of us are exactly the victim type. But we were cycling through a forest at night a few years back when one of us broke down, the big guy was scared stiff. 

We asked him exactly what it was he was scared of he told us 'psychos in the bushes'. Idiot.

• Like 1

Sounds like the La Chusa

In Mexican folklore, at least how I was told, it is a birdlike witch that has an owl like appearance. The story went, if you hear 2 whistles, not to whistle back, if you do, they will stop whistling (which is how one would know they are alerted) and then the La Chusa would  come attack you and the only way to make it stop and leave is to cuss at it or say a prayer, either one disturbs them for some reason and they leave. If it's dead silent and you hear 2 whistles almost 'signal' to you, don't whistle back.

That's how the tale goes anyway. Never seen one personally though I have 'heard' them.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, oldrover said:

I'm not a small bloke, and my best mate is only about 5'10" but built like a bull,  our other mate though is a bit shorter than me (yes you are if you ever read this) but about 22 stone, and fit as they come. He's pretty much unassailable, and none of us are exactly the victim type. But we were cycling through a forest at night a few years back when one of us broke down, the big guy was scared stiff. 

We asked him exactly what it was he was scared of he told us 'psychos in the bushes'. Idiot.

No no ...    you should have said ....    'What you worried   I am the one that has to cycle home alone from here and  trying to carry all your good cycle accessories . " 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Thurnis Hayley said:

Sounds like the La Chusa

In Mexican folklore, at least how I was told, it is a birdlike witch that has an owl like appearance. The story went, if you hear 2 whistles, not to whistle back, if you do, they will stop whistling (which is how one would know they are alerted) and then the La Chusa would  come attack you and the only way to make it stop and leave is to cuss at it or say a prayer, either one disturbs them for some reason and they leave. If it's dead silent and you hear 2 whistles almost 'signal' to you, don't whistle back.

That's how the tale goes anyway. Never seen one personally though I have 'heard' them.

Dude .... you should hear the noise the 'murderous owl ' makes here some times at night !  Serious .... its driven people out of our camp ground in middle of night , running across the road and bashing on the door  "Someone is being l killed ! "   'There is a God damn demon in your orchid  ! "     " It   sounds like a baby being pulled apart  !  "  

It is NOT a pleasant  sound !     ...........       But it is an owl . 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Thurnis Hayley said:

Sounds like the La Chusa

Cussing sounds like more fun.  What happens if it attacks you?  Does it eat your head and throw your guts all around?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Dude .... you should gear the noise the 'murderous owl ' makes here some times at night !  Serious .... its driven people out of our camp ground in middle of night , running across the road and bashing on the door  "Someone is being l killed ! "   'There is a God damn demon in your orchid  ! "     " It   sounds like a baby being pulled apart  !  "  

It is NOT a pleasant  sound !     ...........       But it is an owl . 

Please tell me why the owl does that?  Is it perhaps to scare away campers so it can have the field to itself?  I do think, skeptic that I am, that if I heard that I would depart too -- rapidly.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There are a couple of creatures that somewhat match the description here. Some of the less likely candidates are the Lechuza or the Mogollon Monster. Somewhat more likely (if you believe in things like this) are the Teakettler and the Snallygaster. Now, getting down to Ohio specific Cryptids that could be responsible, the first is the Loveland Frogman. It is about the right size, quiet and fast. It doesn't whistle, but there's nothing saying it can't. The other would be the Grassman. The Grassman is Ohio's version of Bigfoot myth. It does whistle, but is significantly larger than a Doberman.

I will readily admit that some of these are quiet far fetched, but I figured I'd throw in everything I could find.