Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A Whole New Jupiter

Waspie_Dwarf

A Whole New Jupiter: First Science Results from NASA’s Juno Mission

Early science results from NASA’s Juno mission to Jupiter portray the largest planet in our solar system as a complex, gigantic, turbulent world, with Earth-sized polar cyclones, plunging storm systems that travel deep into the heart of the gas giant, and a mammoth, lumpy magnetic field that may indicate it was generated closer to the planet’s surface than previously thought.

“We are excited to share these early discoveries, which help us better understand what makes Jupiter so fascinating,” said Diane Brown, Juno program executive at NASA Headquarters in Washington. "It was a long trip to get to Jupiter, but these first results already demonstrate it was well worth the journey.”

arrow3.gif  Read More: NASA

• Like 2

Jupiter is my favorite gas giant between the orbits of Mars and Saturn.

• Like 1

I always found Jupiter fascinating.  It would be amazing to be on one of his moons and to see the planet in the distance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

I always found Jupiter fascinating.  It would be amazing to be on one of his moons and to see the planet in the distance.

I have literally dreamt of that exact scenario.

• Like 1

the more questions answered the more questions there are.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, glorybebe said:

So have I, ever since read this book, way back in Junior High.                                  s-l1000.jpg                                                                            

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

So have I, ever since read this book, way back in Junior High.                                  s-l1000.jpg                                                                            

I will have to try and find that!