Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Italy makes 12 child vaccinations compulsory

Still Waters

The government in Italy has ruled that children must be vaccinated against 12 common illnesses before they can enrol for state-run schools.

Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni blamed a decrease in vaccinations in part on a "spread of anti-scientific theories".

Italy has recorded nearly three times as many measles cases so far this year than for all of 2016.

If children are not vaccinated by the age of six, the school starting age, their parents will be fined.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39983799

• Like 4

Hmmm...whilst I understand the reasoning, I dislike the compulsory aspect of it - somewhat oppressive.  Also that's a LOT of vaccinations!  I hope at least they are staggered, i.e. not administered all on the same day.

For those that object to this, there will be more schooling at home then!

Edited by sees
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Still Waters said:

The government in Italy has ruled that children must be vaccinated against 12 common illnesses before they can enrol for state-run schools.

Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni blamed a decrease in vaccinations in part on a "spread of anti-scientific theories".

Italy has recorded nearly three times as many measles cases so far this year than for all of 2016.

If children are not vaccinated by the age of six, the school starting age, their parents will be fined.

'Their parents will be fined' ...... fined once or fined for every year that goes by without vaccinating? Once they're fined can the child then start school?

'Spread of anti-scientific theories' ........ as if science was always right, and right for all time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sees said:

Hmmm...whilst I understand the reasoning, I dislike the compulsory aspect of it - somewhat oppressive.  Also that's a LOT of vaccinations!  I hope at least they are staggered, i.e. not administered all on the same day.

For those that object to this, there will be more schooling at home then!

That would also be a lot of diseases for a little kid to suffer.

47 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

'Their parents will be fined' ...... fined once or fined for every year that goes by without vaccinating? Once they're fined can the child then start school?

'Spread of anti-scientific theories' ........ as if science was always right, and right for all time. 

Well...they were right about polio.

12 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

That would also be a lot of diseases for a little kid to suffer.

....assuming the child contracted them all!  Maybe there should be a compromise, i.e. compulsory vaccinations for the top 5 most likely to be infected....just a thought.  12 vaccinations sounds very daunting to me but it's not revealed over what time span this would be...presumably not all at once!

2 minutes ago, sees said:

....assuming the child contracted them all!  Maybe there should be a compromise, i.e. compulsory vaccinations for the top 5 most likely to be infected....just a thought.  12 vaccinations sounds very daunting to me but it's not revealed over what time span this would be...presumably not all at once!

If only there were qualified scientists with the expertise to make judgements like this...

Oh wait.

5 minutes ago, sees said:

Herd immunity doesn't work that way. And viruses are tricky. We're just starting to understand how getting one as a child might affect you later in life. 

They might want to make a careful check on the autism rate NOW, and then compare it to what they will get 3 years from now.

And all these new diseases don't have anything to do with all the immigrants pouring in from the most diseased parts of the world, eh?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

They might want to make a careful check on the autism rate NOW, and then compare it to what they will get 3 years from now.

You know, I'm all for that.

itll be the last damn nail in that argument one way or the other. 

• Like 3

good work, I have not read the whole thing but I hope they make the most essential ones free of cost. 

On 2017-05-20 at 9:44 AM, ChaosRose said:

Herd immunity doesn't work that way. And viruses are tricky. We're just starting to understand how getting one as a child might affect you later in life. 

Why is it that 30 or 40 years ago we didn`t need 12 shots but now they do. Alot to look into. Don`t trust big pharma.  Just like gluitin free crap did not exist 30 years ago nor did a peanut allergy plus bee stings, damn  no one wanted to be stung but every kid I knew was never sick from it. hmmm GMO`s possibly, big pharma handing out drugs and it could even be linked to drinking water or having our meat injected with something. We have no clue but it is kinda odd. 

• Like 3

On 5/20/2017 at 11:44 AM, ChaosRose said:

Someone once told me that if an expecting mother contracts a certain virus, it can later lead to a schizophrenic child. I have done zero homework on that though, and I'm just regurgitating what I heard.

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 1:41 PM, Still Waters said:

We still live in the age where they dont do a DNA profile on the child to find out which diseases it needs protecting from. In all likelihood most of them dont need vaccinating against those 12 diseases (or at most 1 or 2). Most people dont die or get crippled from measles etc. And with the mercury and other ingredients in them most of those kids are being exposed to toxins pointlessly.

• Like 2

On 5/24/2017 at 2:16 AM, The Silver Thong said:

Why is it that 30 or 40 years ago we didn`t need 12 shots but now they do. Alot to look into. Don`t trust big pharma.  Just like gluitin free crap did not exist 30 years ago nor did a peanut allergy plus bee stings, damn  no one wanted to be stung but every kid I knew was never sick from it. hmmm GMO`s possibly, big pharma handing out drugs and it could even be linked to drinking water or having our meat injected with something. We have no clue but it is kinda odd. 

Believe it or not, science does actually make advancements. We didn't have a shot for varicella before, but now kids don't have to get it. We can prevent that, and everything that goes along with it, like getting shingles as an adult.

vaccines are obviously helped us get rid of many bad diseases, infectious and not. however one should not believe there are no side effects. just like any meds. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Latest -

A group of German-speaking parents in northern Italy are so angry about a new requirement to get their children vaccinated that they plan to seek asylum in nearby Austria.

The 130 families live in Alto Adige - also known as South Tyrol - a region that was part of Austria before 1919.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40221569

• Like 1

^ ^ good for them! :tsu:

This would not have been needed if it was not for that liar Wakefield who lied about the Measles-Mumps-Rubella combined vaccine and autism for pay.

Side effects, I wonder what is caused by all the vaccinations. I take a statin for cholesterol. It can cause a pretty bad muscle disease and type 2 diabetes. But I can just quit taking it if I feel it is harming my health. With vaccines your stuck. Can't stop taking them, they are part of you now. Could they be causing the high increase in diabetes, or is it just the statins causing it? Something is causing it. The pollution in the water and air? We live in a very sickening world now, and big pharma isn't helping. Or maybe they are, make more money.

• Like 1