Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What does this mean

DanL

Looking into the rough water

The things I see are like a sigh

The Dragon has eaten the fat man

The Bear growls but moves not

The large bird looks on but doesn't fly

Jackals run and hide as the lion awakens

The rats are cast from the Griffins nest

The Rooster becomes a raptor

Fires burn bright for a half turn

When they cool new growth is seen

What was is no more but still haunts

That which is is not what it seems

As the sun sets the winds change

The moon turns red and blood tears fall

Time looks back and we see our past

The river stops and then runs backwards

Those that had watched will be seen

After they are seen a quiet descends

Each will have to decide his fate

Those that ask shall not be answered.

• Like 1

it's a powerful motivation speech centered on self-governance & rising to the occasion coming from the point of view of someone who feels restrained in daily life. at least, that's what i'm getting from it.

• Like 1

On 2017-5-15 at 10:51 AM, DanL said:

Prophesy (even the opening words of looking into rough water indicate a difficult prophecy, using a form of scrying )

First china eats (economically or militarily ) america, while russia stays out of the conflict.

Second ongoing problems in africa  in the north where the arab spring continues to evolve, and new leaders and groups bring conflict and chaos. Trouble re-emerges in the southern African states, and again China is involved militarily and economically

Many new movements emerge, including radical environmentalism,  and the old oil driven economies transition, with some violence, into newer more sustainable ones.

Change occurs quite quickly  and not that smoothly, but the old passes and the new emerges  Things like global warming then become less relevant and new challenges emerge. For example UNDER population  and an aging population becomes the new global problem.    

There is a danger that the historical progression forwards of humanity might be reversed and conditions go back  for a time.  There will be omens and portents which people will argue about but in the end we will come through it and begin going forward again.

Humanity then approaches a critical transition point where several different possible paths  lead to different outcomes

We will need to look and learn from history while looking forward and planning effectively

Eventually life slows down and stabilises, as humanity becomes less materialistic and more wise  

The solution is in our own hands No use asking god or governments to help us. Only through individual decisions and actions can humanity achieve peace equality and calm.  EVERYONE has a part to play and a responsibility in this.  

Technology like a n advanced version of the web will help mass human movements transform the world, in everything from mass popular  political movements, to crowd funding of environmental  solutions and  developing the underdeveloped parts of the world to eliminate starvation and extreme poverty.. 

• Like 1

Thank you Mr. Walker. Over the years I have found that many special people can use seemingly random quatrains very much like the oil on water you mentioned in scrying. I have often thought that the prophecy in Nostradamus writings were not actually predictions so much as meant to be used as a sort of lens to focus a persons attention into certain directions. I hope others will share what these words bring to their minds. The human mind has many incredible abilities. My belief is that people don't foresee the future so much as remember it. There is a part of every person that exists outside of time and is existent at all times and all places simultaneously. Quatrains are like looking at clouds and we each will see different things based on our experiences. If that which is the greater of us experiences the world simultaneously rather than sequentially and we are but moments of focus perchance Your next or last point of attention will have something that this reminds you of. OR I'm a rambling idiot and running from the men with nets. Each may have an almost equal validity at times LOL. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DanL said:

Thank you Mr. Walker. Over the years I have found that many special people can use seemingly random quatrains very much like the oil on water you mentioned in scrying. I have often thought that the prophecy in Nostradamus writings were not actually predictions so much as meant to be used as a sort of lens to focus a persons attention into certain directions. I hope others will share what these words bring to their minds. The human mind has many incredible abilities. My belief is that people don't foresee the future so much as remember it. There is a part of every person that exists outside of time and is existent at all times and all places simultaneously. Quatrains are like looking at clouds and we each will see different things based on our experiences. If that which is the greater of us experiences the world simultaneously rather than sequentially and we are but moments of focus perchance Your next or last point of attention will have something that this reminds you of. OR I'm a rambling idiot and running from the men with nets. Each may have an almost equal validity at times LOL. 

Ahh!  Was this a part of nostradamus' writings? At first i thought it might have been but then  i assumed it was work of your own creation.or something you wanted deciphered.  i can certainly see some universal and well known modern images and symbols that can easily be applied to our current world condition.  The bear is almost always associated with russia but in modern times could also refer to the stock market. 

Edited by Mr Walker
  • Like 1

Over the years I have often created these. I consider them random thought generated quatrains. As you know though nothing man made can ever be truly random. I usually make them then will ignore them for a few days then reexamine them. I find that the best ones seem to change in what I see in them over time. 

At first the one about the Dragon eating the fat man seemed to indicate China taking care of the imbicil in North Korea but now I see it much more likely to be more as you indicated. I noted that the eaten is a past tence and indeed China has eaten us up economically. 

In the second I seem to see America being somewhat on the sidelines as other countries reemerge into the world seen as major players. I will say that I have been amazed at the way France especially has dealt with the current terrorist problems. I also wonder about Japan. They have a just huge manufacturing capability much like the US had at the start of WW2. If North Korea or China steps onm their tail they could get an unpleasant surprise. 

The rest is still just a bit of a mish mash to me at this time. 

This is a sort of game that I've played over the years and have found that a group of people can ofton come up with a lot of amazing thoughts if they are presented with things like this. They are finding similar interesting stuff based on what people are searching on the internet. Some of it SEEMS to show a certain preliminary interest in things BEFORE something big happens. 

There is no right or wrong answers to this game it is just about getting people thinking and seeing where it goes. As I revisit this I will add my thoughts to it. Please feel free to comment, laugh at me or offer your opinions about what this means to you.  

Edited by DanL
  • Like 2

On Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 8:21 PM, DanL said:

The tide changes between seeing the past as turbulent (rough water) and then seeing it as nothing but a mere sigh.

The next part is of internal reflection where past actions haunt us, the dragon is our serpentine nature to hurt others.

For others their beast nature, the bear, hinernates.

The large bird is the rooster who became the raptor, as it is in the end, so it as in the beginning.

As it was before, pristine and innocent so chickens had no predators, so shall it be again, for us all.

The pack mentality of jackals ends. The lion awakens who will set things right.

The rats never belonged in the giant bird nest either.

You are all the birds mentioned, you are also all the rats, or they have been a part of you. Your problems. They now will be cast away. As you prepare for flight once again.

After the forests burn it allows new growth.

We are also halfway through the cycle of our journey where we turn weakness into strengths. Problems into solutions.

Anger into joy.

We will notice it is different, lighter even if not better, but remember the past.

All that we see and have seen, and have said it was a certain way, was never that way, it was never that bad, it is not that bad.

We can now begin to edit the past. Change the timelines. Change the past.

All those who have witnessed will now be seen, the ones who did not know what they were seeing, will now know as they are seen in return, as if looking into the mirror for the first time.

The quiet that descends is peace and love.

Decide your fates and how you will affect others. For good or bad. 

The first three quatrians are happening. We cannot control or stop them.

When we notice we arrive at the fourth and cam decide.

By the fifth we have the power to change time. Remove past traumas.

The Advocate is here. You will join.

We can quit asking: why, why, why? Why did it happen? Why did it happen to me? Why did I let it happen? Why did I let myself...?

The Accuser asks those.

No more answers to those questions. They no longer are applicable as the situation has changed.

This is how it spoke to me from when I first read your prophecy DanL.

To one person he gives the ability to speak in strange tongues, and to another he gives the ability to explain what is said. But it is one and the same Spirit who does all this; as he wishes, he gives a different gift to each person.

May we all be helped. These prophecies are meant to be good things. Not to bring consternation or anxiety. We have already maxed out our quotas of those. Now the tide changes. We all have a gift. Find yours to help others. Love is the greatest gift of all.

Edited by I hide behind words

I dunno -- most of the prophesies I've read almost anywhere are full of gloom and doom. Of course that is for those who will be destroyed -- I guess it's good news for those to be spared and who don't give a damn about others.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

I dunno -- most of the prophesies I've read almost anywhere are full of gloom and doom. Of course that is for those who will be destroyed -- I guess it's good news for those to be spared and who don't give a damn about others.

The gloom and doom of most prophecies for me are of gloom and doom already happening.

Any WW3 scenarios full of nuclear weapons for me are of the spiritual damage already done to generations.

Bombed out cities on a spiritual level are already done and over with.

Doomsday and Creation all happen in the Now. It is the same day. Make of it what we will.

Less and less will people wait for the end. More and more people will start the begin.

Edited by I hide behind words

2 minutes ago, I hide behind words said:

The gloom and doom of most prophecies for me are of gloom and doom already happening.

Any WW3 scenarios full of nuclear weapons for me are of the spiritual damage already done to generations.

Bombed out cities on a spiritual level are already done and over with.

Doomsday and Creation all happen in the Now. It is the same day. Make of it what we will.

Less and less will people wait for the end. More and more people will start the begin.

I tend to think humanity, spiritually or psychologically -- a prefer the latter -- is pretty much unchanged through recorded history.  I read Socrates at his deepest and understand him (well, Plato putting words in Socrates' mouth).  I read old Sutras in Pali (heavy use of dictionary) as the Buddhist Scripture was written, and I understand it.  In other words, in spite of all the things that have happened to us, both good and bad, our ability to think and our moral standards remain unchanged.

All in all, I think things are getting better for the world.  To be sure, we are at present moving through a no-nothing kind of phase where prejudice and dictatorship and bad government are widespread, but scientific and medical and philosophical and moral progress continues.  I'm tempted to provide examples, but I'm long-winded enough.  A disaster could always happen, but I don't expect one.

• Like 2

I think any time we look into the future what we see is likely to be somewhat tainted by out fears. It is one of the nice things about getting old. One thing that has been true in my life is that the black clouds that I often feared and that I eventually had to deal with look different when I look back on them. There have been several periods of my life when everything just seemed to go to hell. Long periods of unemployment, lost a home, lay offs and other such things. What is odd is now when I look back I also see that along with each black cloud there was opportunities and that in the end we were better off. 

For those of you that are still young let me share a bit of wisdom with you. If you don't know where you are going don't be surprised when you don't get there!! An old man told me thins when I was in my 20s. He said for me and my wife to sit down as WRITE down where and what we wanted to be in our future if our every dream came true. He said to dream big. So we did. We laid out what would be the perfect world for us in our future. From that day forward any time we came to a fork in the road of life we would look at that paper and make our decisions based on what would best point us in that direction. 

We wanted to live in a smaller town. The big town we lived in was getting ugly and was developing a lot of racial tensions and crime. When basically every place that I had ever worked went out of business when the oil industry tanked in the 80s we had to leave so we moved to a smaller town that we liked. I worked a job that I didn't like for 5 years to put my wife through college because her dream was to have a skill that would make some decent money and have a future for her. She graduated, we moved and a few years later when her career took off she hepled me set up my own business and I never worked for anyo ne else except myself after that. 

We some times get that old warn paper out now and laugh. Who would have ever imagined that a couple of 20 year old kids could make every dream come true just by knowing where we were going and always making decommissions that took us in that direction.  The bad times led to big moves and big changes that we might otherwise not had the courage to make. It was as if fate just sort of rolled us along until we were where we were meant to be...right where we had dreamed of basically. 

When you look intio the future and think that you see only doom and gloom what you are probably seeing is opportunities and changes that make you feel fear. Nobody much like change and as long as what you have is working you probably won't give it up to move on. Most of what we thought were bad times was just fate giving us a nudge.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanL said:

I think any time we look into the future what we see is likely to be somewhat tainted by out fears. It is one of the nice things about getting old. One thing that has been true in my life is that the black clouds that I often feared and that I eventually had to deal with look different when I look back on them. There have been several periods of my life when everything just seemed to go to hell. Long periods of unemployment, lost a home, lay offs and other such things. What is odd is now when I look back I also see that along with each black cloud there was opportunities and that in the end we were better off. 

For those of you that are still young let me share a bit of wisdom with you. If you don't know where you are going don't be surprised when you don't get there!! An old man told me thins when I was in my 20s. He said for me and my wife to sit down as WRITE down where and what we wanted to be in our future if our every dream came true. He said to dream big. So we did. We laid out what would be the perfect world for us in our future. From that day forward any time we came to a fork in the road of life we would look at that paper and make our decisions based on what would best point us in that direction. 

We wanted to live in a smaller town. The big town we lived in was getting ugly and was developing a lot of racial tensions and crime. When basically every place that I had ever worked went out of business when the oil industry tanked in the 80s we had to leave so we moved to a smaller town that we liked. I worked a job that I didn't like for 5 years to put my wife through college because her dream was to have a skill that would make some decent money and have a future for her. She graduated, we moved and a few years later when her career took off she hepled me set up my own business and I never worked for anyo ne else except myself after that. 

We some times get that old warn paper out now and laugh. Who would have ever imagined that a couple of 20 year old kids could make every dream come true just by knowing where we were going and always making decommissions that took us in that direction.  The bad times led to big moves and big changes that we might otherwise not had the courage to make. It was as if fate just sort of rolled us along until we were where we were meant to be...right where we had dreamed of basically. 

When you look intio the future and think that you see only doom and gloom what you are probably seeing is opportunities and changes that make you feel fear. Nobody much like change and as long as what you have is working you probably won't give it up to move on. Most of what we thought were bad times was just fate giving us a nudge.  

Bloody good advice,  mate. :)