Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Explosions in Manchester

Torchwood

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40007886

Not much info at the moment but Greater Manchester Police have confirmed fatalities at a concert in Manchester.

One twitterer suggested a couple of large balloons popped and panic ensued. Whatever it was its blocked nearby railway lines. One eyewitness according to the Manchester Evening news http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-arena-explosion-evacuated-ariana-13075807 said it was near the ticket office and blew him off his feet.  

Sounds like a hell of a balloon.

Edited by Torchwood
  • Like 5

Try reading my status update....I followed this story from almost as soon as it was reported....links posted too

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, seeder said:

Try reading my status update....I followed this story from almost as soon as it was reported....links posted too

Seeder,It makes more sense to post updates here. Your status update will go off screen in a few hours.

• Like 6

Just now, Likely Guy said:

Seeder,It makes more sense to post updates here. Your status update will go off screen in a few hours.

I know buddy I was trying to say/imply....to check my status updates as Im right on it with the latest news... not that the OP cant do similar of course

• Like 5

As I said on my status...Ariane Grande, the pop singer Ive never heard of....has a young teen fan base.

If this is terror related.....and it must be.... what a totally sh*tty thing to do to kids... ggggrrrrr

• Like 6

Confirmed: 19 dead...

• Like 1

Does it seem that this was targeting children?  And Trump is in Israel.  Adding a new wrinkle to this.

• Like 4

second suspect device found....controlled explosion to take place. Second device near a train station

• Like 2

This reminds me of The Boston Marathon bombing...I'm just so horrified I can't even comment right now.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Does it seem that this was targeting children?  And Trump is in Israel.  Adding a new wrinkle to this.

No they were simply targeteting pensioners....you know....the kind of age group who like to go to pop concerts

sarcasm...and get clued up before posting please

• Like 3

The stampede trying to get out of the building probably got a lot of people injured too. Those poor kids and the parents who can't get to them.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

The stampede trying to get out of the building probably got a lot of people injured too. Those poor kids and the parents who can't get to them.

That was my thought too. :(

• Like 6

News say rumoured sources from the US suggest a suicide bomber....shrapnel found.... how the hell does the US know that so quick?

• Like 3

us does not,  but rumored sources do, or more like no sources, just reporters imagination, a lot more likely than anything else

• Like 3

News says bomb went off in foyer....aka the entrance. Having worked as a bouncer for close to 20 years....this may make sense, as its at the entrance/foyer that security will be searching you....BUT....as I always say.....when a story is breaking, its best to keep a calm head and wait for the facts...

• Like 5

How awful. I'll refrain from the things I really want to say for a little while.

As for what we know and how fast? It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that we'd have such quick intel from an allied source as close as England. A few months ago an attack in France (maybe? can't remember there's so many anymore) and it came out that Trump was being briefed on the situation shortly after it happened and I remember some people here making fun of that. What's he going to do, it's not his business hardy har har.... that type of stuff. Anyhow as it turned out an American or two was killed so it stands to reason the authorities knew that real fast and was likely the reason Trump was briefed so quickly on the matter.

Anyhow condolences to the victims of the worlds greatest enemy.

• Like 4

even bouncers cant stop some cork sucker pulling a string in his rucksack and blowing stuff up

• Like 2

This is shocking news....god, will it ever end.

• Like 5

Kith and kin have suffered a terrible tragedy tonight. I'm sick and I'm angry. 

• Like 9

First the despicable IRA bombing of '96, now this. Manchester has certainly had more than it's share of misery.

• Like 4

Bloody cowards going after children.  If they were such big bad terrorists, why do they go after the soldiers?  It just makes me sick.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, F3SS said:

How awful. I'll refrain from the things I really want to say for a little while.

As for what we know and how fast? It doesn't seem out of the realm of possibility that we'd have such quick intel from an allied source as close as England. A few months ago an attack in France (maybe? can't remember there's so many anymore) and it came out that Trump was being briefed on the situation shortly after it happened and I remember some people here making fun of that. What's he going to do, it's not his business hardy har har.... that type of stuff. Anyhow as it turned out an American or two was killed so it stands to reason the authorities knew that real fast and was likely the reason Trump was briefed so quickly on the matter.

Anyhow condolences to the victims of the worlds greatest enemy.

Trump is an idiot. I don't see how he's relevant to the conversation.

Maybe you're thinking of the attack near parliament?

• Like 1