Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bmk1245

Problems with connecting to UM

9 posts in this topic

I've hit the big wall of a problem: two browsers IE and Opera can't find UM with messages This site can't be reached (Opera) and Can’t reach this page (IE). Epic, the one I'm using now, seems to be working fine. I've spent half night running through settings (Win10) and registry to find something that is preventing/blocking connection with UM. Any other website can be reached without problems, the issue is with UM only. Any suggestions?

Our host is running some sort of network maintenance which is messing up the connection.

Unfortunately there's nothing I can do so the only option is to wait it out.

OK, thank you, Saru,

I only found it bit of strange that different software act so differently. Kinda, bizarro world...

I found the same thing, in my case I couldn't access the site until I reset my Internet connection.

Host has posted this on Twitter:

We are currently experiencing a network related issue which is causing connectivity issues for users. We are investigating the issue now.

Seems to be affecting a lot of servers on the network, there's a huge queue for technical support right now.

1 person likes this

Thank for update Saru, 'cause I almost got mental trying to figure out the problem.

Another update, this time on Facebook:

Following a Network Upgrade certain external IPs are having an issue connecting to our network. Affected users may be unable to connect or see higher latency. We are looking into this issue at this time.

It's not clear exactly how many people are still unable to get on to UM due to this.

According to our host, this issue should now be resolved.

It has struck me that these seem to be a few regular faces missing at the moment.