Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Interesting Story & New Info on Roswell

Marcella Ramey

I find this interview quite interesting.  Tell me what you think?

https://outthere.podbean.com/e/the-roswell-witness-a-mystery-within-a-mystery/

https://outthere.podbean.com/e/kinross-keyhoe-and-more-on-melvin-brown/

Edited by Marcella Ramey
better
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Marcella Ramey said:

Tell me what you think?

I feel like i just opened a treasure chest and got the monster horn.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Kurzweil said:

I feel like i just opened a treasure chest and got the monster horn.

Cute

41 minutes ago, Marcella Ramey said:

Tell me what you think?

:sleepy:

• Like 1

Wow tough crowd here.  Are you guys related to Phillip Klass by any chance?

• Like 3

Don't believe in Aliens and God. But will tell the children that Santa, Easter Bunny and The Tooth Fairy exist. :rofl:

Hi Marcella and welcome.  I read the pieces, I wasn't sure what is new either.  From my point of view, they are just stories, not much in the way of evidence.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marcella Ramey said:

Wow tough crowd here.  Are you guys related to Phillip Klass by any chance?

Welcome to UM!

A lot of wild claims get thrown around and regurgitated, it has gotten very old over time. That's just the way it is.

I used to be very open to ET and paranormal stuff, but the believers killed any optimism I had with their crappy irrational arguments. 

Can you please summarise what you find most interesting? 

Hey folks.  Thanks for the welcome.  Let's see here.  Well if anyone is expecting earth shattering evidence, it may be short of that.  I have followed Roswell somewhat to some extent and I always found with the testimonies that the weakest was the Browns.  They seemed very contradictory of their own story at times.  So this might explain some of it.  I myself had no idea that Melvin Brown was stationed in Scotland so some of this is new information to me.  Has anyone ever seen his military records before?   Was always curious about him.  Being a cook with special UFO pass never went over very well with me.   Maybe that's how the alien's hairs got in the soup?

Also.  Did any of you ever hear about the Roswell witnesses going thru any special type of therapy after the incident?  Something to ponder here if they were all treated in a similar way. 

• Like 1

Isn't everyone a witness now?

That is true.  Anyone that comes here in a sense is a witness.  I would like to say 'Hi' to all the witnesses out there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 5:24 AM, Marcella Ramey said:

Also.  Did any of you ever hear about the Roswell witnesses going thru any special type of therapy after the incident?  Something to ponder here if they were all treated in a similar way. 

At the time when the Roswell incident happened people didn't do much in the way of therapy. For one thing these were people that have lived through the horrors of WW2 and compared to that what happened at Roswell to be upset about? 

I don't know what exactly happened there but it was not a weather balloon! What sort of idiot can't tell the difference between a rubber balloon and a metal aircraft? Then they have gone through a couple of other lies crash dummies, spying on the Russians nuclear program... Each time they say, but this time it is the truth. You needed to tell the truth the first time. After that you don't have a very high believably index. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DanL said:

At the time when the Roswell incident happened people didn't do much in the way of therapy. For one thing these were people that have lived through the horrors of WW2 and compared to that what happened at Roswell to be upset about? 

Some very valid points.

Ms 'Ramey'.. even after reading your follow up comments I still have little idea of what the 'new info' is.  Like others here, I am here for discussion, not links that will almost certainly be a disappointment, given past experience.

So may I suggest you'll get much more interest if you summarise what is at the link (btw, is it your site?) and why you think it worthy (what is the info, who from, why is it believable, what is the backstory (not about Roswell, but why *now*), is it in any way verifiable...

If it is just a new story that can't be verified/supported, then I'll pass. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DanL said:

...I don't know what exactly happened there but it was not a weather balloon! What sort of idiot can't tell the difference between a rubber balloon and a metal aircraft?

Yeah, right on

... so ...

to help elevate me so I'm no longer an idiot, on those pictures of the debris can you point me to the parts that are clearly from a metal aircraft?  Thanks! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

Ms 'Ramey'.. even after reading your follow up comments I still have little idea of what the 'new info' is.  Like others here, I am here for discussion, not links that will almost certainly be a disappointment, given past experience.

So may I suggest you'll get much more interest if you summarise what is at the link (btw, is it your site?) and why you think it worthy (what is the info, who from, why is it believable, what is the backstory (not about Roswell, but why *now*), is it in any way verifiable...

If it is just a new story that can't be verified/supported, then I'll pass. 

I find it interesting but for some others,  maybe not.  There was never much information on the Melvin Brown and the interviews of his family were always suspicious and lacking any detail.  I never knew the Roswell witnesses went thru any type of therapy so that's new to me any way.  If this person really has Melvin Brown's  military assignments that is something new as well.  Timothy Good's book was the only thing I recall that had documents of Melvin which this person also claims but claims he has more.

Edited by Marcella Ramey
Reason for believing

Yeah, right on

... so ...

to help elevate me so I'm no longer an idiot, on those pictures of the debris can you point me to the parts that are clearly from a metal aircraft?  Thanks! 

Are we referring to the photo of Jesse Marcel holding a part of a balloon with a disappointing look on his face?  While Roger Ramey is holding the supposedly secret memo with all the good stuff written on it being zoomed up and studied with new computer technology 6-7 decades later?  I thought I understood it base on Jessie Marcel Jr's book and elsewhere that it was not the 'real' Roswell debris that was in that photo at all but balloon parts to make Jesse look like a complete idiot. 

Edited by Marcella Ramey
Reason for believing

Like others here, I am here for discussion, not links that will almost certainly be a disappointment, given past experience.

Tough crowd here.  Maybe I should just stick my head in the sand?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marcella Ramey said:

Tough crowd here.  Maybe I should just stick my head in the sand?

hey, don't get put off by me - I'm the resident annoying skeptic.. :D  I'd be happy to discuss.. but you still haven't made me any wiser!  You should read your posts again and imagine you are completely unfamiliar with what is on the website you linked to (that I haven't been to).

I think you'd have to agree that from what you have posted here, it is still very unclear what this is about..

BTW, if you are going to make claims about deliberately planted false 'evidence' like the balloon bits, you need to consider *all* the photos of alleged Roswell debris (do you or Dan have some that show non-balloon bits?), and also you need to make a proper case for your claim / handwave that it was done to make Marcel look an idiot.

This tale is already way, way too full of handwaves and unsupported claims.  Just the facts, ma'am - just the verifiable facts..

Edited by ChrLzs
to add the purple bit
  • Like 2

BTW, for those who know the Roswell case really well......

Yes, I have indeed baited a couple of hooks and cast my line out.   :whistle:

• Like 2

Rosewell is and interesting case study for sociology or anthropology..nothing more and certainly not about aliens

The Kenneth Arnold sighting was less then a month prior go figure

I mean seriously?   a technologicaly advanced species arrives at Earth light years from there home or even from from another dimension who knows..     and they crash there vehicle here ?      

4199675334_66c3e3d61d_z.jpg

2 hours ago, khol said:

Rosewell is and interesting case study for sociology or anthropology..nothing more and certainly not about aliens

Only place in the world where atomic bombs were tested at the time.  I guess maybe just people bored gathered around a camp fire making up stories.

2 hours ago, khol said:

The Kenneth Arnold sighting was less then a month prior go figure

Yes.  if he would have described prehistoric birds bouncing along the water, it might have gave the Roswell story more credibility.  The nerve of that guy Kenneth Arnold!!!!    Besides who would have two first names like that?  I bet he liked to see his name in print.