Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Girl, 11, accuses school of war crime

Still Waters

An 11-year-old girl's assertion that her school was guilty of a war crime has gone viral.

Her father, Gavin Bell (also known as author Mason Cross), revealed on Twitter that she had gone rogue on a pupil feedback form.

She criticised the policy of punishing a whole class for one person's bad behaviour - by citing the Geneva Conventions.

"Not sure if I should ground her or buy her ice cream," Mr Bell mused.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-40056693

• Like 6

LOL. Look out for the teenage years. She's gonna be fun. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

LOL. Look out for the teenage years. She's gonna be fun. 

"Fun".... yeah, like Skydiving with a flamethrower. 

• Like 3

Nothing a cuff round ear holes won't cure

21 hours ago, Matt221 said:

Nothing a cuff round ear holes won't cure

Mmm...physical reprisals..how utterly predictable.

However we do not know what happened in the class so the validity of this is really not assured however I can attest to collective punishment as it happened many times when I was in school.

One incident was in grade school and a teachers pen was missing, naturally she assumed someone in my class took it and demanded we fess up but no one did so she mad all of us write 25 times "I will not steal" or something like that. (25 times is a lot for a small kid).

The sappy idea behind this being that the guilty one will feel "so" bad seeing his or her classmates being punished that they'd admit their "crime". Of course it is also quite possible that no one did it but the point was to punish everyone for some infraction.

That said I hope the girl keeps up this up and refuses to be treated unfairly just because of her age. If an adult wouldn't stand for being falsely punished then why should kids put up with it?

• Like 1

I would of got the cane when I was at school,in fact I well remember actually  doing so when I got home told my dad all he said was"bloody good job you won't do that again"seriously glad those days have gone I bought up 3 kids on my own being a single dad it wasn't easy but I made my mind up never to raise a finger to my kids and never did 

• Like 1

I imagine this 11-year-old looked something like this when her classmates in kindergarten criticized her finger-painting.

qvfpu.jpg