Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Driver credits amulet with miraculous escape

Still Waters

A driver credited his amulet with saving his life in a horror smash that completely destroyed his Fortuner. But there was much more to the story than the usual claim about a magical amulet saving a life.

Police and observers of the aftermath of the Fortuner's collision with the back of a parked 18 wheel truck and large tree in Thung Song were astounded that anyone could survive, reported Thai Rath.

In fact with no body at the scene they started a search believing the driver was in pieces in the undergrowth somewhere. But he was later found 200 meters away - telling relatives who found him that he was sorry that he was dead.

He did not even have a scratch on his body.

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/982089-drivers-out-of-body-experience-as-he-credits-amulet-with-miraculous-escape/

• Like 3

One of the things that people struggle with has to do with the reality that big numbers put into our lives. People have a basic need to understand everything and so try to find a way to make sense of things that seemingly are impossible.

The reality is that if something is say one in a million we act like that means it is impossible but in a world with over 5 billion people nearly anything is certain to happen. There was a guy that was struck by lightning 7 times. A bunch of people have won lotterys more than once; there have even been people fall out of airplanes and survive falls of thousands and thousands of feet.

The human mind constantly tries to make order from caos and this is just another version of it, He survived and impossible situation and tried to make sense out of it. I actually had a friend have a sort of similar experience. He was riding a motorcycle just after a big rain. The rain had lightened up but was still sprinkling when a car pulled out in front of him and he hit it right on the gap between the front tire and the fender doing 70 mph.

The bike went in and under the car. Everyone that saw it knew he had to be dead. A half dozen cars all stopped and they were trying to see what might be left of him under the car. He came walking up a few minutes later, slightly disorientate but without a mark on his body, not even a bruise. Don said that he saw the car pull out and remembered hitting his brakes and just sliding. Then he said there was a sense of flying that seemed to last a long time. Then there was nothing until he sat up in a ditch full of water.

It was a 4 lane divided highway. The car was turning left in front on Don from a cross over. Evedently he jumped straight up, even though he doesn't remember doing that, and landed in the ditch full of water between the lanes. He was wearing a slicker suit and must have hit the water an just slid on to of it for about a hundred years before sliding up onto the wet grass on the edge.

LOL, he was determined that that slicker suit was what saved him. Who knows. The odds were impossibly large for him not to even have a bruise??? But evidently they were not.

No matter how high the odds understand that they also mean that if it happens enough time it is almost a certainty to come out that it will happen.

• Like 5

I credit antibiotics with curing a kidney infection. 

This guy obviously sacrificed exactly the right number of goats.

On 5/14/2017 at 4:11 PM, DanL said:

The reality is that if something is say one in a million we act like that means it is impossible

THANK YOU. It may sound silly but poker taught me this really well.

This is a huge problem in my life because my health is horrendous and docs live off statistics. I don't blame them for that because what else do you have? However when you're trying to shove pills down my throat - which you have never taken yourself - and tell me it's safe because of some particular study.... I get very angry. I'm 31 so not an old man, not a young kid, but I simply don't trust doctors anymore because of this kinda thing. The torture of some of the medications I've taken were worse than my afflictions. One particular drug would've surely landed me in jail (topamax). It gave me a temper and I would try and start fights with my own friends. I'm so not that type of person but that drug changed me. The fact that such drugs are given to kids is disgusting.