Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sea lion grabs young girl from a pier

Still Waters

Update on this story. Sorry, no link, I saw it on Today. The little girl is now being treated for a bacterial infection known as Seal Finger. This happens when bacteria from a seals mouth enters the skin, obviously. Her family has spoken and said they weren't the ones feeding the seal, the people next to them were, but they did admit to being too close to the water.

• Like 2

On 5/25/2017 at 0:49 PM, Future ghost said:

Update on this story. Sorry, no link, I saw it on Today. The little girl is now being treated for a bacterial infection known as Seal Finger. This happens when bacteria from a seals mouth enters the skin, obviously. Her family has spoken and said they weren't the ones feeding the seal, the people next to them were, but they did admit to being too close to the water.

I just came to post about that -

The girl suffered a superficial wound, five centimetres by 10 centimetres, on her lower body, Lau said.

The family said they rushed their daughter to B.C. Children's Hospital immediately after she was pulled into the water, and the girl was prescribed antibiotics.

Vancouver Aquarium officials warned that a sea lion bite could contain bacteria needing a specific form of treatment.

Lau said the family has been in touch with the aquarium about any other treatment the girl might require. 

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/family-sea-lion-speak-out-1.4128121

• Like 2

Just now, Still Waters said:

I just came to post about that -

There wasn't a link available yesterday when I heard about it, but I knew you'd come through. :D You always do.

• Like 1