Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Raccoon rampages around UK family's home

Still Waters

I've never had one single problem really from raccoons. I laughed like hell when one got a five gallon plastic bucket of cat food off the back porch. I could barely get the thing open myself and this raccoon worked on it for about an hour. I watched it out of the window and thought, if it could get it open it could have all of the cat food it wanted. :lol:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Lilly said:

They are cute...but I never said they weren't evil.

Kinda like me hun :D

• Like 2

Years ago one was in my garage (kids forgot to put the door down). No matter what I did he wouldn't leave (and he was making a hellish mess). I got an idea...I went and got my son's remote control helicopter. I buzzed him with the thing and he ran away like the devil himself was buzzing him.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Years ago one was in my garage (kids forgot to put the door down). No matter what I did he wouldn't leave (and he was making a hellish mess). I got an idea...I went and got my son's remote control helicopter. I buzzed him with the thing and he ran away like the devil himself was buzzing him.

That was you

Edited by The Silver Thong

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

That was you

You have to admit, I'm a pretty good remote control helicopter pilot.

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

You have to admit, I'm a pretty good remote control helicopter pilot.

I know lol

1 minute ago, Lilly said:

I almost got your tail fur on that last sweep!

Not even close. Im to skinny and fast. I was up that tree before you could even get close.

Folks telling raccoon stories.. I have a fun camping one..

I was dating a guy that grew up in Arizona- and took his breaks on commercial fishing boats in Alaska. He didn't have raccoons where he grew up in AZ apparently, and understandably there weren't any on Alaska fishing boats. It was his first summer in the midwest, in Wisconsin.. And we went for a camping weekend... 

We had two coolers, and when we set up camp, I tucked them under the ends of the picnic tables. He asked why I was doing that, and I said because of the raccoons. He kind of laughed about it- he was aware of garbage coons in the city, but underestimated the wilder ones that preyed on camps. We went fishing, but didn't catch much, so we went into town for a Friday fish fry- another first for him. When we got back with some leftovers, I started tucking them into a cooler and under the bench. I went to put the last into the second cooler.. and he protested..

"Come on, we are going to be hanging out around the fire burning low, and settling in for the night.. the one cooler will be ok so we can still get drinks. Raccoons aren't that bold, even in town."

I said sure, and left the cooler snapped shut, telling him he had to tuck it under later then. The fire died down enough for us to feel like we could start making up the bed in the tent... And guess what? We were still active in the tent and lights on in it when the rustling started.. Three coons were already on that cooler, trying to pop the lid. I sat back in the tent to watch. He was startled, and shouted.. no effect. He stepped out of the open door of the tent.. no effect. Picked up a bit of debris from right outside the tent and flung it at them, and that had an effect.. for about three seconds. Then they started coming right back and he hopped back into the tent for shelter.. then got mad and tried again... and chased them off. So he zipped up the tent and settled in while I waited... and by the time he really got his shoes off and was ready to be in the tent for the night it started again.. much louder. He was alarmed, and couldn't believe it. By the time I was really laughing he managed to get the tent door open and his feet into shoes... but by then the cooler was full open, the one fish bit left strewn outside the camp.. and all the ice on the dirt with all the beverage containers getting dirty... I was weeping with laughter by that point. Still not sure if it was his at that point mad enough to stomp out into the woods that scared off the raccoons, or my outbursts of giggles through the night. Or maybe because both coolers were tucked under and they had long dragged out the scraps of that last fish by the time his fuming and my chortles died down for the night.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lilly said:

Must have been your chubby brother...he can't even get into his bed let alone run!

LOL that was my sister, a mistake made often :P diabetes got her.  Just kidding, she was hit by a car. Ok I`m kidding there too,   now I need that guys leg lol  

This was my first interracial relationship.

She dumped me :angry: for a damn dog.

On 5/18/2017 at 0:31 PM, The Silver Thong said:

I was in Idaho (ok that made me giggle) thats the perv in me ( not literaly).  Idaho State at Farragut State Park just outside of Athole.

Okay, that made me giggle.

• Like 1