Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1
thedutchiedutch

SNL wonders.......

44 posts in this topic

If you were a child in the ‘90s, it is hard not to remember the kid’s game show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Saturday Night Live revived the show this week but rather than look for a crony of Sandiego, the contestants instead sought the whereabouts of KellyAnne Conway, the aide to U.S. President Donald Trump who was front and centre a few weeks ago but has completely disappeared from the spotlight of late

Watch the video here : http://globalnews.ca/news/3432564/where-in-the-world-is-kellyanne-conway/

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heard her on the news this morning.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

Heard her on the news this morning.

I saw her last night all of a sudden on TV :) after a long time of being absent. Thanks SNL for helping to bring her back :)

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's more like "Saturday Night Dead" at this point. That show is full of political propaganda in the guise of hip humor, and there's absolutely nothing daring or edgy to that Democratic establishment program. I miss the era of "Wayne's World" when the show was enjoyable. It's just a bunch of cheap shots, followed by low blows, now.

6 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It's more like "Saturday Night Dead" at this point. That show is full of political propaganda in the guise of hip humor, and there's absolutely nothing daring or edgy to that Democratic establishment program. I miss the era of "Wayne's World" when the show was enjoyable. It's just a bunch of cheap shots, followed by low blows, now.

I was under the impression that President Trump is making SNL ratings great again :)

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I was under the impression that President Trump is making SNL ratings great again :)

Who knows; he isn't getting anything done, though and there seems little prospect of anything in the future -- except get us embroiled with a couple allies.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It's more like "Saturday Night Dead" at this point.

Oh come on now why would any comedian pick on the Democrats or any other political party in the world when the Republicans are comedy gold. As for Kerry Anne good to see she's ok. Maybe she had to renegotiate her contract for the next 100 days, you know she's a lead character and should get more. Sure hope they didn't send her to etiquette school, that might take a bit away from comedy I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Who knows; he isn't getting anything done, though and there seems little prospect of anything in the future -- except get us embroiled with a couple allies.

Us? I thought you weren't  American.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do that from time to time since I spent more than twenty years of my life in the States and even took out citizenship papers, although I never finished the process.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

It's more like "Saturday Night Dead" at this point. That show is full of political propaganda in the guise of hip humor, and there's absolutely nothing daring or edgy to that Democratic establishment program. I miss the era of "Wayne's World" when the show was enjoyable. It's just a bunch of cheap shots, followed by low blows, now.

You missed the golden years, in the 70s and early 80s... but even then, it wasn't all that great.

90 minutes of boring stuff punctuated by absolute hilarity about 5% of the time...  by people that were "not ready for prime-time", but at least they were honest about it.

I guess Tevo makes it more watchable today, but I still won't bother. 

Not unless they can get Taylor Momsen to play. :D

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Who knows; he isn't getting anything done, though and there seems little prospect of anything in the future -- except get us embroiled with a couple allies.

As a Libertarian I am all for the federal government doing little or nothing.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I was under the impression that President Trump is making SNL ratings great again :)

He improved the ratings of varied late-night talk shows, especially Colbert's program. I'm not sure about that "great" part, though.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, NorthenerON said:

Oh come on now why would any comedian pick on the Democrats or any other political party in the world when the Republicans are comedy gold. As for Kerry Anne good to see she's ok. Maybe she had to renegotiate her contract for the next 100 days, you know she's a lead character and should get more. Sure hope they didn't send her to etiquette school, that might take a bit away from comedy I think.

The Democratic Party has more clowns than a circus. Maxine and Nancy make Bozo look like George Will by comparison. People laugh at Chuck Schumer more than his niece, Amy. The Democrats are comedy *platinum*!

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

You missed the golden years, in the 70s and early 80s... but even then, it wasn't all that great.

90 minutes of boring stuff punctuated by absolute hilarity about 5% of the time...  by people that were "not ready for prime-time", but at least they were honest about it.

I guess Tevo makes it more watchable today, but I still won't bother. 

Not unless they can get Taylor Momsen to play. :D

I saw bits and pieces from the first two decades. The first season is often overrated by Boomers who miss their youth. I understand that my opinion is seen as heresy by some folks. That aside, the first decade's cast made the best movies.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Us? I thought you weren't  American.

I thought that it was a reference to North Korea. I thought that he meant that his country would get closer to China and Japan if tensions rise even more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2017 at 3:53 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

It's more like "Saturday Night Dead" at this point. That show is full of political propaganda in the guise of hip humor, and there's absolutely nothing daring or edgy to that Democratic establishment program. I miss the era of "Wayne's World" when the show was enjoyable. It's just a bunch of cheap shots, followed by low blows, now.

Breakdown..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2017 at 3:53 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

It's more like "Saturday Night Dead" at this point. That show is full of political propaganda in the guise of hip humor, and there's absolutely nothing daring or edgy to that Democratic establishment program. I miss the era of "Wayne's World" when the show was enjoyable. It's just a bunch of cheap shots, followed by low blows, now.

Which makes it different from everything else on Late Night in what way, exactly? 

 

:rofl:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

The Democratic Party has more clowns than a circus. Maxine and Nancy make Bozo look like George Will by comparison. People laugh at Chuck Schumer more than his niece, Amy. The Democrats are comedy *platinum*!

Oh come on now Trump, Spencer, and Conway. They make the Three Stooges look like a political party, only thing we're missing is the slap stick and I'm for sure that is coming soon.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NorthenerON said:

Oh come on now Trump, Spencer, and Conway. They make the Three Stooges look like a political party, only thing we're missing is the slap stick and I'm for sure that is coming soon.

Ah, good political insults.  I guess Paranormal Panther started it -- insults without any basis -- so I will remind him if I ever notice him complaining about such things.

Frankly, I don't laugh at Trump and company -- they scare me too much.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I saw bits and pieces from the first two decades. The first season is often overrated by Boomers who miss their youth. I understand that my opinion is seen as heresy by some folks. That aside, the first decade's cast made the best movies.

 I was young when SNL started and even then I thought you had to be on some extremely good drugs to really enjoy it. The bands were terrible and they even admitted it years later and apologized.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

 I was young when SNL started and even then I thought you had to be on some extremely good drugs to really enjoy it. The bands were terrible and they even admitted it years later and apologized.

'Terrible' for 40 years and never cancelled?

Edited by Likely Guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Likely Guy said:

'Terrible' for 40 years and never cancelled?

There are a lot of people on drugs? :lol:

I don't like the comedian Gallagher either. It was funny the first couple of times but it got old. I said the bands were terrible. SNL did acknowledge the bands, in fact, were terrible and they apologized. They unsuccessfully tried to promote unknown artists and failed. Depending on the era, SNL was always hit or miss. A lot of misses.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Michelle said:

There are a lot of people on drugs? :lol:

I don't like the comedian Gallagher either. It was funny the first couple of times but it got old. I said the bands were terrible. SNL did acknowledge the bands, in fact, were terrible and they apologized. They unsuccessfully tried to promote unknown artists and failed. Depending on the era, SNL was always hit or miss. A lot of misses.

Haven't watched it in years, but the original troupe was appropriately called The Not ready For Primetime Players. Show was a cross between Mad Magazine and The National Lampoon. It's a formula that's takes very special actors and writers to bring across to the audience successfully. 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Michelle said:

There are a lot of people on drugs? :lol:

I don't like the comedian Gallagher either. It was funny the first couple of times but it got old. I said the bands were terrible. SNL did acknowledge the bands, in fact, were terrible and they apologized. They unsuccessfully tried to promote unknown artists and failed. Depending on the era, SNL was always hit or miss. A lot of misses.

Yes, some of the bands were terrible, or at least sounded terrible on a live TV broadcast through the average  4" mono speaker.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Haven't watched it in years, but the original troupe was appropriately called The Not ready For Primetime Players. Show was a cross between Mad Magazine and The National Lampoon. It's a formula that's takes very special actors and writers to bring across to the audience successfully. 

Sketch comedy is the hardest to pull off, without a doubt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 1

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.