Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are we in a Holographic Universe ?

omni9

Where did the computer come from? Another hologram?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, taniwha said:

Where did the computer come from? Another hologram?

Thats the thing . 

But some say that the sub-atomic has error corrections , as do computers .

No idea what their on about . 

The holographic universe has nothing to do with a computer generated universe. You're confusing the Holographic principle with the Simulation Argument.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

The holographic universe has nothing to do with a computer generated universe. You're confusing the Holographic principle with the Simulation Argument.

Could u provide link for me to read about it?

if this is a hologram universe does that mean when we die we wake up?

Well......honestly, didn't we learn in school that since the big bang other planets got a head start in evolution after they were formed? A little too peachy to me. what if.....(lol) they just did it.??? What if they conquered type 1 civilization and moved on to type 2 like star trek. ? in the end, they could be type 3 and have mastered illusion technology and encapsulated the planet in their technology. what do you think?

• Like 1

Pppft. Clearly we're on a disk balanced on the backs of elephants who are riding on a giant turtle.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Podo said:

Pppft. Clearly we're on a disk balanced on the backs of elephants who are riding on a giant turtle.

I think it's safe to say it's obvious. :P

Perhaps it's a solipsistic giant turtle?

5 hours ago, Podo said:

No, Podo, it's turtles all the way down.

• Like 1

Just now, StarMountainKid said:

No, Podo, it's turtles all the way down.

Turtleception. 

9 hours ago, DebDandelion said:

Thank u so much...but it doesn't make complete sense to my small brain

The idea is that 3 dimensional space is on a 2 dimensional surface, analogous to a hologram.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Podo said:

What is it that a man may call the greatest things in life? "Hot water, good dentistry, and soft lavatory paper."  - Cohen the Barbarian. 

• Like 1

The simulation argument in a nutshell is this:  In a some years, maybe in the next hundred, humans will  be able to make a simulated computer world that is indistinguishable from the real world.  As time goes on, a great many of these simulated worlds may be made, maybe millions or billions.  If that is so, then the probability is  a billion to one odds that we are currently living in a simulation.

• Like 1

If we are I wish somebody would let me know for sure. If I knew it couldn't hurt anyone I'd do all kinds of messed up stuff.

Perhaps the idea of a holographic principle of the universe is the product of high achieving schizophrenics who are pathologically alienated from the nature world. A shared psychotic hallucination that justifies their inability to acknowledge their embedded place in nature ... a rejection of the innate interactive relationship that exists between them and the organic ecological system that sustains them. A common characteristic of unmanaged schizophrenia is a vigilant avoidance and distortion of whatever reveals relationship.  

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, No Solid Ground said:

Perhaps the idea of a holographic principle of the universe is the product of high achieving schizophrenics who are pathologically alienated from the nature world. A shared psychotic hallucination that justifies their inability to acknowledge their embedded place in nature ... a rejection of the innate interactive relationship that exists between them and the organic ecological system that sustains them. A common characteristic of unmanaged schizophrenia is a vigilant avoidance and distortion of whatever reveals relationship.  

I agree. We don't seem to want to admit that we're just gooey biology. I've read that Julius Caesar said looking at butchered soldiers on a battlefield, "Now you see what kind of a thing man is." We are nature.

If ours is a holographic or simulated universe it's well done down to the smallest slimy details.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, No Solid Ground said:

Pretty sure the holographic principle comes from string theory and attempts to answer the black hole information paradox.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-5-18 at 9:24 AM, Rlyeh said:

Pretty sure the holographic principle comes from string theory and attempts to answer the black hole information paradox.

Not string theory but that information can be .....

It comes from black hole information theory . 

Your the first person to even bring this out into the open .

I'm going back into netflix to find this concept .