Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Freezes Funds to Anti-Terror Groups

Dark_Grey

Just now, Gromdor said:

The bikers coming down to threaten the guys and their wives for forming their club isn't proof enough for you?

But to be honest, I am not sure of the point of your denial.  Are you in a bike club or something?

proof of what???? terrorism? no.  

what denial are you talking about? denial that MC members sometimes commit crimes, no i do not deny that, what i'm denying is that they are terrorists.  

i'm not in MC, i do not even have a motorcycle anymore, but i used to ride, thou i did not belong to any gang,  thou it did not stop many assuming i was. i never wore any colors\patches.

20 minutes ago, quillius said:

edit to add: and what were the stats showing us? gangs related or 'hate groups/terrorism'?

Global Terrorism Database (FAQ)

Follow the above link to read more about their methodology and the stats themselves. When you do an "advanced search" of the database, you have 3 options regarding the definition of "terrorism" that you can check/uncheck to change your search results. This helps filter through gang activity and hate groups.

While the GTD inclusion criteria offer a comprehensive definition of terrorism, we encourage users to take advantage of the GTD's flexibility to restrict the data according to their definitional preferences. This includes filtering search results based on whether the coder noted some uncertainty whether an incident meets all of the criteria for inclusion ("Doubt Terrorism Proper," systematically available for post-1997 cases only). Also, users can filter search results based on which of the following three criteria are met (available for all cases):

Criterion I: The act must be aimed at attaining a political, economic, religious, or social goal.
Criterion II: There must be evidence of an intention to coerce, intimidate, or convey some other message to a larger audience (or audiences) than the immediate victims.
Criterion III: The action must be outside the context of legitimate warfare activities.

According to the GTD, this database is sound enough that it is referenced by law enforcement.

Edit to add--

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question. The stats show confirmed acts of terrorism based on political or ideological (religious,) motives.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Global Terrorism Database (FAQ)

Follow the above link to read more about their methodology and the stats themselves. When you do an "advanced search" of the database, you have 3 options regarding the definition of "terrorism" that you can check/uncheck to change your search results. This helps filter through gang activity and hate groups.

According to the GTD, this database is sound enough that it is referenced by law enforcement.

Edit to add--

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question. The stats show confirmed acts of terrorism based on political or ideological (religious,) motives.

Thanks DG, you did more than just answer the question...appreciated..

So this does then make the discussion on 'gangs' quite pointless, right?

• Like 1

Just now, quillius said:

Thanks DG, you did more than just answer the question...appreciated..

So this does then make the discussion on 'gangs' quite pointless, right?

It just muddies the waters. If we're talking about Islamic terrorism, Hell's Angels, Crips and other gangs aren't really comparable. "Terrorism" needs a clear ideological or political motive to fit the bill. A better example would be Timothy Mcveigh building bombs to stop the spread of technology. He had a political/ideological motive, not simply drugs or turf wars. Similarly, Islamic terrorists kill because they believe their religion commands it or because they want to instill terror for political gain.

21 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

As in "white supremacists"? No, there are plenty of black members in that gang. If you're down with organized crime, your skin is the right color.

You're right about the Hell's Angels. They're an organized criminal group, not extremists or terrorists. The Order might be the worst real (key word) American White supremacist group that was involved in acts of terrorism. McVeigh's act of terrorism was more political than racial.

9 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Good point. The existence of a white supremacist gang is only half the story - even ANTIFA is causing more destruction and violence than these groups yet there are millions of dollars allocated to suppressing this apparent resurgence of Nazism?

The Left is better manufacturing domestic threats than the Repubs are at regime changes.

Edit to add--

When I said "manufactures threats", I mean it literally. Black students spraying backwards swastikas and racial slurs, a kid in Israel calling in bomb threats to American Jewish centers (IDF?) the list goes on. The Left (not Liberals!) have become more devious and kniving than I thought possible. Communism now poses a bigger threat to our way of life than ISIS. WTF man

Many leftists seem bereft of logic and reason, and it's reached the point where they sound like they're reality-impaired. They embrace fanatical Muslims who hate them, and they attack Christian bakers who refuse to sell wedding cakes to gay couples while they ignore Muslim regimes that kill gay couples in public squares. Some radical feminists lionize individuals who are proponents of systemic sexism. It is to the point where it's as if there was a group of Jews who defend Nazis while they insult conservative rabbis.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

The word terrorist is thrown around way too easily as you just demonstrated.  In my opinion terrorist must have some kind of political goal in mind.  A drug dealer killing someone in a horrific manner to intimidate other drug dealers does not qualify.

It can be political (the Irish Republican Army) or racial (the Order). It can be tied to religion (Islamist groups). There are other categories too. The bottom line is that they try to impact societies through terroristic acts like spiking trees in forests.

57 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

You're right about the Hell's Angels. They're an organized criminal group, not extremists or terrorists. The Order might be the worst real (key word) American White supremacist group that was involved in acts of terrorism. McVeigh's act of terrorism was more political than racial.

No one said they were terrorists. Only that they are a white gang.

You could make a case for them being extremist bikers, though. ;)

6 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

A better example would be Timothy Mcveigh building bombs to stop the spread of technology. He had a political/ideological motive, not simply drugs or turf wars.

That sounds like the Unabomber. He had a huge grudge against science and technology. He also took part in MK Ultra experiments when he was a college student. You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to wonder about that one.

2 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Many leftists seem bereft of logic and reason, and it's reached the point where they sound like they're reality-impaired. They embrace fanatical Muslims who hate them, and they attack Christian bakers who refuse to sell wedding cakes to gay couples while they ignore Muslim regimes that kill gay couples in public squares. Some radical feminists lionize individuals who are proponents of systemic sexism. It is to the point where it's as if there was a group of Jews who defend Nazis while they insult conservative rabbis.

What's really frightening is how many major news networks are willing to push their narrative. You are right about being removed from reality, (there are only two genders, kids,) but they are shaping this reality to match theirs.

Bill Nye the "not so Science" Guy has faced some scrutiny lately for his new show. Maybe you've heard of this? In one episode, he circumvents Science altgoather and pushes the narrative that gender is fluid and your chromosomes don't matter. Eerie.

What some people don't know, is Bill Nye actually covered gender in that classic Bill Nye show we all remember. Back then, he talked about X and Y chromsomes and what differentss a boy and a girl at that level. Ergo, he was promoting binary, Science based gender facts. Bill Nye has shown that he is just a mouthpiece for hire. What a shame..

As if that wasn't bad enough, Netflix actually went back and edited the old episode about gender!  They removed his monologue completely as if it never existed. 

Ladies and gentlemen, as trivial as this may seem on the surface, step back for a moment and understand the scope of what these insane Leftists have accomplished in a short period of time. They have not only begun to teach their perverted version of reality to the mainstream, they have begun manipulating existing media. These College Professors, mayors, Police Chiefs and Politicians are eroding Western culture from the inside out. look in to New Orleans and the massive ANTIFA push to remove ALL Confederate statues, regardless of any racist connotations. The mayor, a sympathizer, used heavy Police enforcement to gaurd masked men (wearing bulletproof vests,) as they pulled the statues and monuments down. Snipers were waiting nearby. No one in the town had ever complained about the monuments before, but ANTIFA comes out of nowhere to literally rip history off it's mount spouting their insane racism rhetoric while white and black veterans stood gaurd over their heritage. The arm of the State was used to protect Marxists as they tore down our historical monuments. I wish I was making this up.

Just when you thought foreign threats were enough to deal with...

Spoiler

Communist_flag.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It can be political (the Irish Republican Army) or racial (the Order). It can be tied to religion (Islamist groups). There are other categories too. The bottom line is that they try to impact societies through terroristic acts like spiking trees in forests.

All of the above were and are trying to bring about political change.  The order wanted to overthrow the government the IRA wanted to get Ireland out of GB and all Islamist groups desire a caliphate, so all are politically motivated terror groups.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FLOMBIE said:

No one said they were terrorists. Only that they are a white gang.

You could make a case for them being extremist bikers, though. ;)

My point is that they're not an extremist group like the Ku Klux Klan. Some people tend to blur categories for some unknown reason.

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

All of the above were and are trying to bring about political change.  The order wanted to overthrow the government the IRA wanted to get Ireland out of GB and all Islamist groups desire a caliphate, so all are politically motivated terror groups.

A caliphate is tied to religion too. The Order was comprised of racists. Some groups, like Earth First and PETA, are primarily concerned with flora and fauna than with strictly political changes. There is some overlap, but it's not just politics at play in all instances.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

My point is that they're not an extremist group like the Ku Klux Klan. Some people tend to blur categories for some unknown reason.

They do not have a political agenda that drives them, that's right. Their chapters are way too autonomous for that. 

Edited by FLOMBIE

Just now, Paranormal Panther said:

A caliphate is tied to religion too. The Order was comprised of racists. Some groups, like Earth First and PETA, are primarily concerned with flora and fauna than with strictly political changes. There is some overlap, but it's not just politics at play in all instances.

Islam is very political in its nature. 

• Like 1

Dark Grey, I'm sadly aware of the Bill Nye and New Orleans situations. Stalin would be proud. Let's just put unpleasant history down the memory hole where it can be forgotten to the point of mass amnesia by individuals who aren't just plain ignorant. It reached the point of surreal absurdity at some point after 9/11.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

Yeah like the NYT using "genital cutting" to describe Female Genital Mutilation... so as to be "culturally sensitive"... WTF mate? Trump is literally Hitler for joking about grabbing it, but these guys are straight up literally cutting off vaginas and the left is concerned about being "sensitive"?

• Like 2

Many leftists seem bereft of logic and reason

it's by no means restricted to the left. :( 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker

21 hours ago, Alaric said:

Yeah like the NYT using "genital cutting" to describe Female Genital Mutilation... so as to be "culturally sensitive"... WTF mate? Trump is literally Hitler for joking about grabbing it, but these guys are straight up literally cutting off vaginas and the left is concerned about being "sensitive"?

Many leftists consult their handbooks on these matters, and their rules and regulations have little or nothing to do with reality in many cases. They divide people into categories rather than judge things by facts. A very sexist Muslim is valued more than a slightly sexist Christian in their scoring systems. This is why many leftists are more bothered by traditional Christian teachings than mutilated female organs.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

it's by no means restricted to the left. :( 

I hope that I didn't sadden or worry you *too* much. Of course, leftists have no monopoly on it. I never said that they did. They just tend to be more reality-impaired than rightists except in conspiracy theory circles.