Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SNL wonders.......

thedutchiedutch

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

There are a lot of people on drugs? :lol:...

That was a givin', right? :rolleyes:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Goodf3llow said:

Breakdown..

That went over my head. Are you talking about a breakdown in American culture?

20 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Which makes it different from everything else on Late Night in what way, exactly? 

:rofl:

It's not much different than most of the mean spirited fare. Even nice guy, Fallon, has to take it down a notch to compete with Colbert.

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎11 at 6:14 PM, Paranormal Panther said:

He improved the ratings of varied late-night talk shows, especially Colbert's program. I'm not sure about that "great" part, though.

President Trump ! Making American late night talk shows great again. I like it. Sounds somewhat familiar just cant put my finger on it :D  

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NorthenerON said:

Oh come on now Trump, Spencer, and Conway. They make the Three Stooges look like a political party, only thing we're missing is the slap stick and I'm for sure that is coming soon.

I have no idea who Spencer is. He must be the Joe Besser of the Trump stooges.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Michelle said:

I was young when SNL started and even then I thought you had to be on some extremely good drugs to really enjoy it. The bands were terrible and they even admitted it years later and apologized.

Thanks for posting that. I thought that I was the only one, over 30, who felt that way. I'm more of a fan of "Wayne's World" than of the cheeseburger guy or the samurai guy. I like the Blues Brothers, though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

That went over my head. Are you talking about a breakdown in American culture?

Yes, as in you "broke it down"...your comment was dead on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, thedutchiedutch said:

President Trump ! Making American late night talk shows great again. I like it. Sounds somewhat familiar just cant put my finger on it :D  

There's not much great about most of them, but they *should* thank him for helping their ratings. They had a dry spell when they were too afraid to tell jokes about Saint Barack.

49 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I have no idea who Spencer is. He must be the Joe Besser of the Trump stooges.

Spicer and I think he would be more like a Moe. Also I blame my spelling on beer so sorry.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

There's not much great about most of them, but they *should* thank him for helping their ratings. They had a dry spell when they were too afraid to tell jokes about Saint Barack.

Maybe it's all about respect Panther. And respect is something you earn :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

They had some extremely funny skits about Obama and Hillary's "debates". They were, however, deleted from the archives after his election due to "copyright infringements" for the first time in the history of the show that I'm aware of. About the same time Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, NorthenerON said:

Spicer and I think he would be more like a Moe. Also I blame my spelling on beer so sorry.

I knew who you meant. I just *had* to joke about it. I blame many things on beer. Spelling and grammar are the least of them.

• Like 1

Kinda like how that Scientology leader's wife suddenly disappeared. Maybe we will find them together in "the hole" for stepping outta line.

23 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

I'm not sure how much Obama and Trump earned. However, the position of president should be respected. Too many celebrities don't respect it, and it's worse when they insult Trump's younger children. I would say the same thing if Obama still was president.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Michelle said:

Obama got the Nobel Peace Prize. :rolleyes: 

He also just got a Profiles In Courage Award. Next, he'll get an Academy Award for Best Actor.

10 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

Kinda like how that Scientology leader's wife suddenly disappeared. Maybe we will find them together in "the hole" for stepping outta line.

I have little to no idea what that means. Are you sure that you have the right thread?

3 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

I have little to no idea what that means. Are you sure that you have the right thread?

I do. It's just my odd sense of dark humor you're not getting.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2017 at 7:25 PM, thedutchiedutch said:

If you were a child in the ‘90s, it is hard not to remember the kid’s game show Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Saturday Night Live revived the show this week but rather than look for a crony of Sandiego, the contestants instead sought the whereabouts of KellyAnne Conway, the aide to U.S. President Donald Trump who was front and centre a few weeks ago but has completely disappeared from the spotlight of late

Watch the video here : http://globalnews.ca/news/3432564/where-in-the-world-is-kellyanne-conway/

I think that the alt left are trying to make things that are bad and  wrong appear as funny  and acceptable behavior, and that's not good. I suppose that the administration you love to hate is due to a matter of concern in an awareness of what is   right or wrong or what is  good or bad.

Edited by Ellapennella