Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Freemasonry and its shadow

Mr. Box

On 5/7/2017 at 11:05 PM, Dhurfjooydig said:

First, to clarify, there is oral tradition and there is oral tradition used within secret societies ... by "mystery knowledge" I assume you're referring to its use by secret societies ... hence, your query cannot be answered by virtue of the fact that what is being preserved and passed on in secret societies is, well ... secret.

Re: your assertion about the human mind ... it certainly isn't the way the modern mind and society works, but ancient people depended on oral tradition for, among other things, survival ... and their oral traditions in some cases extended back thousands of years, even into the mists of time. Most of our oldest extant literature—The Iliad and The Odyssey, Beowulf, the Psalms, the pre-Islamic Muallaqat, the Edda, the Kalevala— derives from much older oral recitation, whose roots wind much deeper into the past than we imagine. For example, the (now printed) Authenticity of Open Awareness (from ancient northwestern Tibet) derives from an oral tradition thought to extend back 18,000 years by the tradition that preserves it.  The ancient oral roots of the gathas (songs) found in the Vendidad section of the Iranian Avesta may date to as early as 6000 BCE (according to Plutarch) and possibly much older. 

I was new to the city where I live and was lucky enough to catch a connect to the 8123 lodge here (as an uninitiated), lovely bunch. Being sat at the head table during an old Lancashire night was a good way to look past the bull**** and see that, as a social group, they could freely form a consensus without begging to the uneducated. Constant anecodotes for years as I met people from various lodges such as 147 Warrington and others that told me of the current subscription model for attendance.

Now, a conspiracy theorist would argue that they had oral tradition indicative of the Maltese Hypogeum's structural significance long before this research: https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-04464-4 'Brain-to-brain entrainment: EEG interbrain synchronization while speaking and listening' or research from the British Psychological Society's research digest (second half) May 2011 regarding heartbeat synchronization during exercise between humans ('ECG level' millisecond synchronization), but it's mainly the consensus.

Sounds like the Sanhedrin.

Something I think of when I think of the FreeMasons is Luke 11:45-52

45Then answered one of the lawyers, and said unto him, Master, thus saying thou reproachest us also. 46And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers. 47Woe unto you! for ye build the sepulchres of the prophets, and your fathers killed them. 48Truly ye bear witness that ye allow the deeds of your fathers: for they indeed killed them, and ye build their sepulchres. 49Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute: 50That the blood of all the prophets, which was shed from the foundation of the world, may be required of this generation; 51From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias, which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation. 52Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

and also all of the chapter of Matthew 23

Well, history is rife with christians mauling Biblical texts in a forced effort to make those texts apply to their cause of the day. I can't throw too much shade, since I use a verse from Leviticus to keep dwarves and people with testicular damage from entering my home. 

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

Well, I think that verse is misused, because I'm pretty sure it's for the congregation, not for your home, and you're forgetting that it also is against b*******, and I think by lame it means they are missing an arm or leg, and it's also against the blind and deaf.  But, whatever.

I also think of the verse in Matthew where the apostle comments to Jesus about the beauty of some of the buildings in the city, but Jesus says, "Marvel not, for every stone in this city shall be turned over.:"  Buildings don't last, and God bless the order if it can itself last eternity.

• 2 months later...

If you want to look at where the signs and tokens of Freemasonry originate, read the Nag Hamadi Library, the Eqyptian Gnostic gospels and other early (pre-Constantine) Christian writings. The symbolic rites in Nag Hamadi resemble Freemason forms, and there is good evidence to indicate that some of the Qumran Community (Essenes) who had converted to Christianity relocated to Egypt during the sack of Jerusalem by the Romans. The Qumran Community (of Dead Sea Scrolls fame) was founded by former priests of the Jerusalem temple who had left because they felt Judaism had strayed and become corrupted. 

Freemasonry claims to herald back to Hiram Abiff, a worker who helped build Solomon's temple. Allowing for a bit of transmission error over a couple of millennia, the transmission of sacred rites that originated with the temple is consistent with historical connections. The "symbolic mystery" aspects of Christianity were declared heretical during Constantine's crackdown on alternate forms of Christianity. Preserving the rites by means of elite societies of "knowers" (Gnostic means knower, after all) and keeping the sacred knowledge underground would be a natural outcome of those circumstances. Christianity of all types was practiced similarly under other Roman emperors such as Nero.

The Freemasons simply inherited these forms, although surely changes were made over two thousand years. Still, reading the Nag Hamadi Library makes it hard to believe there is no connection.

• 1 month later...
On 20/5/2017 at 6:17 AM, back to earth said:

I dont see why not .... if you want to .   ordinary masonry has women's parts    Co-masonry has women initiates . And my ( terrible spurious version ... that does not burn its own books )   has men and women ...... I am going to drop a bomb here .... see the temple tumble over !  

My first  initiation was done by a woman Lodge Master !

Image result for group shock horror gif

( but we were a modern progressive group ;) )

Who's your mother lodge? 

On 7/5/2017 at 11:51 PM, Kenemet said:

BTW, as with many organizations of the time, their "history" is a "pious fabrication."  There was no "Hiram Abiff - something easily figured out when you know that people did not have last names in the purported "time of Solomon."  There's a lot of historical errors in their "source material."

The Masons know this, by the way.  Several have written books on this subject.  Again, you can find this out simply by attending a lodge as a guest.

Abiff is not a surname. 

"The Masons know this, by the way"

:D