Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump fires FBI Director Comey

thedutchiedutch

President Donald Trump has fired FBI Director James Comey, according to a statement from White House spokesman Sean Spicer.

In a Tuesday statement, the press secretary said the president "terminated and removed" Comey from office "based on the clear recommendations of both Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein and Attorney General Jeff Sessions."

Link to source and full article  http://www.cnbc.com/2017/05/09/trump-fires-fbi-director-comey.html

• Like 3

Not sure I trust the source, however Comey is shifty and I wouldn`t trust him.

From the article:

In Trump's letter to Comey, the president said "It is essential that we find new leadership for the FBI that restores public trust and confidence in its vital law enforcement mission."

In toast`s letter to Trump, the president of the Galaxy said:"It is essential that we find new leadership for the US that restores global trust and confidence in the country itself and its leader/s as well."

Edited by toast
  • Like 4

Investigator whom is investigating the white house get's fired by ....wait for it....... the white house :lol:

• Like 9

Comey flip floped way to much

• Like 1

"Jim, I'm going to give you some more time to spend with your family and to work on your memoirs."

• Like 1

I don't envy Comey the choices he had in front of him, and he probably would have benefited from being slightly less scrupulous than he was when he announced the investigation into the emails.  Regardless, at this point, not the Democrats, not the Republicans, no one will want anything to do with him.  Unless he's got pictures in his pocket of Trump and Putin in bed together (literally), he's going to be pretty much out of the picture entirely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Silver Thong said:

Comey flip floped way to much

Then you must really dislike trump

• Like 5

Trump is a dick. He encouraged Comey to investigate something he didn't want to and then Comley obviously found something that scared Trump... so they fired him. 

• Like 4

POTUS  letter to Comey:

While I greatly appreciate you informing me, on three separate occasions, that I am not under investigation, I nevertheless concur the judgment of the Department of Justice that you are not able to effectively lead the Bureau.

Text of letter

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Trump is a dick. He encouraged Comey to investigate something he didn't want to and then Comley obviously found something that scared Trump... so they fired him. 

What about Comey's handling of Hillary's investigation? Trump had no influence at that time and Comey bent right over the barrel.

What did he say again? Something about anyone else in her shoes would have been fully charged under the same circumstances?

Edit to add--

He sucked at his job. Let's get a real director in there.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

He sucked at his job. Let's get a real director (dictator) in there.

Fixed that for you.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Investigator whom is investigating the white house get's fired by ....wait for it....... the white house :lol:

Quite.... uh, no.  The statement written by the president made it clear that while he appreciated the THREE occasions where Comey told him he was NOT being investigated, he had determined that Comey just couldn't execute his duties effectively any longer.  It will be hilarious to see the Progs twisting this against Trump when they have also been calling for Comey's scalp.  Just watch them spin, baby.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Fixed that for you.

I knew someone would go for that low hanging fruit. What can ya do - he was a director lol

Can anyone question that Trump is a crook now?  I see the normal list of people so worshiping the man they can't see beyond reality.  This has Nixon and the Nixon firings written all over it, and if the Republican majorities fail to act now they will share guilt.  

• Like 1

Calls for Comey's head have ping ponged back and forth from all sides and parties over the last year so condemning this decision would be hypocritical by nearly everyone here, in the media or in Washington. He may have made bad calls with good intent or vica versa for all I know. What has been obvious for a long time he's been between a rock and a hard place and has been a public image nightmare for the FBI. He seems like a decent guy who was dealt a terrible hand.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 2

Glad Trump did fire him.  Comey  never did peruse Hillary  in her crime,that every one else didn't  get away with,:rolleyes: just quoting her as just being  careless  

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Then you must really dislike trump

I have to say You guys south of the 49th really had no good choices, Clinton or Trump. I don`t like either of them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

What did Comey find that scares Trump

• Like 2

Since Comey has nothing to lose now I'm sure we'll find out if he has a smoking gun or not. Or maybe this wasn't a huge surprise to him. He must've felt for a long time now that he's been on thin ice. Or heck, maybe he's relieved. Seems old and successful enough to have put away enough for a good retirement.

• Like 2

Sad there no evidence of Trump being in cahoots with the Russians., except Trump` comment of Putin  being a stronger  leader then Obama, as probably is why Putin supported Trump, but the democratic party  investigation  will  go on with or out with  Comey  

Edited by docyabut2

9 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Since Comey has nothing to lose now I'm sure we'll find out if he has a smoking gun or not. Or maybe this wasn't a huge surprise to him. He must've felt for a long time now that he's been on thin ice. Or heck, maybe he's relieved. Seems old and successful enough to have put away enough for a good retirement.

I bet he`s glad about this. He looked rather beat down the last few times I saw him in front of congress.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I bet he`s glad about this. He looked rather beat down the last few times I saw him in front of congress.

Last I heard, most of his co-workers and even his wife had stopped talking to him, and that was lat Fall!