Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WTF Commercials

Keel M.

Have you ever seen commercials on tv or even on YouTube that make you say or think, "WTF did I just watch?" I thought I'd share my latest discovery and see what others have seen that gave them the same reaction.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Nonentity said:

Have you ever seen commercials on tv or even on YouTube that make you say or think, "WTF did I just watch?" I thought I'd share my latest discovery and see what others have seen that gave them the same reaction.

What country are you in Nonentity? I ask because I'm British, and we really don't know what half of our adverts are about, the one above is crystal clarity by our standards. 

This is what we call ******* weird. And bear in mind we didn't have the title on Youtube when we saw it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXIfLguIcxs

Actually, try not to read the video's title and see when you guess what the hell is going on.

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 3

Wow THAT is one trippy advert oldrover! Lol I'm in the US by the way. :)

• Like 1

Rich Hall once did a bit on the difference between British and American TV advertising. In essence ours is less direct. 

If you see any sort of anthropomorphic creature on our TV it's probably insurance, if it's a load of women between the ages of 18 and 80 on a toboggan it's Marks and Spencer's. Beyond that it's hard to say what's going on.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Rich Hall once did a bit on the difference between British and American TV advertising. In essence ours is less direct. 

If you see any sort of anthropomorphic creature on our TV it's probably insurance, if it's a load of women between the ages of 18 and 80 on a toboggan it's Marks and Spencer's. Beyond that it's hard to say what's going on.   

And if they are really gorgeous girls under 25 in skimpy costumes having fun, then its probably an advert to encourange more men to buy tampons ....

I dont get adverts!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Essan said:

And if they are really gorgeous girls under 25 in skimpy costumes having fun, then its probably an advert to encourange more men to buy tampons ....

I dont get adverts!

No. Neither do I. 

That mascara (well the dupe atleast is perfect) is meant to be great, but it is a very WHAT ad. The new Skittles one for Mothers Day is creepy 

13 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

That mascara (well the dupe atleast is perfect) is meant to be great, but it is a very WHAT ad. The new Skittles one for Mothers Day is creepy 

I saw that skittles ad!! Weird and creepy for sure.

• Like 1

This one is definitely out there.

A Rastafarian milking a giraffe...WTF!

• Like 3

Somebody, producing those Skittles commercials, is doing some good drugs.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Big Mirk said:

This one is definitely out there.

A Rastafarian milking a giraffe...WTF!

That's just disgusting! I switch it off every time it comes on!

• Like 1

That Giraffe is borderline racist. Skittles seem to forget the difference between entertaining/advertising their product and crossing lines.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, ^ ^ that's totally gross.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

But I really appreciate commercials that share my own warped sense of humor...

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

@ Taun, I will never be able to eat soft serve ice cream again.

He'll be serving at the Wear-It-Backwards Tennis Shoe and Tuxedo Ball.... The good thing is you'll be facing the other way...

• Like 3

That's ok Taun, I'll just eat the cake and skip the ice cream....and don't you dare tell me anything about the nature and origin of the cake!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

That's ok Taun, I'll just eat the cake and skip the ice cream....and don't you dare tell me anything about the nature and origin of the cake!

I could tell you tales!... (but I wont)

• Like 2

The 'Trunk Monkey' ...................... I have absolutely no idea what it is or what it might look like(I'm assuming it isn't a live monkey that you keep in the trunk?) :huh: 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

The 'Trunk Monkey' ...................... I have absolutely no idea what it is or what it might look like(I'm assuming it isn't a live monkey that you keep in the trunk?) :huh: 

It was an advertising gimmick made by a Los Angeles car dealership... No real monkeys (or chimps) were actually sold with cars...

• Like 3

I think it's all an attempt to be edgy or trying to use viral marketing.  The advertisers want it to be talked about on social media.  No such thing as bad publicity.