Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO dossier may be released after UK election

There's one for Jeremy Corbett. "Vote Labour and we'll release Britain's X-Files(TM)*!" 

* Which of course consist entirely of Nick Pope being baffled 

• Like 4

I would like to say i am looking forward to it, but i think it will mainly consist of reports of planes which had never been witnessed before by Arthur from the village while he was out planting his potatoes  and strange lights being reported by kenneth  from the town who had never seen farming at night before. 

Will be interesting to see the years these sightings were reported in.

imagine back in the days when planes were not regularly flying about and you see this flying over your little village : of course it was a UFO!

220px-DH.106_Comet_1_G-ALYW_BOAC_LAP_(2)

The de Havilland DH 106 Comet was the world's first commercial jetliner. Developed and manufactured by de Havilland at its Hatfield Aerodrome, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom headquarters, the Comet 1 prototype first flew on 27 July 1949.

12 minutes ago, freetoroam said:

I would like to say i am looking forward to it, but i think it will mainly consist of reports of planes which had never been witnessed before by Arthur from the village while he was out planting his potatoes  and strange lights being reported by kenneth  from the town who had never seen farming at night before. 

Will be interesting to see the years these sightings were reported in.

imagine back in the days when planes were not regularly flying about and you see this flying over your little village : of course it was a UFO!

220px-DH.106_Comet_1_G-ALYW_BOAC_LAP_(2)

The de Havilland DH 106 Comet was the world's first commercial jetliner. Developed and manufactured by de Havilland at its Hatfield Aerodrome, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom headquarters, the Comet 1 prototype first flew on 27 July 1949.

I think most people would've been fairly familiar with aircraft by 1949. They'd probably have seen loads during the war.

2 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I think most people would've been fairly familiar with aircraft by 1949. They'd probably have seen loads during the war.

After the war all shapes and sizes of planes were coming out,  even today we are still getting people querying strange lights in the sky which turn out to be helicopters or planes, so "back in the days"  after the war when the commercial planes were hitting the UK, they would have looked strange to some. 

1 minute ago, freetoroam said:

After the war all shapes and sizes of planes were coming out,  even today we are still getting people querying strange lights in the sky which turn out to be helicopters or planes, so "back in the days"  after the war when the commercial planes were hitting the UK, they would have looked strange to some. 

I don't know whether it would've been significantly more strange than, say, a Lancaster; it may have sounded different, but anyone would've recognised it as a plane. In fact, they'd probably have been familiar with it from the papers and British Pathé News; "Thaat be the new De 'Avilland DH106 Comet, thaat be. That be powered by four o' they new De 'Avilland Ghost reaction turbine engines, an' will be able to cruise at speeds 'itherto unattained. We be lookin' at the future o' commercial air travel, we be."

"Oi is not sure, Gideon, whether they 'as really satisfactorily determined the stresses on the airframe, though. i would not like to go up in one o' they things until it 'as been thoroughly proven in service." 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I don't know whether it would've been significantly more strange than, say, a Lancaster; it may have sounded different, but anyone would've recognised it as a plane. In fact, they'd probably have been familiar with it from the papers and British Pathé News; "Thaat be the new De 'Avilland DH106 Comet, thaat be. That be powered by four o' they new De 'Avilland Ghost reaction turbine engines, an' will be able to cruise at speeds 'itherto unattained. We be lookin' at the future o' commercial air travel, we be."

"Oi is not sure, Gideon, whether they 'as really satisfactorily determined the stresses on the airframe, though. i would not like to go up in one o' they things until it 'as been thoroughly proven in service." 

I can see them now:

canvas-print-of-old-men-on-park-bench.jp

• Like 1

We are working our way (ever so slowly) to disclosure. I sincerely doubt this will contain anything truly relevant, but we are obviously being groomed to be able to, as a society, handle life outside of our planet. If disclosure is left in the hands of governments with economic agendas at the forefront we will definately be told of simple life far before an admonition of intelligent life, but hey maybe we will get lucky and some form of intelligent species will take pity on the masses, the sheep I should say and make there presence known to all in some way.

11 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

At the Warbirds Over Canberra show back in August 2015, I heard aircraft that sounded like nothing I'd heard before (except on screen).

Perhaps they heard something outside their experience.

Sounds like more tap dancing to me.  I'm sure there will be yet another excuse after the elections,

It would be awesome if there was disclosure, but I don't see that happening, probably ever. The US wont even admit that they know anything about it at all.

Maybe classified planes that people were seeing? There could be entire design lines that the public is not even aware of. I seen a triangle ufo when I was 14, it really changed the way I looked at everything. I watched shows and stuff about ufos but was the typical never seen one so 95% sure they dont exist.  In the last 5 years I have pretty much figured that after WWII I am sure that most if not all ufos are classified projects. 

Edited by TheOtherSide1945