Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why would a group of people kill their friend

Ravenharp

On February 2014 3 young men killed a 17 year old boy in his car. The 17 year old was last seen at a Denny's eating food with these 3 people, described by a witness at the Denny's as looking like they came from the local chess club (nerds)... the cause of death was strangulation and they found the boy alone in his car early the next morning. 2 of the boys held him down, while they allowed the 3rd one to wrap his thighs around the 17 year old's neck, locking them together and squeezing. This killed him by suffocation.
No motive was revealed... I'm wondering why 3 nerds would go and do something like that. It kinda messed me up when I read about it because I have a friend who is a stereotypical nerd (he even wears a bowtie and suspenders).

• Like 1

Well, this certainly takes revenge of the nerds to a whole new level.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Future ghost said:

Well, this certainly takes revenge of the nerds to a whole new level.

But was it revenge though? 

Just now, Ravenharp said:

But was it revenge though? 

That's the first thing that came to mind. Maybe the "strangler" had been bullied by the victim and wanted revenge. Since he was probably not strong enough to do something about it on his own he got his friends to help him. Seems plausible.

• Like 1

This has nothing to do with their hobbies, and everything to do with the murderers being ill-adjusted individuals.

Edited by Podo
  • Like 2

Murderous, insane, psychopaths, dont have a age-limit. Here is just two cases:

`Slender Man stabbing´-  two 12-year-old girls lured another girl into the woods and stabbed her 19 times

Murder of 16yo Skylar Neese - killed by her two girl friends with over 50 stab wounds

Lock 'em up and throw away the key....evil b@astards.

• Like 3

Referring to that case where a nerd went and strangled some guy using his thighs. (He wrapped them around his neck, locked his feet and squeezed, eventually the victim suffocated. RIP.)

Wow that 'nerd' had pretty damn strong leg abductors... the guy he killed should really have valued his life a bit more, how hard is it to overpower someone's leg abductors with your entire body? Do nerds just happen to have freaky strong (yet deceptively thin) legs?  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wickian said:

Running from jocks I guess.

Maybe, but is that even a thing anymore? I know a nerd friend, he even wears suspenders and a bow tie, people see him as a cool chill guy. He wasn't bullied. 

5 minutes ago, Ravenharp said:

Maybe, but is that even a thing anymore? I know a nerd friend, he even wears suspenders and a bow tie, people see him as a cool chill guy. He wasn't bullied. 

I was joking mostly, but bullying itself is probably still a thing.  I don't know since I haven't been to a high school in many years now.

If I got to choose my death. I would replace the nerdy guy with a nerdy girl and have her strangle me to death with her thighs. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ravenharp said:

Referring to that case where a nerd went and strangled some guy using his thighs. (He wrapped them around his neck, locked his feet and squeezed, eventually the victim suffocated. RIP.)

Wow that 'nerd' had pretty damn strong leg abductors... the guy he killed should really have valued his life a bit more, how hard is it to overpower someone's leg abductors with your entire body? Do nerds just happen to have freaky strong (yet deceptively thin) legs?  

Actually it isn't extremely hard nor does it take extremely strong legs or abductors...

Look up "triangle choke" it's a Brazilian jiu jitsu blood choke cutting off blood flow to the carotid artery and if done properly can render one unconcious in 3-5 seconds and takes very little pure strength or energy.

I'm not saying thats what he did but sounds 'bout right,and any choke hold not done in a correct manner or released soon enough can kill!

I've seen a 5'6 145 lb'er choke out a 6'1 220 guy in seconds,big difference both knew what they were doing!

As i said not sure if that's exactly what he did or not,but it doesn't take a high level practitioner to pull it off...

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Actually it isn't extremely hard nor does it take extremely strong legs or abductors...

Look up "triangle choke" it's a Brazilian jiu jitsu blood choke cutting off blood flow to the carotid artery and if done properly can render one unconcious in 3-5 seconds and takes very little pure strength or energy.

I'm not saying thats what he did but sounds 'bout right,and any choke hold not done in a correct manner or released soon enough can kill!

I've seen a 5'6 145 lb'er choke out a 6'1 220 guy in seconds,big difference both knew what they were doing!

As i said not sure if that's exactly what he did or not,but it doesn't take a high level practitioner to pull it off...

The article mentioned his larynx was fractured/broken...

4 minutes ago, Ravenharp said:

The article mentioned his larynx was fractured/broken...

That can happen from either type choke,blood or wind...

The neck region is being constricted from both,as i said ANY type choke done incorrectly can be deadly!

The larynx isn't exactly something hard to destroy...

• Like 1

Ballet.

• Like 1

<<nerdwhohasstronglegsbecauseofballet

• Like 1

9 hours ago, EllJay said:

Murderous, insane, psychopaths, dont have a age-limit. Here is just two cases:

`Slender Man stabbing´-  two 12-year-old girls lured another girl into the woods and stabbed her 19 times

Murder of 16yo Skylar Neese - killed by her two girl friends with over 50 stab wounds

Lock 'em up and throw away the key....evil b@astards.

I agree with lock them up, evil part not so much. Good people sometimes make bad choices- who knows why? 

And sometimes,  there are bad people with bad intentions... 

So one cannot judge what pushed three 'nerds'(hate that term) to act in unison against someone for we so not.onow circumstances and motivation. 

One must be weary of.looking at something without taking everything into account.

Regarding the articles you posted- children shouldn't bare the brunt of humanity's problems. And those kids had issues...I feel sad that these tender minds would do that.

it's because they all vote Republican. 

:unsure: 

7 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

That can happen from either type choke,blood or wind...

The neck region is being constricted from both,as i said ANY type choke done incorrectly can be deadly!

The larynx isn't exactly something hard to destroy...

There were bruises on his neck too.

Though when people commented on that case they acted like it was a windpipe choke. Are a nerd's leg abductors strong enough to crush someone's windpipe until they die?

Very sad deep down nerds are cold blooded killers

Maybe they knew something about him, or he knew something about them... maybe they were playing around and it went too far. Maybe they wanted to kill for whatever reason, and this guy was their target. Maybe a bunch of other reasons too. The court transcripts and police paperwork could have some of those explanation details in them, so might the media if there was media on the case. What are the names on the case?

And I think perhaps you might want to leave the nerd aspect alone- folks from all sorts of types and walks of life are capable of murder. Even physically slighter or "gentler stereotype" people are capable of a choking lock.

• Like 1

On 5/26/2017 at 9:42 PM, CrimsonKing said:

Look up "triangle choke"

Or Goldeneye:

e041ebd862e51b0d6510baf47e225aaf.jpg