Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Leaks Highly Classified Intel to Russia

Thanato

21 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

What is being argued is did he divulge classified info or not and McMaster has, several times now, stated that NOTHING was divulged, that the WP article got it completely wrong and the only crime here is the leaking at high levels. 

Where did McMaster say that the information that was shared was not classified?  The statements I saw were all classically hedged 'fer chrissakes'; 'the story the came out tonight as reported is false', 'intelligence sources and methods were not discussed' (something I don't think the original article ever even claimed), 'did not discuss any military operations that were not already publicly known'.  

If no classified information was divulged, then McMaster's and Trump's recent statements and overall approach really make no sense.  McMaster is vouching that what was discussed was appropriate and Trump is emphasizing his power to do so.  Seems like the long, and wrong given the scrutiny the Trump-Russia topic has earned, way to take when they could both just say, 'no classified information was discussed'.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

Where did McMaster say that the information that was shared was not classified?  The statements I saw were all classically hedged 'fer chrissakes'; 'the story the came out tonight as reported is false', 'intelligence sources and methods were not discussed' (something I don't think the original article ever even claimed), 'did not discuss any military operations that were not already publicly known'.  

If no classified information was divulged, then McMaster's and Trump's recent statements and overall approach really make no sense.  McMaster is vouching that what was discussed was appropriate and Trump is emphasizing his power to do so.  Seems like the long, and wrong given the scrutiny the Trump-Russia topic has earned, way to take when they could both just say, 'no classified information was discussed'.

When asked if classified information was discussed, McMaster said "We don't say what's classified, and what's not classified".  Talk about the Washington Post all you want, but clearly they were on to something.  As to the point of the President being able to declassify anything...sure.  Trump didn't break the law by discussing classified information, but from the looks of it, our allies aren't too happy with it.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

When asked if classified information was discussed, McMaster said "We don't say what's classified, and what's not classified".  Talk about the Washington Post all you want, but clearly they were on to something.  As to the point of the President being able to declassify anything...sure.  Trump didn't break the law by discussing classified information, but from the looks of it, our allies aren't too happy with it.

Agreed although I hadn't heard of our allies complaining.  In all fairness to Trump, none of which he has earned, there are a lot of unknowns here.  We know only vaguely what was said, no one here at least is able to say that based on what he said that sources could be ascertained (which is what I thought the main issue with this was once we get beneath the caricatures and partisan histrionics), we don't know that this info isn't something that the Russians knew anyway, and there's even the remote possibility that Trump did have a clue for once and after deliberating on it decided to divulge this info to the Russians with good intentions despite the risk.  I guess I wouldn't be shocked if other presidents have done similar things, it's too bad one of our ex-prezs doesn't chime in if so and clear up that there's nothing unusual here.  I wouldn't expect or want Obama to, he likely has some self-respect, but there are a couple Bushes who may be able to clear up how common this is.

So apparently the WaPo has a full transcript of the meeting and Trump is back trying to find the "leakers". 

17 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Trump tells the Russian all about National Security methods while restricting people right to talk about abortions.  One has to wonder if the Russians have something on Trump -- it seems they don't need it if they do -- he just voluntarily tells them.

Wonder???

5 hours ago, OverSword said:

I wonder how the press became aware of this situation?  Who is leaking to the press what the President says to people in oval office meetings? 

DJT?

Just think about how active he is on social media. One wrong "send" and there you go.

3 hours ago, Liquid Gardens said:

First of all, the President is the ultimate authority on what is classified or not and what can be divulged, so no law was broken even if he did divulge.  Second of all, I can tell you did not go to the link because if you had you could've watched the same video from CNN that I did and you wouldn't be asking this stupid question.  Have nice day.:tu:

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So apparently the WaPo has a full transcript of the meeting and Trump is back trying to find the "leakers". 

And rightfully so, the person is breaking the law.  Trump needs to purge ALL Obama appointees and he is a dope for not doing it day one.  

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

So if Trump "unclassifies" known "facts" and tells them to someone who does not have the clearance, is it illegal for someone to tell someone else the "unclassified" "facts"?  

39 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

....  Trump needs to purge ALL Obama appointees and he is a dope for not doing it day one.  

Agreed, if anything wasn't too smart it was President Trump not doing this immediately. The mainstream media is literally owned by the progressive left and the Obama loyalists are going to tell them exactly what they want to hear. Trump needs to do a major purge ASAP if he wants to survive.

• Like 3

There are some people who won't rest until they get their "orange" scalp. Is anyone else getting sick of all this? 

Just make it go away, if it takes impeachment proceedings to get all the facts out, so be it.

Is no one concerned that he told the Russians highly classified information, and that only after it was told to the public that Trump has loose lips that they just said that "yea. well... he can declassify what ever he wants."

Is that not very concerning that Trump cant keep a secret that people in the intelligence community want to keep secret? That the people who got that Intel want to keep secret? Would you trust him if you were charged with briefing him on highly sensitive information that is not safe to tell anyone?

Trump doesn't have to keep stuff secret if he deems that de-classification will help us to form a united base with our allies. Remember, this was a location of an ISIS base (a city). Also, it turns out Israel (the source of the intel) isn't all bent out of shape and intends to continue to share intel.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Is no one concerned that he told the Russians highly classified information, and that only after it was told to the public that Trump has loose lips that they just said that "yea. well... he can declassify what ever he wants."

What exactly was disclosed?  You are obviously very upset that this info was divulged and therefore must have inside info so what secret did he let out?

• Like 2

Sheesh what a stupid argument -- like we would be told.  You need some help.

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

Trump doesn't have to keep stuff secret if he deems that de-classification will help us to form a united base with our allies. Remember, this was a location of an ISIS base (a city). Also, it turns out Israel (the source of the intel) isn't all bent out of shape and intends to continue to share intel.

There are times when you are told to disclose so as to move a project forward.  Secrets are commodities traded to gain advantages or force results but most of these hysterical snowflakes haven't a clue about history, war or real world politics.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

So if Trump "unclassifies" known "facts" and tells them to someone who does not have the clearance, is it illegal for someone to tell someone else the "unclassified" "facts"?  

Oh dear, another one who doesn't think things through -- or at least only thinks until he arrives at something he likes.  

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

There are times when you are told to disclose so as to move a project forward.  Secrets are commodities traded to gain advantages or force results but most of these hysterical snowflakes haven't a clue about history, war or real world politics.

So?  Not even the White House has claimed this one.  Whatever was disclosed probably put agent lives at risk, or at least top secret methods and abilities.  Trump was no doubt boasting after a few, and hasn't the brains to keep his mouth shut.  He is going to be a really scary President -- in fact of course he is already, as Kissinger said, a disaster.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Sheesh what a stupid argument -- like we would be told.  You need some help.

Really?  Then why say it happened if you haven't a clue what you are talking about Frank.  BTW, you still haven't answered my question Frank, why?  Are you a liar Frank?  Shall I report you Frank for posting inaccurate/false information or will you apologize for saying Trump broke the 1st amendment.

7 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

So?  Not even the White House has claimed this one.  Whatever was disclosed probably put agent lives at risk, or at least top secret methods and abilities.  Trump was no doubt boasting after a few, and hasn't the brains to keep his mouth shut.  He is going to be a really scary President -- in fact of course he is already, as Kissinger said, a disaster.

Really?  Put agents lives at risk?  I ask again, what do you know that you can claim this Frank?  Show your proof or apologize for making things up liar.  Prove me wrong Frank and I will apologize post-haste.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

Really?  Then why say it happened if you haven't a clue what you are talking about Frank.  BTW, you still haven't answered my question Frank, why?  Are you a liar Frank?  Shall I report you Frank for posting inaccurate/false information or will you apologize for saying Trump broke the 1st amendment.

Really?  Put agents lives at risk?  I ask again, what do you know that you can claim this Frank?  Show your proof or apologize for making things up liar.

How do you know otherwise?  Something bad for sure.  I just can't see why people can't see through this man.  It is of course ideological or even religious.

16 minutes ago, Merc14 said:

What exactly was disclosed?  You are obviously very upset that this info was divulged and therefore must have inside info so what secret did he let out?

I am not privy to the information that was divulged other then it was highly classified information. I do not like people who can not handle information appropriately and correctly. Yes he can declassify information, but should he? Whats stopping him from declassifying things that should not be declassified. Whats stopping him from sharing information that is closely guarded information that can not get out?

1 minute ago, Frank Merton said:

How do you know otherwise?  Something bad for sure.  I just can't see why people can't see through this man.  It is of course ideological or even religious.

I made no claims Frank, I merely stated the law and what McMaster said.  You are the one who made accusations without a single piece of evidence.  You also failed to back up your claims about Trump subverting talk regarding abortion, I called you on that one, and nothing from you Frank.  Time to man up Frank and admit you lied and are sorry for making false claims when you haven't a clue what is going on.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Thanato said:

I am not privy to the information that was divulged other then it was highly classified information. I do not like people who can not handle information appropriately and correctly. Yes he can declassify information, but should he? Whats stopping him from declassifying things that should not be declassified. Whats stopping him from sharing information that is closely guarded information that can not get out?

Can I ask what experience you have with classified information Thanato?  You seem very informed so would like to know your military or otherwise experience before I say anything further.  

Just now, Merc14 said:

Can I ask what experience you have with classified information Thanato?  You seem very informed so would like to know your military or otherwise experience before I say anything further.  

I have experience in the field. Forgive me for not giving specifics. 

• Like 2

Just now, Thanato said:

I have experience in the field. Forgive me for not giving specifics. 

Understood and since you have no idea what was supposedly devolved I am surprised you are saying anything given your supposed experience.  Maybe you can comment on Hillary's exposure of classified information?  

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 6:09 PM, Thanato said:

You got to understand these two parties have always  been at war to regain power. Why cant we just let the standing  President do his stuff to make it better and what  the people want.    

Edited by docyabut2