Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rare white wolf shot dead at Yellowstone Park

Still Waters

23 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

the government is obviously formed by impotent and brainless people who have no idea what they are doing. Since natural habitat is shrinking every year, wild animals have no choise but wonder around cities looking for food which create a false believe that they multiply. How about goverment should keep in check overgrowing population which takes over new territories ans swallows land like parasites.

:mellow:.

This topic really has nothing to do with the government. It's about an idiot shooting a rare wolf.

• Like 1

On 5/20/2017 at 10:38 PM, Unfortunately said:

:mellow:.

This topic really has nothing to do with the government. It's about an idiot shooting a rare wolf.

it does, because for example in this case it liceenced the criminal who did it.

4 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

If the person wasn't licensed they could still have shot the wolf as there are many people with unlicensed guns in America and we have no confirmation who the perpetrator is or whether they are licensed. As much as I'm not usually one to step in the way of people blaming different governments for things, in this particular case no one can point the finger and be able to back it up with evidence until more about the situation is known ^_^.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

They found him?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

I California I need a licence to ocean fish. By buying one I essentially acknowledge that I know the laws and agree to abide by them. There are several fish that are off limits (like the Garibaldi) and if you get caught with one in your boat you will face a stiff fine (and in one I case I heard of a guy that got jail time).

The point is, IF he had a licence (and I haven't found anywhere that states they think that's the case) him having one doesn't make the government culpable, in fact just the opposite. By purchasing a licence he agreed to the gov's rules and proceeded to break them. But since they don't know who did it, I'm not sure why you think they issued him a licence in the first place....

Edited by Calibeliever
  • Like 2

well my point is that since animal life and their kingdom has shrunk so much, there shouldn't be any more hunting. i am not sure about sport fishing since resources seems to be still big on numerous type of fish but definately prohibition on land mammals must be instated. I assumed the criminal was legally liceeced since it cost so little to get  licenced so that no one is poaching around.

Edited by qxcontinuum
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2017 at 1:51 PM, qxcontinuum said:

well my point is that since animal life and their kingdom has shrunk so much, there shouldn't be any more hunting. i am not sure about sport fishing since resources seems to be still big on numerous type of fish but definately prohibition on land mammals must be instated. I assumed the criminal was legally liceeced since it cost so little to get  licenced so that no one is poaching around.

That's a separate discussion, but sure. Knowing a little about that region though (which is why I'm curious where exactly this happened) It's more likely this is a rancher/farmer /disgruntled land owner of some type and the wolf strayed near the park border. As the wolf population has grown there has been increasing tension between land owners and wolves for several decades now. There are those that will shoot them on site if they they see them (even though it's illegal). They're less likely to do it on Federal land though because that means federal vs local prosecution. Wolves don't own maps however, and aren't aware of where federal land ends and private land begins.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/17/2017 at 7:03 AM, Myles said:

Culling is necessary in some cases.   I doubt that this killing was are part of it though.   Probably a trophy hunting case.    Possibly a self defense shooting.  

Culling is not necessary.  If they really cared, they'd simply use birth control methods.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MJNYC said:

Culling is not necessary.  If they really cared, they'd simply use birth control methods.

What birth control methods would you suggest they use?

• Like 3