Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Can human mortality really be hacked?

Claire.

Can Human Mortality Really Be Hacked?

It’s just after 10:30 a.m. on a pleasant weekday morning at SENS, a biotech lab in Mountain View, California. I’ve come to speak to its chief science officer, Aubrey de Grey. I find him sitting in his office, cracking open a bottle of Stone pale ale. “Would you like one?” he offers hospitably. De Grey drinks three or four pints of ale a day, and swears it hasn’t kept him from maintaining the same vigor he felt as a teenager in London.

Read more: Smithsonian.com

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Can Human Mortality Really Be Hacked?

It’s just after 10:30 a.m. on a pleasant weekday morning at SENS, a biotech lab in Mountain View, California. I’ve come to speak to its chief science officer, Aubrey de Grey. I find him sitting in his office, cracking open a bottle of Stone pale ale. “Would you like one?” he offers hospitably. De Grey drinks three or four pints of ale a day, and swears it hasn’t kept him from maintaining the same vigor he felt as a teenager in London.

Read more: Smithsonian.com

These simple ways to stopping the aging process (different from immortality) can be assumed to be frauds or at least hype that soon will be marketed.  

That doesn't mean it won't happen someday, but it's going to be a lot more complicated than, saying, preventing cancer.

• Like 3

Can they just cure aging already. I don't have the next thousand years to wait. <_<

• Like 2

Maybe they'll eventually be able to do something with stem cells, or cloning.

There is this guy, Peter Nygard:

Sounds like he's become somewhat of a human guinea pig of his own doing.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Future ghost said:

Can they just cure aging already. I don't have the next thousand years to wait. <_<

Eventually they will.  Nothing is impossible, we just don't know how to do everything yet.  Then again aging is actually a beneficial process to the species as a whole, just not the individual

• Like 1

I`m thinking we might be a hundred years off but hmm saving your dna might be good or bad. This vid is pretty cool.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

In the future, we will no doubt extend the human life-span, but with what quality of life?

Who wants to be nearly blind and/or deaf, with no teeth, stuck in a wheelchair, possibly with dementia, and unable to do anything much but breathe.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1