Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump to Sign Order Investigating Voter Fraud

Dark_Grey

Politico
NYT

Trump to sign executive order creating voter fraud commission

A White House official told the pool of reporters monitoring the president on Thursday that the executive order will be more forward-looking rather than "reviewing alleged voter fraud [and] suppression.”

“The Commission will review policies and practices that enhance or undermine the American people's confidence in the integrity of Federal elections -- including improper registrations, improper voting, fraudulent registrations, fraudulent voting, and voting suppression,” the official told the press pool.

As a candidate, Mr. Trump repeatedly raised doubts about the integrity of the American voting system. After winning the election, he told members of Congress that between 3 million and 5 million undocumented immigrants voted illegally for Hillary Clinton, costing him the popular vote.

New FBI director incoming, Voter Fraud Commission incoming...I can see sweat beading on the DNC already.

Expect MSM, late-night talk show hosts and tabloids to start ramping up the over the coming weeks. 2017 could prove to be another "year of revelations". Any predictions on what the new commission will find?

• Like 2

I figure the results will be similar to the results of the Drug Tests for Welfare Recipients program, honestly.  There are much easier ways to manipulate elections than getting individuals to commit voter fraud.  Gerrymandering for instance.

• Like 4

A White House official told the pool of reporters monitoring the president on Thursday that the executive order will be more forward-looking rather than "reviewing alleged voter fraud [and] suppression.”

That will immediately bring charges that there's 'no need' for anti-voter-fraud measures, that it's all voter suppression, racism, yada yada yada. A big mistake.

• Like 1

I'm glad this discussion is being brought back to the fore-front. The commission should help establish more reliable voting which will only benefit our system. This should carry down the line for future Presidents

• Like 3

another useless money wasting commission,  popular votes do not matter, only electors, and that commission can not do anything about.

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

another useless money wasting commission,  popular votes do not matter, only electors, and that commission can not do anything about.

Oh come on!

For once, somebody is trying to do something about this BETWEEN elections!

Everyone wails to the heavens about this when the election is in progress and nothing can actually be done about it, and then forgets about it until the next cycle is under way.

Sure, it might be BS and it might go nowhere, but THIS is the time to dig into it. And maybe, just maybe, people will shut up about this when it's done. I don't know about you, but I'd pay real money for that much.

• Like 2

it is a b.s. and it will not go anywhere,   liberals will not shut up as long as they are alive.  electors decide election, not people's votes. so either way you look at it, it is a failed enterprise, at least for what they say it is for.

Edited by aztek

1 hour ago, aztek said:

it is a b.s. and it will not go anywhere,   liberals will not shut up as long as they are alive.  electors decide election, not people's votes. so either way you look at it, it is a failed enterprise, at least for what they say it is for.

But the electors are given through the popular vote.

6 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

you actualy believe that, especially after this election???  it also happened before,  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_elections_in_which_the_winner_lost_the_popular_vote

also there is no law that requires electors to vote for the same person who got  popular vote, they should follow PV but they do not have to.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

And in 21 states they are not even legally required to vote the same as the state's population.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

And in 21 states they are not even legally required to vote the same as the state's population.

If it were up to me the electors would just be a number. Not an actual person that had to vote. They traditionally vote by the public will though

13 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

If it were up to me the electors would just be a number. Not an actual person that had to vote. They traditionally vote by the public will though

then is why we have electors in a first place, cuz welfare generations from CA and NY will outnumber all working people in any other state. 

but since politics are show, it really does not matter how, there will always be ways to rig. 

Edited by aztek

Sign an executive order to investigate something he read on Twitter and has had zero evidence from anyone.

seriously wtf

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Sign an executive order to investigate something he read on Twitter and has had zero evidence from anyone.

seriously wtf

I have no doubt voter fraud happens now and then, but not such that local officials couldn't deal with it.  This is just another Federal taking of local power -- Republicans do it too when it suits them.

The real source of fraud in American elections is not at the voting booth but when the votes are being counted.  Whole boxes of votes have from time to time either been "found" or have disappeared.  I have long noticed that whenever an election is close enough to demand a recount, the party in control of the vote counting almost always wins.  We saw that in Florida and in Ohio and in Illinois in recent elections (this is, by the way, one of the things wrong with the Electoral College -- it makes this sort of thing possible where with a national count it wouldn't be).

16 minutes ago, Thanato said:

seriously wtf

He's the new 'decider'.

• Like 1

I think truth is a very good thing, even as a pseudo sometimes liberal.  If there is voter fraud, it should be corrected.  If there is not, people should shut up about it.  It undermines the very basis of elective democracy if citizens cannot believe elections are honest.  Fix it or stop bringing it up as an excuse.  Yes, perhaps it is not the way elections are decided, but you have to start somewhere.  Trust is not a trivial commodity.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

He's the new 'decider'

Aren't you a couple of chief executives behind?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I think truth is a very good thing, even as a pseudo sometimes liberal.  If there is voter fraud, it should be corrected.  If there is not, people should shut up about it.  It undermines the very basis of elective democracy if citizens cannot believe elections are honest.  Fix it or stop bringing it up as an excuse.  Yes, perhaps it is not the way elections are decided, but you have to start somewhere.  Trust is not a trivial commodity.

When it's built on the basis of, "I won the election but I should have won it bigger." Is that his complaint?

That's damn pathetic. He is a sad, little man.

12 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Aren't you a couple of chief executives behind?

I said, the new decider.

Edited by Likely Guy

This thread makes me worry about democracy.

50 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

When it's built on the basis of, "I won the election but I should have won it bigger." Is that his complaint?

That's damn pathetic. He is a sad, little man.

No it`s about

Voter Fraud

That should always be a concern, no.

1 hour ago, The Silver Thong said:

Voter Fraud

That should always be a concern, no.

You are right.  It goes beyond Republican vs. Democrat or left vs. right  It is about the very basis of our agreement to be governed.  If citizens do not believe elections are fair and honest, it is the beginning of the end.  To me this is critical.  We should do everything in our power to make darn sure future elections, at least the vote counting portion is trustworthy.  Yes, I know President Trump has used it as an excuse for not winning the popular vote and it could backfire on him, but so be it.  We are too close to the edge not to establish truth.

• Like 1

I think we are on the edge. Im 44 yrs old and I have never seen this much crazy. It`s odd that most people don`t see it.  Even here in Canada Im disgusted at the election of Justin butt hurt.  At least you got someone that believes in vetting.

On 5/11/2017 at 9:03 PM, The Silver Thong said:

This thread makes me worry about democracy.

Me too.

Look at all these people trying to say "oh it's no big deal" out of one side of their mouths, and "Who cares? Corruption is cooler than freedom" out of the other.

Give up, give up! Evil is stronger, there is nothing you can do but surrender to us!

They may has well be reciting this one to each other -