Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How scientists look for extraterrestrial life

How Do Scientists Search for Extraterrestrial Life?

Human civilizations dating back thousands of years left behind structures and records documenting their studies of the stars as they sought to chart the seasons, help travelers find their way and interpret the world around them. Stargazers among the ancient Greeks, Maya, Egyptians, Middle Easterners and Asians likely also pondered if there were other planets like ours among those distant points of light — and if so, what might live there.

Read more: Live Science

• 1 month later...

I think about the only way to search for extraterrestrial life right now is to listen for it unless we are searching here in our own solar system. Finding planets around other suns should give them good locations to listen and wait.

• Like 1

Since ET is not known to exist, meaning that there is no proof it does, we could ultimately be wasting our time on a falsehood.

But up till now, in an unlikely future scenario ET might well decide to reveal himself to us by initiating first contact.

I remember reading about two scientists who were trying to develop a way to search for man made light in space. That was about two years ago and i haven't heard or seen anything about it since.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

They could try looking up.

Naw this works much better

10 minutes ago, NotAlien7 said:

I remember reading about two scientists who were trying to develop a way to search for man made light in space. That was about two years ago and i haven't heard or seen anything about it since.

That would be there is no man made light in space

• Like 1