Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Assange investigation dropped

seeder

I did a quick search since posting this earlier as a status update, didnt find anything similar.....

Julian Assange: Sweden drops rape investigation

Sweden has decided to drop the rape investigation into Wikileaks founder Julian Assange.

Top prosecutor Marianne Ny said his arrest warrant was being revoked as it was impossible to serve him notice.

Mr Assange, 45, has lived in the Ecuadorean embassy in London since 2012. He fears extradition to Sweden would lead to extradition to the US where he is wanted over leaks.

Ecuador has called on the UK to allow him safe passage out of the country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39973864

• Like 6

Fascinating development in his saga ... I wonder though if this just isn't a ploy to get him out of the embassy where U.S. operatives can nab him.

• Like 6

LOL, you know the door to the Ecuadorian embassy has a bucket full of rocks directly above it.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Aftermath said:

Fascinating development in his saga ... I wonder though if this just isn't a ploy to get him out of the embassy where U.S. operatives can nab him.

I hope he does get nabbed. He is a horrid man, who makes my stomach churn.

• Like 2

Anybody know how to put someone on ignore? Just curious. Keeps giving me an error message.

Edit: Got it sorted. ;)

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Astra. said:

What led you to this opinion?

18 hours ago, Aftermath said:

Assange,

• Like 4

6 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

What led you to this opinion?

Well, I feel his focus and agenda has always been to expose and undermine the US...as it's no secret that he is totally anti-American. It's  clear that his motive wasn’t just publication of whistle-blown data, as it was to glorify Assange himself. 

I think he is an arrogant and less than honourable little man...who thought he could elevate his sense of celebrity and influence with the release of disruptive and illegally hacked information.

Frankly, he is nothing but a snitch and a coward to me, who is not above the law...and it's about time that he mans up and faces the consequences of his passed deeds, rather than hide like the little pathetic mouse that he is.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Astra. said:

Well, I feel his focus and agenda has always been to expose and undermine the US...as it's no secret that he is totally anti-American. It's  clear that his motive wasn’t just publication of whistle-blown data, as it was to glorify Assange himself. 

I think he is an arrogant and less than honourable little man...who thought he could elevate his sense of celebrity and influence with the release of disruptive and illegally hacked information.

Frankly, he is nothing but a snitch and a coward to me, who is not above the law...and it's about time that he mans up and faces the consequences of his passed deeds, rather than hide like the little pathetic mouse that he is.

and to add to this....the tabloids say it this way

What a creep! After leaking secrets, dodging sex charges and costing the UK £13m, Julian Assange marks end of rape probe by giving world a human rights lecture

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange made rare appearance on the balcony of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London
    It came hours after Sweden's Director of Public Prosecutions discontinued rape allegations against Assange
    The 45-year-old, who has been holed up in embassy for five years, declared an 'important victory' for himself
    British police still want him for jumping bail in 2012, US want him extradited for leak of classified documents
    'The war is just commencing,' he said to crowds and journalists,' The UK has said it will arrest me regardless'
    Ecuador Government to step up efforts to allow Mr Assange to continue his asylum in its country

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4521770/Sweden-drops-prosecution-against-Julian-Assange.html#ixzz4hcf9HAMv

• Like 1

On 20/05/2017 at 2:28 AM, Aftermath said:

Do you honestly think that if the Yanks wanted to grab him, they'd not make a deal with Eucuador to trade him or just simply send in a black bag team and take him?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Do you honestly think that if the Yanks wanted to grab him, they'd not make a deal with Eucuador to trade him or just simply send in a black bag team and take him?

The Americans have shown no interest in him all through this saga.  The UK really has been left carrying a large bag of poo, damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Assange and conspiracy cretins point the finger at the UK.  The Swedes have got away Scot free.

Stick him on the next flight to Ecuador. Accept he doesn't want to go there he wants to continue causing trouble in the UK,

Edited by skookum
  • Like 1

On 2017-5-21 at 7:22 AM, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Do you honestly think the Yanks want to grab him....

Probably not...but he still lives in fear of Hillary's drone strike....:D

download_40.jpg

• Like 1

Julian Assange heads the journalist group Wkileaks that serves as a conduit for whistle blowers to get information
out into the public arena - I don't have a problem with that - 

I think his appearances on the balcony of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London are brilliant examples of
modern maverick political theatre - 

Not many people would have the tenacity or courage of Assange to keep on keeping on - although he hasn't
got much choice if he wants to survive all this - IMO individuals like Assange help to stop the drift towards 
society becoming thoroughly  Mind Controlled by the political elite and super rich -

I think some organisations in the US would definitely like to get their hands on him - like they would Edward Snowden -
so he will still have to be very careful  - the drama continues - :yes:

• Like 2

21 hours ago, skookum said:

Stick him on the next flight to Ecuador. Accept he doesn't want to go there he wants to continue causing trouble in the UK,

C'mon you think he's enjoying being  in the Embassy I'm sure he'd love to be able to go to Ecuador - 

How safe he'd be there or anywhere now.... even if he could travel without being nabbed, is debatable though -

Edited by bee
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, bee said:

C'mon you think he's enjoying being  in the Embassy I'm sure he'd love to be able to go to Ecuador - 

How safe he'd be there or anywhere now.... even if he could travel without being nabbed, is debatable though -

That video above, he wants everyone to feel sorry for him, he seeks attention and as done all his life, the man is an irrelevance. If he believed in his cause, and that he was on the right side of the law he would've held his head up high and had his day in court with the best lawyers provided by crowd funding from his follows around the world the, conspiracy theorist.

• Like 4

I never quite know how to perceive Assange... the work of WikiLeaks can, in part only, be lauded; other times it is downright dangerous. As a person I find him extraordinarily "slimy" and unpleasant

• Like 4

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 0:57 AM, Astra. said:

Just his smarmy narcissistic demeanor is enough for me. I hope when the Americans finally get hold of him then instead of letting him do a third of his sentence they make him serve every single day.

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

Just his smarmy narcissistic demeanor is enough for me. I hope when the Americans finally get hold of him then instead of letting him do a third of his sentence they make him serve every single day.

Agree, and I also think that the British authorities have every right to arrest him for skipping bail. I mean really, who on earth does he think he is, by continuing to flounce the law in other countries.

Apparently, it's not known for sure if US officials are seeking his arrest because of a possible sealed indictment.

He needs to stop being a martyr to garnish sympathy... grow a backbone, and finally face up to things that he has brought upon himself. 

• Like 1

Sweden's rape laws are toothless anyway. Had Assange been a refugee no doubt they would've covered it up. 

• Like 2

whistle blowing at the higher levels of politics is a dangerous endeavor - as is facilitating it -

it's not a popularity contest --- :) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Sweden's rape laws are toothless anyway. Had Assange been a refugee no doubt they would've covered it up. 

Well he was kind off. Trapped, nowhere to go etc

On 2017-05-20 at 7:23 AM, Astra. said:

I was always tought that honesty is the best policy. If people in the US don`t get that we are in trouble.

Assange can always just defect to a free country... like Russia.

It worked for Snowden. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Assange can always just defect to a free country... like Russia.

It worked for Snowden. 

No he cant. He will be arrested the second he leaves the embassy...why else do you think he never leaves the embassy?

Edited by seeder

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

No he cant. He will be arrested the second he leaves the embassy...why else do think he never leaves the embassy?

Okay.... huh, so what does this investigation being dropped even mean?