Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump special counsel appointed

Merc14

This could be the end of Trump because a special prosecutor never stops and drains all leverage an administration has.  All governing will now stop so no tax cuts, no Obamacare replacement, nothing.  The Democrats have hobbled the USA for the next four years because Hillary screwed up and lost the election.  There is no collusion, that is silliness, but tell a lie enough times and it becomes the truth.  Trump didn't do himself any favors and most of this is self inflicted but we now have a coup d'etat by proxy and we will all suffer with down stocks and stagnation in DC.  Dick Morris said it perfectly in his newsletter below

Special Prosecutor For Trump/Russia Investigation Is A Disaster

By Dick Morris on May 17, 2017

The Trump Administration may never recover from the decision of Deputy Attorney General Rob Rosenstein to cave into Democratic pressure and appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the totally fictitious “scandal” of Trump’s relationship with Putin.

The prosecutor, hired to investigate something that never happened, will not report Trump’s innocence. Special prosecutors never do. They justify their own existence, importance, budget, and staff by finding something to prosecute. Usually the “crime” they end up going after is one that his own investigation has created.

Remember the Valerie Plame affair? After years of work the special prosecutor found that no crime had occurred. The person who leaked her link to the CIA was authorized to do so. With no crime to come up with, Patrick Fitzgerald, the prosecutor, indicted poor Scooter Libby, an aide to VP Dick Cheney, for perjury, a crime that would never have taken place had there been no investigation.

That’s how special prosecutors work.

In the meantime, they hobble the president, drain away his political credibility, separate him from his supporters, and paralyze his administration. No legislator is willing to lend his support for fear of what the prosecutor might find. Each one will run for cover rather than work with Trump to get something done.

In appointing a prosecutor, Rosenstein has killed this Administration’s ability to function. No health care overhaul. No tax cuts. No government reform. All while we await the results of a nothing investigation into a nothing scandal.

And did Mr. Rosenstein get vested with this power to destroy? The Democrats sidelined Jeff Sessions, the Attorney General for doing his job as a member of the Senate Armed Services Committee and meeting with the Russian ambassador. He was forced to recuse himself when he said he knew of no instance of a Trump campaign official or aide meeting with the Russians. Of course, Sessions was no campaign aide but a Senator doing his job.

Mueller is a fair man and perhaps he will resist the temptation to look under rocks that aren’t there in search of scandal that never happened. Let us pray.

Edited by Merc14
  • Like 6

Or, as Trump spells it: "Councel" :huh:

• Like 5

This is a mess of his own making because he tried to become an oligarch by selling us out to Russia.

Edited by ChaosRose
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Merc14 said:

This could be the end of Trump because a special prosecutor never stops and drains all leverage an administration has.  All governing will now stop so no tax cuts, no Obamacare replacement, nothing.  The Democrats have hobbled the USA for the next four years because Hillary screwed up and lost the election.  There is no collusion, that is silliness, but tell a lie enough times and it becomes the truth.  Trump didn't do himself any favors and most of this is self inflicted but we now have a coup d'etat by proxy and we will all suffer with down stocks and stagnation in DC.  

The way that Donald Trump has been treated is an absolute disgrace IMO -

I can only imagine how furious all his supporters and those who voted for him feel right now -

• Like 4

All of the criminal activity that took place within the Obama administration and not one special counsel appointed, but a few months in with no real indication of criminal or impeachable wrongdoing and they have one on Trump?  Sounds like witch hunt.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, OverSword said:

All of the criminal activity that took place within the Obama administration and not one special counsel appointed, but a few months in with no real indication of criminal or impeachable wrongdoing and they have one on Trump?  Sounds like witch hunt.

It certainly is rather suspicious that Trump is being subjected to far more than Obama ever was.

• Like 1

You don't appoint a special prosecutor out of thin air though.  Something is going on.  What is even more telling is that it is a republican assistant attorney general (Rob Rosenstein) appointing a republican former FBI director (Robert Mueller) as the special investigator and still the Trump camp is panicking.  If I was being smeared, I would be cheering if two guys from my team were put in charge of clearing my name.

I am of the opinion that if there was a there, there (say that real fast three times) it would have been LEAKED OUT long ago. The Dem's had a plan from day one to push the Russian conspiracy as hard as possible and it has worked perfectly for ONE MAIN reason. The Main Stream Propaganda Networks. Plain and simple.

If the spineless Republicans had the MSPN's on their side Hillary Clinton would have been convicted last summer.

I am frightened for this Country the way the liberal Dem's and the liberal Washington insiders have gotten away with this Ruin Trump at any and all cost.   It's really scary all the people who claimed there was a secret government inside the government might have been right. 

46 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

You don't appoint a special prosecutor out of thin air though.  Something is going on.  What is even more telling is that it is a republican assistant attorney general (Rob Rosenstein) appointing a republican former FBI director (Robert Mueller) as the special investigator and still the Trump camp is panicking.  If I was being smeared, I would be cheering if two guys from my team were put in charge of clearing my name.

Trump isn't popular with a lot of Republicans either. This isn't a shirts or skins game...an us or them. Politics should never take that path, even though a lot of people are determined to make it so.

In politics, there are personal agendas involved. They don't like their toes stepped on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Trump isn't popular with a lot of Republicans either. This isn't a shirts or skins game...an us or them. Politics should never take that path, even though a lot of people are determined to make it so.

In politics, there are personal agendas involved. They don't like their toes stepped on.

Then he is truly doomed.  A leader that can't get people to work together towards a common goal, isn't a leader at all. 

I can do a project with a rival contractor on site.  They can even act to trash talk, slow down and sabotage my crew's work.  But if my crew doesn't have my back and starts sabotaging me as well....   Let's just say there is no purpose in my company letting me have my job. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Then he is truly doomed.  A leader that can't get people to work together towards a common goal, isn't a leader at all. 

I can do a project with a rival contractor on site.  They can even act to trash talk, slow down and sabotage my crew's work.  But if my crew doesn't have my back and starts sabotaging me as well....   Let's just say there is no purpose in my company letting me have my job. 

You may be right regarding what is going on Gromdor in that it seems people on Trump's own team may be sabotaging him via these endless leaks.  Only Trump can stop that and the solution is for him to hire a very strong, much experienced CoS and then listen to what that CoS says.  I don't see that happening.

Edited by Merc14

8 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Something that is never said by any powerful woman in a man's world. 

My husband and I own a welding business. I'm a pipefitter and welder. I have to fight for respect on a daily basis. After 30 years, I still have to contend with contempt from new customers who don't understand my capabilities. Our crew of four has my back though. When you bring more people in, generally, the less loyalty you have among them. We like to keep it small and personal.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Something that is never said by any powerful woman in a man's world. 

My husband and I own a welding business. I'm a pipefitter and welder. I have to fight for respect on a daily basis. After 30 years, I still have to contend with contempt from new customers who don't understand my capabilities. Our crew of four has my back though. When you bring more people in, generally, the less loyalty you have among them. We like to keep it small and personal.

I wish at times I could keep it small.  I often get projects with big crews (union) and I would say 1/2 my job is just stopping stupid in-fighting and shenanigans.  I do think there are parallels to politics though.  The company, the customer, the guys, and the union hall regularly eat foremen and superintendents up that can't balance their needs and wants with each other.  Let alone get the project done.  Half of them usually hate each other as well.  The old union business manager and myself used to hate each others guts.  Then when we got our respective roles, we learned to be friends real quick.  So I see how a politician's reputation and contacts would get him far.  That being said, the ones that fall the fastest are the ones that come from out of nowhere and say, "I am the boss, it is my way or the highway."   The ones that start humble are the ones that last.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I wish at times I could keep it small.  I often get projects with big crews (union) and I would say 1/2 my job is just stopping stupid in-fighting and shenanigans.  I do think there are parallels to politics though.  The company, the customer, the guys, and the union hall regularly eat foremen and superintendents up that can't balance their needs and wants with each other.  Let alone get the project done.  Half of them usually hate each other as well.  The old union business manager and myself used to hate each others guts.  Then when we got our respective roles, we learned to be friends real quick.  So I see how a politician's reputation and contacts would get him far.  That being said, the ones that fall the fastest are the ones that come from out of nowhere and say, "I am the boss, it is my way or the highway."   The ones that start humble are the ones that last.

I remember when Obama, a novice, was elected. It was all give him a chance, let him grow into the job, he has a lot to learn, he'll make mistakes.

Granted, Trump is different. It doesn't make him automatically wrong from the get go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I remember when Obama, a novice, was elected. It was all give him a chance, let him grow into the job, he has a lot to learn, he'll make mistakes.

Granted, Trump is different. It doesn't make him automatically wrong from the get go.

To give him credit, Obama did last the full 8 years. 

Trump would be doing much better if he approached the presidency with the same attitude.  I see in Trump the same problems novice foremen have.  And I think we are all beginning to see the knives coming from all directions as well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

Trump would be doing much better if he approached the presidency with the same attitude.  I see in Trump the same problems novice foremen have.  And I think we are all beginning to see the knives coming from all directions as well. 

On a huge construction job disgruntled employees would put someone like Trump in his place, discretely, but directly and firmly...sometimes violently. They either have a change of attitude or leave the job.

Is that what you want to see happen?

10 minutes ago, Michelle said:

On a huge construction job disgruntled employees would put someone like Trump in his place, discretely, but directly and firmly...sometimes violently. They either have a change of attitude or leave the job.

Is that what you want to see happen?

I think that is happening.  The leaks, barbs, innuendos, accusations, sabotage and lawsuits coming from everywhere is proof of that. 

Construction workers aren't really that discrete, but they tend to do the same thing.  Can't really cut a guy and then threaten to throw him off the top of a powerhouse anymore.  Cellphones and corporate safety requirements stopped that.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gromdor said:

I think that is happening.  The leaks, barbs, innuendos, accusations, sabotage and lawsuits coming from everywhere is proof of that. 

Construction workers aren't really that discrete, but they tend to do the same thing.  Can't really cut a guy and then threaten to throw him off the top of a powerhouse anymore.  Cellphones and corporate safety requirements stopped that.   

That is exactly what is happening.

Don't kid yourself. OSHA can't account for every construction "accident" that occurs. It is a construction site and accidents do happen. There may even be many witnesses, depending on how much the foreman is hated.

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

That is exactly what is happening.

Don't kid yourself. OSHA can't account for every construction "accident" that occurs. It is a construction site and accidents do happen. There may even be many witnesses, depending on how much the foreman is hated.

It's an insurance thing.  Many of the bigger corporation that we contract to require us to have a certain insurance rating score.  So any incidents or accidents adversely affect the score and can make a company ineligible to contract to them anymore. Even fights off site can potentially effect the score.  The guys usually try to claim their injuries are work related even if it is off-site. 

It's also usually the guys and not the foreman though.  The entity that put the foreman into his position is usually someone that insures their man doesn't have an accident.  Twenty years ago and it was like you said.  Now it is all petty stuff like Trump is facing. 

5 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

This is a mess of his own making because he tried to become an oligarch by selling us out to Russia.

Parroting talking heads proves nothing.

• Like 3

Just now, Gromdor said:

The guys usually try to claim their injuries are work related even if it is off-site. 

of course, to claim disability, seen that happen more than once. 

15 minutes ago, aztek said:

of course, to claim disability, seen that happen more than once. 

Yup, another reason why not to send guys to "correct" an individual.

Never had anyone on one of my crews do it.  Luckily they are fairly easy to spot and tend to have a reputation that precedes them. 

I did have to yell at a few guys to actually report their injuries and seek treatment before.  Hiding incidents are as bad, if not worse than actually dealing with it.  Had one guy catch himself on fire, stab himself in the head with a metal pin, and nearly fall though a grate two stories up.   All before morning break.

Edited by Gromdor

3 hours ago, Gromdor said:

You aren't THIS naive, man.  You KNOW that everything Merc14 stated is straight-up true and the Dems are partying over the taking down of Trump's presidency.  Make no mistake, this is what the "special counsel" means.  Trump and his plans just became radioactive to the useless cowards in DC.  And it doesn't matter AT ALL to the scum on the Left that he did nothing illegal.  They are traitorous vermin as far as I'm concerned.  The only happy ending here will be if Mueller really IS a man of integrity and he follows the evidence of how all this began, to its source.  My, wouldn't that be awesome?  Dem hacks being perp walked after arrest for felonies involving classified leaks?  Who knows?  I still say Trump should man up and tell Rosenstein he wants ANOTHER special counsel.  This one's mandate will be to clear the air publicly about Benghazi, the IRS, Fast and Furious and last and most important, HRC's use of an unsecured server.  sure, the bottom feeders on the Left will howl but you know what?  The hell with them.  They're gonna cry their croc tears and fan the flames no matter WHAT Trump does or doesn't do.  If he refuses to fight back then screw him, he's not worth bothering over any further.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I agree that Trump wounds himself constantly but Obama benefited from the most docile and compliant press I have ever seen,  They didn't even ask questions unless they were directed to by his staff.  It was pathetic to watch and dangerous for the country.  Trump's treatment is the exact opposite but of course when you call them names and verbally attack them you should expect hostility back.

• Like 3