Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Fidget spinners?

Clarakore

Who here themselves or have family members who use fidget spinners?

Any particular design, materials, or company you prefer?

Would metal ones be too heavy for children?

My 17 and 14 year old nieces both have one, for Anxiety. They have a plastic one. I'd say stick with plastic as its not heavy, so more suited to a child.

• Like 1

It depends on the type of metal or plastic used. I've held aluminum ones that are lighter then plastic ones. Plastic ones tend to have either ball bearings or steel in the "wings" of the spinner that makes them heavier. Some cheap plastic spinners are really hard while others have a more rubbery feel to them. If you are getting one for a child I would go for one of the rubbery ones. But don't pay more then $10 for one, any more then that is a waste of money. 

• Like 1

I guess it really depends on the age of the child and what they're comfortable holding. I wouldn't give these things to a really small child due to a possible choking hazard,since the spinners can come out. The plastic ones are ok, but don't seem to spin for as long or as quietly as the metal ones.

• Like 1

.Make your own if you can be arsed 

A guy at my work got one. We banned it after three days because it's hella distracting to everyone else.