Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Not sure whats happening to me

tryingtofindanswers

I'm new here so I'll start with a little back ground. I do believe in the paranormal. I believe in psychic abilities and mediumship. I'm not religious as in I don't go to church or read the Bible but I believe in god as a higher power. When I was younger from about age 11 to 14 I had dreams of a demon. I won't post about his name though I read that it's not good. I didn't think anything of the dreams at the time because I was so young. That stopped after a while and nothing went on at all for years. I've also experienced sleep paralysis since I was around that age off and on. everything started getting weird for me when I was about 20 and began with my bedroom door when I was home alone. 

It was around 9 and I was laying down watching tv with my dog. I then heard what sounded like shaking on the door knob. I thought it was my fiancée home early and trying to unlock the door. We lived with 4 others at the time so we had a lock on our bedroom door so to get in we used a key. It sounded like fidgeting because all of the lights were off in the house so I assumed he couldn't see.  So I got out of bed quietly and quickly because I was going to open the door myself and scare him. When I got a hold of the door knob I turned it really fast and opened the door and jumped out and said boo but no one was there. And I heard the fidgeting on the door the whole time I was opening it myself (I didn't pay attention to if the knob was turning or not). I called out hello and went to knock on our roommates door but no one was in there and I went walking around the house and o one was there at all. I looked outside and there were no cars home. I just wrote it off as weird but not a big deal. This was the summer of last year. 

Next, a few weeks after that I had a dream while I was sleeping of three people who have passed away, 2 that I never got to meet and 1 I knew but wasn't close with them. In my dream they were all in front of me and told me telepathicly that they were doing okay on the other side. Again, I thought this was odd but didn't think anything of it at all. Just that maybe I need to pass the message on to the people who were close to them so that they could feel at peace. 

Nothing else went on until I moved out of the house and into my own place with my dog and fiancée. A couple months after we moved in a few things have happened a few weeks after each incident and have been occurring since. 

1. I cant say if this was an overly vivid dream, vivid sleep paralysis or reality. But I was laying in bed and I had came to out of sleep and I was looking at the ceiling and all of a sudden I sensed something next to me. I my fiancée wasn't home and my dog was on the other side of me. Out of the corner of my eye I could see a figure. It was a woman and next to her was a little boy. They were naked and the only way I can describe them is that they looked dead. I filled with fear and I froze. I didn't want to move and I started to pray. The woman started screaming out to me saying "please help us, you have to help us, please!" I yelled out go away and closed my eyes, waited a moment and I felt alone so I opened my eyes and they were gone. I left that as a bad dream and went on about my day a little shaken up. I told my mom about this and was told that a few of the women in my family have been said to have "gifts". But she didn't go into it and I didn't ask. 

2. The very next morning around 3 am ish I was actually dreaming I could tell, in my dream I was looking towards my wall and saw a black mass that told me he was a demon and told me his name (wasn't the one I encountered when I was younger). I became engulfed with fear and started to pray. I could tell it was leaving but before it did it drew a symbol on my wall and then it was gone. I woke up and again just thought it was a nightmare. 

3. I was with a friend and we were just hanging out not doing anything in particular. At one point through the night I looked up at her and around her head and shoulders was a purple glow. I looked this up and found stuff about auras. This happens to me another time and they had a yellow glow. At this point I feel like I could be experiencing psychic/medium abilities but don't really think that's what it is. Maybe I'm not getting enough rest or something's wrong with my eyesight. 

4. I have been having really insane vivid dreams about anything. Randomness. I also lucid dream. 

5. I had some sort of astral projection or OBE. I was laying in bed and I was watching myself lay there next to my fiancée and dog. Then all of a sudden I floated up and through my place and was in the sky, then into space and I was just floating in the stars. 

6. I was on the phone with my fiancée the other night and I heard noises what sounded like a voice. I asked my fiancée if they heard the noises but they didn't. My phone then restarted on its own and when It turned back on I called my fiancée back and we were talking but at the end of the call I heard a really creepy deep whispering voice and I was instantly afraid and didn't know what to do. I didn't feel alone in my house and like someone was next to me. I also felt tingling on the side where I felt like someone was. I began to pray  and after about a minute a sense of peace washed over me and it was like I was never scared to begin with. 

7. This happened today. I was getting an order of drinks at a fast food place with my fiancée and this thought popped randomly into my head that I felt like I had to say, I said i bet he's gonna tell us the drinks are free. And the worker guy came to the window with our drinks and my fiancée pulled out his card to pay and the guy said not to worry about it. I was instantly like OH MY GOSH did I really just say that and did this really just happen. 

Im still on the fence about what this means and I just need to know if this is really happening. I'm a little scared and don't know if I want this. But if this is what I'm supposed to do then I want to embrace it to help others. Could I really be psychic or a medium? Like I said I believe people can possess those abilities but I'm having a hard time believe it can happen to me. 

I would greatly appreciate any advice or input or recommendations! 

Edited by tryingtofindanswers
I forgot to add an incident

I would suggest you research hypnogagic/hypnopompic hallucinations, it will help explain some of the things happening while you're near sleep/asleep. 

Have your eyes checked and drop by the cell phone store and have your phone checked out.

• Like 2

I haven't come across those two while doing all of my research with my experiences so I will definitely look into this! Thanks 

I think if a person is focused on this type of stuff, simply because they already believe in it. Then the imagination can go into over drive.

Personally, I don't think that any of us have these 'special' type of gifts or powers. Many things that do happen, which might seem to be a little unusual at the time....has more to do with it being a coincidence, than anything else. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I want the name of these demons.

I still want the names of those demons.

• Like 1

Hay. Im a newbe, and have no parapsychologic skills myself. My mother does, my husbanf also.

I would like to tell some experiences of my youngest daughter( 14 yrs old now)

Lets start with latest, happened past saturdag. She was in her own bedroom, and had put her swimming suit on hee bed. She stepped out of the room to get a towel, when she returned in her room, her swimming suit was lying on the floor, next to her bed. She thought: maybe i did not put it whole on the bed, and picked it up and putted it back ON the middle of her bed away from the sides. She stepped out of her room to get her shampoo, and when she returned to her room, her swimming suit wad again laying on the ground, on the exact place where she had picked it up.

The  she shouted my name and i got upstairs. It didnt happen again when i asked her to step out of the room again.

Nobody was upstairs besides herself.

How can this be explained???

Ps.. sorry for my horrible English.. im Dutch..

Thanks for reading and possible answers/replies...

• Like 1

Next incident happened about a week before the bathing suit incident;

She was with her father in our car, to drop something off. So he shut down the car, not closeby shop.

Suddenly they heard a womans voice IN the car greeting: Joeeehoeeee.

They looked at each other and asked did you heat that? Yes they both answered. Did you say that? No they both answered.

There was no person nearby the vehicle, and the doors and windows were closed. And no car running or radio on.

How 'bout that?

Third incident happened last year. An early saturdaymorning before sunrise she woke up in her bed. Lying on her belly . Suddenly she felt someone  slapping her with closed fist in her stomach through the matrass and heard also the sound of bonking. 3 times shortly after each other. 

So she shouted my name and i ran out of bed , still half sleepy

. We checked under her bed and the rest of the rooms. Everyone was still in deep sleep. 

Then i went half under her bed to try to repeat what just happened with my own hands. But i couldn't make the same happen with my bare hands/fists.

Later that morning, about 11 o'clock, we found out that her hamster, who sleeps in a cage in her bedroom, had passed away. He allready had body stiffness, what means he must have beem diseased for at least a couple of hours..

Explain that...??

She also has nightmares frequently. And doom thougts about exiting things she is looking forward to.

Several trips to psycologist did not diagnose her of any mental illness, meaninh there is nothing wrong with her head! After 4 sessions we quited. Cause the mrs had no expertise on parapsycology, just went looking for traumas that didnt exist.

So instead of starting your own thread you figured you'd hijack someone else's? My answer......you have quite the imagination.

Im sorry sir. That wasnt my intention at all. But i came across this comment by Google, after a long search for similar events like ours.. if you 'd like that i remove my comments, then i will. I just don't know what to do or think anymore with my scared 14yr old..

7 hours ago, Fireball71 said:

Hay. Im a newbe, and have no parapsychologic skills myself. My mother does, my husbanf also.

I would like to tell some experiences of my youngest daughter( 14 yrs old now)

Lets start with latest, happened past saturdag. She was in her own bedroom, and had put her swimming suit on hee bed. She stepped out of the room to get a towel, when she returned in her room, her swimming suit was lying on the floor, next to her bed. She thought: maybe i did not put it whole on the bed, and picked it up and putted it back ON the middle of her bed away from the sides. She stepped out of her room to get her shampoo, and when she returned to her room, her swimming suit wad again laying on the ground, on the exact place where she had picked it up.

Things fall off beds, it happens.

The  she shouted my name and i got upstairs. It didnt happen again when i asked her to step out of the room again.

Nobody was upstairs besides herself.

How can this be explained???

See the bold.

Ps.. sorry for my horrible English.. im Dutch..

Thanks for reading and possible answers/replies...

6 hours ago, Fireball71 said:

Next incident happened about a week before the bathing suit incident;

She was with her father in our car, to drop something off. So he shut down the car, not closeby shop.

Suddenly they heard a womans voice IN the car greeting: Joeeehoeeee.

They looked at each other and asked did you heat that? Yes they both answered. Did you say that? No they both answered.

There was no person nearby the vehicle, and the doors and windows were closed. And no car running or radio on.

How 'bout that?

People do have auditory hallucinations and they can reflect in this case the last thing heard on the radio, or a random noise from outside that being interpreted though auditory pareidolia.

As I recommended to the OP research hypnogagic/hypnopompic hallucinations. Since she has frequent nightmares then it's a good possibility that she's also having hypnogagic/hypnopompic hallucinations. 

Hamsters don't have a long life span. My daughter had one. One night he was running like crazy on his wheel, the next day he was dead. My son had a gerbil that acted fine but when my son went to feed him one morning he was dead.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fireball71 said:

Third incident happened last year. An early saturdaymorning before sunrise she woke up in her bed. Lying on her belly . Suddenly she felt someone  slapping her with closed fist in her stomach through the matrass and heard also the sound of bonking. 3 times shortly after each other. 

I believe this to be a hypnapompic hallucination, caught between wake and sleep. 

So she shouted my name and i ran out of bed , still half sleepy

. We checked under her bed and the rest of the rooms. Everyone was still in deep sleep. 

Then i went half under her bed to try to repeat what just happened with my own hands. But i couldn't make the same happen with my bare hands/fists.

Later that morning, about 11 o'clock, we found out that her hamster, who sleeps in a cage in her bedroom, had passed away. He allready had body stiffness, what means he must have beem diseased for at least a couple of hours..

Everything dies eventually.

Explain that...?? Just did.

She also has nightmares frequently. And doom thougts about exiting things she is looking forward to.

Then she's probably in a stressful environment, home life, school life, etc.

Several trips to psycologist did not diagnose her of any mental illness, meaninh there is nothing wrong with her head! After 4 sessions we quited. Cause the mrs had no expertise on parapsycology, just went looking for traumas that didnt exist.

Really only 4 sessions. That not enough time for anything. What I will say that it's probably teenage anxiety. And perhaps overbearing parents.

Okay sir. And what about the voice in the car and the swimming suit? Can you also say that thats her ( and my husbands imagination?  I am not sceptic, but i am also not gifted the way they are. Non-religious also.

4 minutes ago, Fireball71 said:

Okay sir. And what about the voice in the car and the swimming suit? Can you also say that thats her ( and my husbands imagination?  I am not sceptic, but i am also not gifted the way they are. Non-religious also.

When people claim to be gifted they are either mentally ill, have an active imagination, or completely full of it. 

• Like 1

Those two events were not imagination, sure as i am about that. Someone/something made it happen, and not with our hands or thoughts. 

Sir, thank you for the new view you gave me . I will not bother you again in this thread. Bless you all and goodnight.

XenoFish, I don't feel comfortable giving the names from what I researched(if anything is true but I don't think it's worth taking the chance) it's not a good idea. Fireball71 thanks for your experiences! I really can't say what could or couldn't be happening and I personally think that yes some of what happens to us is explainable but I also believe that some occurrences can't be explained and that there's more in this world than just science and what's practical. Maybe what I'm experiencing is something supernatural OR maybe it's nothing and I'm "mentally ill" or have bad eyesight or whatever.  Sure there are crazy people out there but I've seen things I can't explain either. Don't get me wrong, I believe in science. I'm going to school to study physics so I personally apply what I know is fact %100 of the time, but like I said I PERSONALLY BELIEVE some things aren't explainable. I'm not really any closer to making sense to any of this. And although I've said I believe these things are possible, that doesn't mean I go around looking for it to be the explanation to my problems. When these things occur I always try to find a logical and practical explanation but the reason I came looking for more is because of what happened most recently to me. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to give some input. 

Edited by tryingtofindanswers

22 minutes ago, tryingtofindanswers said:

XenoFish, I don't feel comfortable giving the names from what I researched

I want the names. You're afraid. I'm not. Give me the names. Plus 99.9% of all supernatural/paranormal occurrences are a product of your imagination. 20 years taught me that. So once again I want those names.

3 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I want the names. You're afraid. I'm not. Give me the names. Plus 99.9% of all supernatural/paranormal occurrences are a product of your imagination. 20 years taught me that. So once again I want those names.

Well once again, no I won't give them to you. Especially if you are trying to demand them from me. If you would like to talk about something else or give me other ideas as to what I may be experiencing then great. If not, I suppose we're done here. Thanks! 

23 minutes ago, tryingtofindanswers said:

Well once again, no I won't give them to you. Especially if you are trying to demand them from me. If you would like to talk about something else or give me other ideas as to what I may be experiencing then great. If not, I suppose we're done here. Thanks! 

You're experiencing an unsound mind, that it all.

There may be any number of explanations as to why, and you should seek real professional help.

All the best, Tim.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tryingtofindanswers said:

Alright, I want the names of these demons to know what kind of ideas you've been feeding into your head. Plus I have other reason.

Tryingtofindanswers, both you and i are seeking for answers, at least for some understanding we're going through.

Would be nice if someone takes you or me seriously. 

Cause i'm SURE i'm dealing with something supernatural in our home or around my kid 

I'm going to contact the Parapsychologic Institute in our country for advise now.

Best regards to all!