Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

MS Office Subscription

Keel M.

I've noticed that the newer version of Microsoft Office (now Office 365) is a yearly subscription. Is it worth the money to invest?  Are there valuable updates that make it worth the $70 yearly investment? Would I lose much if I just bought the Office Home & Student for PC?

I asked my hubby about this, since I am computer-illiterate.  He said you need to look at what is included in the Office Home and Student for PC to see if it includes all of the programs you will use.  If not, it might be a worthy investment to go with the Office 365.  With the Home and Student you would lose Publisher, Outlook and Access.   Hope that helps!  

Thanks. I have no use for any of those. Frankly, all I want is Word and Excel, but you can't buy those alone.

• Like 1

Well that stinks.   <_<

• Like 1

Why not look into free programs?

Go to sites like filehippo. com and look into programs like Libre Office or even search for Kingsoft office or the like.

I have Libre Office and while I rarely use the program it still has a decent spreadsheet program and they will open MS documents too.

• Like 2

Good point Ryu. I'd forgotten about Libre Office.

• Like 1