Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mystery SOS sign confuses police in Australia

Still Waters

Is it a hoax, or is someone in dire need of help?

An SOS sign made out of rocks has been spotted in a remote part of Western Australia, sparking fears someone - or some people - could be missing.

http://www.smh.com.au/national/mystery-sos-sign-found-in-a-remote-part-of-western-australias-kimberley-20170526-gwebne.html

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Gary Meadows said:

Sounds like a good movie premise.

Walkabout? Wolf Creek?

• Like 1

Maybe the person was rescued or found a way out.  If the person is still around, maybe he or she will speak up and solve the mystery.

• Like 2

While I hope no one is in distress, if this is a prank it's not a very nice one. Similar to calling 911 to complain about your fries being cold, and wasting everyone's time.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Future ghost said:

While I hope no one is in distress, if this is a prank it's not a very nice one. Similar to calling 911 to complain about your fries being cold, and wasting everyone's time.

But everyone deserves HOT FRIES!!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Future ghost said:

Well if it was, it was poorly executed since it wasn't noticed for at least several years.

• Like 2

Kids

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2017 at 5:24 PM, paperdyer said:

Maybe the person was rescued or found a way out.  If the person is still around, maybe he or she will speak up and solve the mystery.

You are close.

Updated:

Police believe they have solved the mystery of who created an SOS sign out of rocks in the remote north of Western Australia, saying a sailor rescued in 2013 has claimed responsibility.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-07/sos-rock-message-mystery-solved-after-tale-of-boat-wreck/8598380

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Still Waters said:

You are close.

Updated:

Explained-Mystery. Excellent!

• Like 3

I am writing a screenplay called *Robinson Crusoe's Cape Fear.

Edited by TripGun