Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Video enhancers ?

Ronanmcd1980

Hi I caught something on video. It's 47 seconds long . Any video enhancing experts please get in touch . I'll try to attach a pic for reference 

Hi I caught something on video. It's 47 seconds long . Any video enhancing experts please get in touch . Screenshot pic too large for me to attach 

This is an actual sighting . Blue light was constantly in the video . Split second manifestation of some kind of animal or creature . 

44 minutes ago, Ronanmcd1980 said:

just upload the video and tell us what time reference to look at

or resize any image at places like this

http://www.picresize.com/

If you're using Windows, you can resize a pic using Paint.

Just right-click on the image and select Edit.

2 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Hi Ronanmcd1980, where are we looking?

Look at the bottom of the stool . Closest guy in the pic 

8 minutes ago, Ronanmcd1980 said:

Look at the bottom of the stool . Closest guy in the pic 

Sorry, I don't see it. What country was it taken in?

Just now, oldrover said:

Sorry, I don't see it. What country was it taken in?

It's a still from a video we took in Ireland . You can see the blue light , outline of some kind of creature . The original video was dark but the blue light was always there . I lightened the contrast etc . Can def see a leg of some kind 

6 minutes ago, Ronanmcd1980 said:

It's a still from a video we took in Ireland . You can see the blue light , outline of some kind of creature . The original video was dark but the blue light was always there . I lightened the contrast etc . Can def see a leg of some kind 

I can't see anything I'm sorry. It all looks perfectly natural to me. The picture quality isn't great, no offence you should see mine. 

Just now, oldrover said:

I can't see anything I'm sorry. It all looks perfectly natural to me. The picture quality isn't great, no offence you should see mine. 

Lol . You can't see anything? I've put the video through "filters "- that's why it looks crappy 

And I see a Chinese dragon head (in profile). Funny how the brain works. 

1 minute ago, SecretSanta said:

And I see a Chinese dragon head (in profile). Funny how the brain works. 

Ever seen anything like this before ? In the original video it shows as a blue light that's kind of "dancing"

Just now, Ronanmcd1980 said:

Ever seen anything like this before ? In the original video it shows as a blue light that's kind of "dancing"

With out seeing the video it's hard to say. The "blue light" could actually be a moth or some other type of insect flying around.

Any way you could post the video? 

10 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

With out seeing the video it's hard to say. The "blue light" could actually be a moth or some other type of insect flying around.

Any way you could post the video? 

Hopefully this link works 

38 minutes ago, Ronanmcd1980 said:

Lol . You can't see anything?

Neither do I.  Instead of LOLing, maybe you should consider that this is just pareidolia...

I've put the video through "filters "- that's why it looks crappy 

Mmm.  What filters?  Why did you choose them?  Do you understand how the filter actually works, and what sort of artifacting and noise you should expect in such imagery?  In what way have you verified the technique, eg used it to prove a 'known' in the past?

If you have pretty much any frame with a lot of detail in it, you can happily play with image filters (most of which add false detail) and thus create/invent all sorts of vague shapes that your brain can pattern match.  It's not a valid approach - people who genuinely use 'enhancements' for real research (ie forensic investigators) do not go about it that way, and generally, if something isn't obvious and well resolved in the original, valid (ie non-destructive/ non additive) enhancements will not do you much good.  I'm happy to list the 'real' enhancement methods, or explain why a particular filter is not useful if you want genuinely enhanced detail..

In this case, the scene is backlit by a few small light sources.  One of them is being reflected back by something on the floor.  That's about it.

I have to ask, what was the process by which you looked for / found it?  I'm going to take a wild guess you didn't see it at the time - so it was afterwards, and (given your titling) you were looking for something ghostly/spooky...?

Edited by ChrLzs
to fix grammar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

Neither do I.  Instead of LOLing, maybe you should consider that this is just pareidolia...

Mmm.  What filters?  Why did you choose them?  Do you understand how the filter actually works, and what sort of artifacting and noise you should expect in such imagery?  In what way have you verified the technique, eg used it to prove a 'known' in the past?

If you have pretty much any frame with a lot of detail in it, you can happily play with image filters (most of which add false detail) and thus create/invent all sorts of vague shapes that your brain can pattern match.  It's not a valid approach - people who genuinely use 'enhancements' for real research (ie forensic investigators) do not go about it that way, and generally, if something isn't obvious and well resolved in the original, valid (ie non-destructive/ non additive) enhancements will not do you much good.  I'm happy to list the 'real' enhancement methods, or explain why a 

In this case, the scene is backlit by a few small light sources.  One of them is being reflected back by something on the floor.  That's about it.

I have to ask, what was the process by which you looked for / found it?  I'm going to take a wild guess you didn't see it at the time - so it was afterwards, and (given your titling) you were looking for something ghostly/spooky...?

No lol not at all. Wasn't looking for anything spooky. Was on holiday with my Canadian girlfriend . She hadn't seen trad music before so recorded it. The blue light wasn't visible when she recorded. Afterwards we joked it could be a ghost only to hear from locals there is history of this stuff in that venue. I haven't altered the video in any way. Just used a free app to make "dark light white". Anyone else is free to "enhance " the video 

25 minutes ago, Ronanmcd1980 said:

No lol not at all. Wasn't looking for anything spooky. Was on holiday with my Canadian girlfriend . She hadn't seen trad music before so recorded it. The blue light wasn't visible when she recorded. Afterwards we joked it could be a ghost only to hear from locals there is history of this stuff in that venue. I haven't altered the video in any way. Just used a free app to make "dark light white". Anyone else is free to "enhance " the video 

Can you please post the original video (not the YouTube compressed one) to a file sharing site and provide the link, then I'll take a closer look.

https://www.dropbox.com/ has a free 2GB option, for example. 

If I can get a copy of the original, uncompressed, uncut video, it will help.

Edit: 47 seconds should be easy to share the uncompressed file somewhere. :tu:

What model phone was it recorded on? 

Also; 'split second manifestation' does sound like it's probably just a reflection.

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.

You'll see 2 people walk past the blue light . Right after the second guy passes the light vanishes... When it reappears is when the "thing appears " in the video. 

It's a light reflecting within the camera lens. The first guy doesn't pass in front/obstruct the light source, the second guy does. Very simple and seemingly obvious explanation. The movement of the light are due to camera shake.

Edit: After watching again, it's obviously a reflection of the light under the shelf on the back wall, the first guy doesn't obstruct it, the second guys head does as he walks past and that correlates exactly with when the reflection disappears. The general movement of the camera also directly correlates with the movement of the reflection as expected. 

Explained! :tu:

Also, you already replied to the above post on post#20, and comments like that are definitely not a great of way to start off in this community.

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 1

There is a good community here full of skeptics and believers, but you have to remember that it is a public discussion forum. You will get arguments from both sides. There are crazy claims posted here all the time, it's easy to get short with people and the discussions can get pretty passionate at times. 

If you just want people to agree with you and feed your belief then it's not really the right place to be. 

I can see you've taken down the videos now, that's fine of course, but if you decide to post more threads in the future, just keep in mind that there may be multiple opinions you don't agree with. It can get heated but it's better to keep it as civil as possible. 

I know it sounds like a lecture, but I'm just offering some advice.

All the best. 

• Like 4