Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump fires FBI Director Comey

thedutchiedutch

5 minutes ago, F3SS said:

Bullets are chemical weapons :lol:

Well they can be

16 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

Keating, I`v heard that name. I will check him out forsure. Gowdy is great in public (congress) and rolls his sleaves up when needed. I wish more people paid attention as Gowdy made me like watching US politics. Of course I don`t have a dog in the race but I do have the internet lol

Lieberan, I like that  

I meant Joe Lieberman, sorry, bad typo.  He is an old far left democrat senator that has little to no prosecutorial experience.  His name keeps coming up here in the states but not sure if it is a ruse or for real, a terrible choice if Trump picks him.  

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

Well they can be

Depleted uranium rounds definitely aren't chemical weapons.  First off they don't meet the definition of chemical weapons in any conceivable way.  Second while they are slightly radioactive they aren't radioactive enough to be dangerous, newly made depleted uranium is about twice as radioactive as a banana but drop to radiation levels below bananas after a few weeks.  Lastly no study from a credible source has found them to pose any significant risk to the environment or people beyond what other rounds posses from potential heavy metal contamination.

Normally I would do a more detailed post but my phone battery is at about 10% and I don't feel like turning on my computer.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

I heard the jobs claim early on in the Trump presidency; and wondered how much credit he could legitimately take - when the US wad already the greatest manufacturing nation. 

No, manufacturing in the US is still in the dumps, but Trump has stopped jobs moving out and has created many at home. I`m not a Trump fan but we have to be honest. The US sold out years ago for cheap laybour. Now that I`m not sure how to fix unless we or you put in place Tarrifs. The you have to look at the cost of products going up. Wallmart would fall.

Hmmmm how did wallmart become so big. Oh child labour.

2 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

Depleted uranium rounds definitely aren't chemical weapons.  First off they don't meet the definition of chemical weapons in any conceivable way.  Second while they are slightly radioactive they aren't radioactive enough to be dangerous, newly made depleted uranium is about twice as radioactive as a banana but drop to radiation levels below bananas after a few weeks.  Lastly no study from a credible source has found them to pose any significant risk to the environment or people beyond what other rounds posses from potential heavy metal contamination.

Normally I would do a more detailed post but my phone battery is at about 10% and I don't feel like turning on my computer.

What do you call radiation. You say potato I say tomato. When you fire millions of rounds then  it`s not and say it`s not radioactive enough to be dangerous. These rounds are radioactive for a very long time causing birth defects and many other things. Chemists created them aka man made radiation.  So to say it`s not chemichal is untrue.

When I go to the gun range I usually take 3 hundred rounds. If I knew they had radioactive properties I would not have them in my home.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, DarkHunter said:

actually it is toxic and dangerous

http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/2791:depleted-uranium-weapon-use-persists-despite-deadly-side-effects

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/14321787/ns/us_news-military/t/armament-sickening-us-soldiers/#.WSOtj2jys2w

http://www.mintpressnews.com/depleted-uranium-iraq-wars-legacy-cancer/193338/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1569622/

you know at first xray machines in shoe stores seemed harmless as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

But that’s how you drain the swamp.

I seriously hope you are right on this point.  No matter on which side of the aisle you sit, to save America, most of these guys in both parties need to be defeated in the next elections.  The swamp is too deep, we need a fresh start.  I was not  a Hillary supporter and I am not a Trump believer, but he deserves some credit for his overseas trip.  He is doing pretty well so far.  Maybe he can take back some momentum.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

With the political climate we've all fallen into this century there will be no peace.  There will be no end to the "terrorist" attacks coming and going both ways.   All the partisan arguments in the world won't succeed at preventing even one.

We agree again.

Get ready and start training

1 hour ago, The Silver Thong said:

No, manufacturing in the US is still in the dumps, but Trump has stopped jobs moving out and has created many at home. I`m not a Trump fan but we have to be honest. The US sold out years ago for cheap laybour. Now that I`m not sure how to fix unless we or you put in place Tarrifs. The you have to look at the cost of products going up. Wallmart would fall.

Hmmmm how did wallmart become so big. Oh child labour.

Dumps?

The U.S. manufacturing sector doesn’t get any respect.

Ask a random sample of people on the street and you’re likely to hear that America doesn’t make anything anymore, that China, Mexico and Vietnam took all of our factories, and that the only jobs left in America are flipping burgers and cleaning hotel rooms.

The decline in manufacturing jobs certainly makes it seem as if America has been deindustrialized, but it’s not so. America still makes lots of stuff, but the number of jobs has shrunk because it doesn’t take nearly as many workers as it used to.\

Surprising Fact No. 1: Manufacturing is the largest and most dynamic sector of the U.S. economy.

Surprising Fact No. 2: Manufacturing output is a near a record high.

Surprising Fact No. 3: Refined oil is America’s top manufactured good.

Surprising Fact No. 4: America also exports a lot of gasoline.

Conclusion

American manufacturing isn’t dead by any means. But the loss of good-paying manufacturing jobs has devastated the working class, and made reaching the American dream more difficult. Technological advancements and the rise of low-skilled manufacturing in China and other developing nations mean that fewer Americans work in factories, just as technological advancements 100 years ago meant that fewer Americans worked on farms.

Most Americans now work in service-producing industries, where inequalities in opportunities, skills and incomes are more apparent. Recreating an economy that provides equitable growth won’t be easy, especially if we pine for the good old days when a third of us worked at the factory.

Those days are gone for good, even if U.S. factories still churn out lots of items that are Made in the USA.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/us-manufacturing-dead-output-has-doubled-in-three-decades-2016-03-28

The contemporary "Satanic Mills" are just a product improving the bottom line. 

Edited by Golden Duck
to add sauce
  • Like 2

I never said it was dead but anyone can see it`s not what it use to be. Detroit a write off Chicago highest murder capital New Yoek run buy crazy libs and lets not even mention Califronia. Could you post a link to your stats and what the hell is a satanic mill.

Edited by The Silver Thong

21 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

I never said it was dead but anyone can see it`s not what it use to be. Detroit a write off Chicago highest murder capital New Yoek run buy crazy libs and lets not even mention Califronia. Could you post a link to your stats ...

Sorry mate; I forgot to paste the link before I hit save.  It's there now.

2016 Global Manufacturing Competitiveness Index

• The United States is expected to take over the number one position from China by the end of the decade while Germany holds firm at number three: The US continues to improve its ranking from 4th in 2010 to 3rd in 2013 to 2nd in this year’s study. Moreover, executives expect the US to assume the top position before the end of the decade while Germany holds strong and steady at the number three position now through the end of the decade.

https://www2.deloitte.com/in/en/pages/manufacturing/articles/global-manufacturing-competitiveness-index.html

21 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

... what the hell is a satanic mill.

It's a poetic device I ripped-off from William Blake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

I must say I prefer Obamacare to the Republican alternative as I see it -- it is a bit too cruel on sick people and the parents of sick children.

Still, the point that it is costs that are the root of the problem is well made.  The problem is a combination of insurance, which transfers the costs and therefore reduces competition and lawyers and their malpractice and the American laws preventing any regulation on what drug companies charge and seriously restricts imports.  The thing is the problem would be greatly diminished were American costs not so outrageous.  (I recently saw an item ranking the us 35th in quality of care but double then next most expensive country in terms of costs).

In Cambodia insurance is almost unheard of, the government buys drugs in bulk from the lowest bidder that meets quality rules (mostly in India and Malaysia) although pharmacists are allowed to strike their own deals with similar companies, and malpractice suits are unheard of.  Now obviously that would not fit the American situation, and is itself rather cruel sometimes (if you can't afford it, you die -- although the reality is that charities and families and the doctors themselves do a lot of free work, so the only time this rule really applies is if death is imminent anyway -- a hard decision to make but better perhaps than the American tendency to keep suffering patients alive a week or so longer at huge cost.

(I was at the ophthalmologists office about my cataract and he told me if I could't afford the surgery he would do it free.  I thanked him but I was not poor -- the cost would only be twenty dollars anyway -- can you imagine such in the States?).

But Trump's alternative sounds pretty good, don't you think?

Trump also spelled out some of his philosophy with King. He said that, even though he's a Republican, he's pretty "liberal" on social issues, notably health care. He said he believes, in fact, in "universal health care" and agreed that it was an "entitlement from birth."

"I'm quite liberal, and getting much more liberal, on health care and other things. I really say, what's the purpose of a country if you're not going to have defense and health care. If you can't take care of your sick in the country, forget it. It's all over. I mean, it's no good. So I'm very liberal when it comes to health care. I believe in universal health care. I believe in whatever it takes to make people well and better."

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/20/510680463/donald-trumps-been-saying-the-same-thing-for-30-years

"Whatever it takes" to provide "an entitlement from birth".  When it comes to healthcare Trumps appears (purports) to think there are other measures of greater value than the bottom line.

3 hours ago, F3SS said:

Bullets are chemical weapons :lol:

The chemical is Pb.  Very poisonous at high velocities.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

Sorry mate; I forgot to paste the link before I hit save.  It's there now.

https://www2.deloitte.com/in/en/pages/manufacturing/articles/global-manufacturing-competitiveness-index.html

It's a poetic device I ripped-off from William Blake.

From the poem JERUSALEM.  Emerson, Lake, and Palmer set it to music - it's awesome.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

I wasn't planning on getting involved since this seems rather boring and a waste of time and energy but suggesting you somehow won is complexing,  I proved every single one of your points wrong with well documented sources.  Just cause you either refuse to accept evidence or are incapable of understanding what I posted doesn't mean you won.

I didn't win anything and neither did you.   Only a complete loser would care about whether they win something as an anonymous person on an internet message board. 

You didn't prove jack squat.    In your wild imagination did you "prove" anything.   All you did was desperately float a claim that water stops a sarin gas attack.  Well as we learned the hard way, it doesn't.  It's useless to spray water on a body that's inhaled gas.   That you're still clinging to this moronic unscientific BS shows your "chemical knowledge" and your "chemistry experience" is all in your head.

Submerge sarin in water for a hundred hours and you'll neutralize the molecules like you said.   If you can't even read your own chart, what does that say?   I can only conclude one thing.  You're more stubborn and full of yourself than you are capable of having a debate with a stranger.   Are you one of Ravenhawk's other logins btw?

5 hours ago, DarkHunter said:

"No study from a credible source".   That's verbiage to not listen to another word you say.  

"Not radioactive enough to be dangerous"?    Is that from your General Chemistry textbook again?   I have to ask, because you were lying about your textbooks as if they rubbed two words together in a paragraph about sarin gas attacks.

In December 2010, 148 states supported a United Nations' General Assembly resolution calling for the states that use depleted uranium weapons in conflict to reveal where the weapons have been fired when asked to do so by the country upon whose territory they have been used.

In April 2011, the Congress of Costa Rica passed a law prohibiting uranium weapons in its territories, becoming the second country in the world to do so.[60] In November 2010 the Irish Senate passed a bill seeking to outlaw depleted uranium weapons,[61] but it lapsed before approval by the Dáil.[62]

In December 2012, 155 states supported a United Nations' General Assembly resolution that recalled that, because of the ongoing uncertainties over the long-term environmental impacts of depleted uranium identified by the United Nations Environment Programme, states should adopt a precautionary approach to its use.[63]

In December 2014, 150 states supported a United Nations' General Assembly resolution encouraging states to provide assistance to states affected by the use of depleted uranium weapons, in particular in identifying and managing contaminated sites and material.[64] In contrast to the previous biennial resolutions, Germany moved to an abstention from supporting to the resolutions.[65] Prior to the vote, in a report to the United Nations Secretary General requested by 2012's resolution published in June 2014, Iraq had called for a global treaty ban on depleted uranium weapons.[66]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium#Chemical_toxicity

That's a lot of uncertainty in the world.  They must not have taken Chemistry 1101 and 1102 like you did.   Oh I know...half the world is wrong and you and your freshman Chemistry books that provide zero knowledge about sarin gas -and now depleted uranium- know everything.  

5 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I seriously hope you are right on this point.  No matter on which side of the aisle you sit, to save America, most of these guys in both parties need to be defeated in the next elections.  The swamp is too deep, we need a fresh start.  I was not  a Hillary supporter and I am not a Trump believer, but he deserves some credit for his overseas trip.  He is doing pretty well so far.  Maybe he can take back some momentum.

You, me and every single person on the face of this planet knows the media will not let Trump take any good momentum home. Anything that is good will be buried deep long before the plane touches down in DC. The MSM will make damn sure of that.

I have not looked at any news yet this morning, but I'm sure the tragedy over in the UK will be pinned on Trump.  Somehow. 

Edited by Why not
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Why not said:

You, me and every single person on the face of this planet knows the media will not let Trump take any good momentum home. Anything that is good will be buried deep long before the plane touches down in DC. The MSM will make damn sure of that.

I have not looked at any news yet this morning, but I'm sure the tragedy over in the UK will be pinned on Trump.  Somehow. 

That the media is generally hostile to Trump is obvious and predictable, considering the insults and slurs he has sent their way.  It also lines up with the press's duty to always be skeptical and critical when appropriate.

6 hours ago, Merc14 said:

Nope, you are now officially off ignore forever.  :tu:  

Come get some, kool aid!  

Follow every thread I start.  In fact I'll start bumping old threads and consider this my personal invitation to dump your fool self right into the middle of them.

3 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

The chemical is Pb.  Very poisonous at high velocities.

You mean Saddam Hussein's "weapons of mass destruction", from the neocon annals circa 2003-2007

Thank Neocon wartard God another half a million Iraqis died so we could save the world from Saddam's paint thinner and pepper spray.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yamato said:

Come get some, kool aid!  

Follow every thread I start.  In fact I'll start bumping old threads and consider this my personal invitation to dump your fool self right into the middle of them.

Copy all yammie, I'll be your buddy in every post making sure to point out any and all BS you post.

3 hours ago, Yamato said:

"No study from a credible source".   That's verbiage to not listen to another word you say.  

"Not radioactive enough to be dangerous"?    Is that from your General Chemistry textbook again?   I have to ask, because you were lying about your textbooks as if they rubbed two words together in a paragraph about sarin gas attacks.

In December 2010, 148 states supported a United Nations' General Assembly resolution calling for the states that use depleted uranium weapons in conflict to reveal where the weapons have been fired when asked to do so by the country upon whose territory they have been used.

In April 2011, the Congress of Costa Rica passed a law prohibiting uranium weapons in its territories, becoming the second country in the world to do so.[60] In November 2010 the Irish Senate passed a bill seeking to outlaw depleted uranium weapons,[61] but it lapsed before approval by the Dáil.[62]

In December 2012, 155 states supported a United Nations' General Assembly resolution that recalled that, because of the ongoing uncertainties over the long-term environmental impacts of depleted uranium identified by the United Nations Environment Programme, states should adopt a precautionary approach to its use.[63]

In December 2014, 150 states supported a United Nations' General Assembly resolution encouraging states to provide assistance to states affected by the use of depleted uranium weapons, in particular in identifying and managing contaminated sites and material.[64] In contrast to the previous biennial resolutions, Germany moved to an abstention from supporting to the resolutions.[65] Prior to the vote, in a report to the United Nations Secretary General requested by 2012's resolution published in June 2014, Iraq had called for a global treaty ban on depleted uranium weapons.[66]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Depleted_uranium#Chemical_toxicity

That's a lot of uncertainty in the world.  They must not have taken Chemistry 1101 and 1102 like you did.   Oh I know...half the world is wrong and you and your freshman Chemistry books that provide zero knowledge about sarin gas -and now depleted uranium- know everything.  

Why are you embarrassing yourself yammie?  DH is making you look a fool boy.  Dumber by the minute but great fun to watch you humiliate yourself.

4 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

That the media is generally hostile to Trump is obvious and predictable, considering the insults and slurs he has sent their way.  It also lines up with the press's duty to always be skeptical and critical when appropriate.

I agree Frank, I think that the media is doing what they should be doing and calling out Trumps lies and holding him under a microscope.

Now it has emerged that Trump asked the DNI and NSA heads to deny any evidence of Russian collusion:

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-asked-top-intelligence-officials-to-deny-russia-ties-fbi-comey-flynn-2017-5

We are getting closer and closer to an obstruction of justice charge! This guy must be the dumbest president in American history.

3 hours ago, Einsteinium said:

We are getting closer and closer to an obstruction of justice charge! This guy must be the dumbest president in American history.

This witch hunt is not going anywhere. The Democrat Media cannot create laws to wipe out the opposition political party.

They feel all powerful by how much they manipulate but they are not.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bella-Angelique said:

This witch hunt is not going anywhere.

This is not a witch hunt, this is a legitimate and important investigation into the Trump campaign and whether or not they broke the law, and it looks increasingly like Trump has broken the law by obstructing justice. If he did obstruct justice, then he should be impeached.

Nobody in the intelligence community is calling this a witch hunt. They all seem to be in high agreement that this is an important investigation and that we need to get to the bottom of it. 

Those who blindly support Trump and think there is some vast conspiracy to remove him from office are just part of the many problems we have in this country right now and you are not helping to fix things, you are making things worse by spreading this division and these unfounded conspiracy theories to anyone who will listen (an audience dwindling smaller and smaller by the day)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

This is not a witch hunt

Obviously it is. There was no obstruction of justice.

It is an investigation searching for a crime because the Media and Democratic party wants it. That is exactly what a witch hunt is. No victims, no evidence, no witnesses but still an investigation in hope of trying to make enough press and innuendo to accomplish damage to the opposition.

I do not blindly support Trump also.

Edited by Bella-Angelique
  • Like 3