Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Kushner: Secret channel with Russia

Unusual Tournament

Jared Kushner, Russian ambassador 'discussed secret communication channel'

White House adviser Jared Kushner discussed with the Russian ambassador to the US the idea of setting up a back channel of communication between President Donald Trump and President Vladimir Putin, sources said.

Mr Kushner had at least three previously undisclosed contacts with ambassador Sergei Kislyak during and after the 2016 presidential campaign, seven current and former US officials said.

After the election, Mr Kushner and Mr Flynn also discussed with Mr Kislyak the idea of creating a back channel between Mr Trump and Mr Putin that could have bypassed diplomats and intelligence agencies, two of the sources said.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-27/kushner-had-previously-undisclosed-contact-with-russia:-sources/8565256

If this is true, and there is no reason why it wouldn't be. One has to wonder why team Trump choose to bypass government apparatus, like the FBI, CIA, NSA and the state department to have direct and uninterrupted contact with Putin.

17 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

I heard something a while back about this.  Something about Blackwater being involved too.  Lemme see if I can google it: http://www.businessinsider.com/erik-prince-trump-russia-2017-4

Is there anyone who really thinks a nobody (at the time) like Kushner would have gotten into something like this without Trump approving and being involved to his eyeballs?  I'm not convinced, though, that it was traitorous behavior -- it may have just been stupid naiveté and ignorance of Russian government behavior.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

If this is true, and there is no reason why it wouldn't be. One has to wonder why team Trump choose to bypass government apparatus, like the FBI, CIA, NSA and the state department to have direct and uninterrupted contact with Putin.

They just should have set up a secret Server in Trump's bathroom. Then they could have contacted each other without having to worry about sharing anything with the rest of the Government....

Humm... where do you suppose I got that idea from?

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 3

Mr Kushner had at least three previously undisclosed contacts with ambassador Sergei Kislyak during and after the 2016 presidential campaign, seven current and former US officials said.

After the election, Mr Kushner and Mr Flynn also discussed with Mr Kislyak the idea of creating a back channel between Mr Trump and Mr Putin that could have bypassed diplomats and intelligence agencies, two of the sources said.

Undisclosed to whom? I wonder?

The media? Must everything be disclosed to the media? 

Apparently someone found out about it. Presumably from the Russians, right? Does that sound like the Russians are trying to collude with Kushner? If they were, they probably would have kept quiet about it, not went on the 6 o'clock news and yelled it from the rooftops.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, DieChecker said:

Undisclosed to whom? I wonder?

The media? Must everything be disclosed to the media? 

If you owned a big piece of the Media and enjoyed being the King-Maker last time around, wouldn't you want to hang on to that kind of Power?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Didn't we have something called the Red Phone during the Cold War?

Since the Dems want a new Cold War with Russia, why not bring it back?

And since those Intel agencies have been hostile to Trump, why would he trust them to help him prep for the Presidency, escpecially with Obama still in control of them?

And honestly, is it illegal to talk to Russians now? For me?

For you?

3 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

And since those Intel agencies have been hostile to Trump, why would he trust them to help him prep for the Presidency, escpecially with Obama still in control of them?

For you?

Yea -- that's kinda how I see it -- something really, really stupid on Trump's part.  He does all sorts of stupid things all the time, so why not this?  That it is illegal (there are things ordinary people can do that have to be reported when a person with security clearance does them) and gives the strong impression that he was plotting with the Russians to have them help him win the election would never enter his head -- he's too "smart."

12 hours ago, DieChecker said:

They just should have set up a secret Server in Trump's bathroom. Then they could have contacted each other without having to worry about sharing anything with the rest of the Government....

Humm... where do you suppose I got that idea from?

You're thinking of Clinton. Clinton whilst having bad judgement didn't volunteer to be a willing mole for the Russians. Trump and Kushner decided to. 

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

For you?

The red phone or other lines of communication are not the issue. Trump wanted a secret line of communication to Putin, to be organised by the Russians so American secret services and political leaders could be left outta the loop. If you can't trust your own people then what is Trump doing being president of the USA. 

I find this very disturbing. Dare i say that Trump is far too familiar to Russian interests. Something is just not right. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

You're thinking of Clinton. Clinton whilst having bad judgement didn't volunteer to be a willing mole for the Russians. Trump and Kushner decided to. 

Got Proof?

All I hear is innuendo that would be thrown right out of court for being purely Circumstantial.  And after hearing a laundry-list of very real criminal behavior that Hillary was excused from, you'd better make a damn good case if you want anyone to pay any attention.

And BTW- how are you going to step back from this if you are wrong?

Actually, I should be asking the Govt/Media complex about that. THEY are the ones that are getting their base all worked up about this.

• Like 1

Just now, AnchorSteam said:

Got Proof?

All I hear is innuendo that would be thrown right out of court for being purely Circumstantial.  And after hearing a laundry-list of very real criminal behavior that Hillary was excused from, you'd better make a damn good case if you want anyone to pay any attention.

And BTW- how are you going to step back from this if you are wrong?

Actually, I should be asking the Govt/Media complex about that. THEY are the ones that are getting their base all worked up about this.

My proof is connecting all the fact by way of reason. If Trump wanted a red phone or another direct line of communication then all he had to do was order one. Acting like a secretive thief and trying to organise one through the Russians hints at two things... one, he is compromised and two, he is a fool. 

FYI, circumstantial evidence is enough to convict someone. If Trump was a CEO of a company and he tried to organise this with the head of the rival corporation he worked for he would have been convicted or the very lease forced to resigned. Thank god we have a free media and legal system that can ascertain these facts. Otherwise Trump would have compromised the country he pretends to wanna make great again. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

My proof is connecting all the fact by way of reason. ... 

How about links to concrete facts?

Every single article I have ever seen on this subject from the Leftist Press is all full of sounds and thunder... and at the end of the article is nothing but "un-named" or "anonymous" sources, and a S--t-load of disclaimers.

Its Tabloid journalism gone main-stream, in fact.

And it is really going off the deep-end. No... gone, long gone. Two scoops, Jeez! And it is a shame, you might even have had something, but after six months of Crying Wolf, who do you expect is going to care?

Trump never sold interest to 20% of the Uranium mines in America to the Russians, that was a Clinton job, and the links are easy to find & post. Poeple don't deny that the Clintons are monstrously corrupt, they just make excuses for them. 

But carry on, Mr. Govt Agent (you need a new tag! :P ) , at least we have a President that the Media is willing to investigate, for the first time in nearly a decade. Do what you can to keep him honest, and let us know if you ever get something concrete. Just try to keep it real, okay?

It's called smoke and something is generating a lot of it.  Reagan and the two Bush Presidents were conservative too, but not quite so corrupt and so didn't create so much smoke.  Reporters don't get very far reporting things that turn out to be false, and great newspapers have the same world to live in.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

My proof is connecting all the fact by way of reason. If Trump wanted a red phone or another direct line of communication then all he had to do was order one. Acting like a secretive thief and trying to organise one through the Russians hints at two things... one, he is compromised and two, he is a fool. 

FYI, circumstantial evidence is enough to convict someone. If Trump was a CEO of a company and he tried to organise this with the head of the rival corporation he worked for he would have been convicted or the very lease forced to resigned. Thank god we have a free media and legal system that can ascertain these facts. Otherwise Trump would have compromised the country he pretends to wanna make great again. 

It's a bit too much, secret communication with a major foreign state during an election -- a state known to not be entirely friendly with the US.  The thing is, the main members of the Trump team filed for security clearance and failed to mention these contacts -- that has got to be illegal in some way or another.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

It's called smoke and something is generating a lot of it.  Reagan and the two Bush Presidents were conservative too, but not quite so corrupt and so didn't create so much smoke.  Reporters don't get very far reporting things that turn out to be false, and great newspapers have the same world to live in.

Re: Highlighted...

Seriously??? :lol:

Did you sleep through the 1980's(and 90's) and then again in the 2000's?

I don't want to derail the thread so I won't go through the lists... and lists... of fires, nevermind "smoke" :lol:

43 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Trump never sold interest to 20% of the Uranium mines in America to the Russians, that was a Clinton job, and the links are easy to find & post.

I started a thread back in August 2016 you may find interesting to read... It lists the 8 other Department Heads that signed off on the uranium deal, and their prior attachments to the Clintons...

That was back in Aug 2016 when all this BS of "Russian hacking" was surfacing... Which solely started from the corrupt DNC in June 2016, with the disgraced Debbie Wasserman Schultz at its head, combined with "cyber security experts" Crowdstrike, whose Founder and head-tech, Dmitri Alperovitch has ties to Hillary Clinton herself going back to 2010.

I called BS on Trump/Russia collusion or whatever back then, and I STILL haven't seen a shred of evidence put forth to give me reason to think otherwise.

On the other hand... I've seen PLENTY of evidence of Hillary/Obama and co. doing some of the exact things that they and their corporate/political supporters accuse Trump of being guilty of.

• Like 1

All Presidents have had back door diplomatic channels with foreign powers both great and small. Kennedy's was the Billionaire Armand Hammer. During the Cuban Missile Crisis having that channel help avert a possible nuclear war. As far as I've read of the Left's current red herring de jour,no laws have been broken. It's just that--gasp!--Kushner talked to Russians.

• Like 2

This family MUST have a secret treehouse somewhere where they can meet and discuss world issues. There must be a secret password, a handshake,  and probably a scrap wood ladder used to access the highest levels.  

17 minutes ago, nellandwinnie said:

This family MUST have a secret treehouse somewhere where they can meet and discuss world issues. There must be a secret password, a handshake,  and probably a scrap wood ladder used to access the highest levels.  

No, that's Scotland.

Russians are bad angle is getting so played out.

Edited by WoIverine

44 minutes ago, nellandwinnie said:

Yes. With a cohort of lawyers guarding it. 

1 hour ago, Lemieux said:

Re: Highlighted...

Seriously??? :lol:

Did you sleep through the 1980's(and 90's) and then again in the 2000's?

I don't want to derail the thread so I won't go through the lists... and lists... of fires, nevermind "smoke" :lol:

I didn't sleep through the 80's, 90's and 00. I remember one particular president that was nearly impeached for copping a bit of head. Not making dubious secret deals or wasting time not introducing legislation like health care and tax reform. Of course the media and the republicans saw a lot of smoke there. 

You would be amazed at how many articles still get published that dangle impeachment like it's going to happen. The media keeps repeating this mantra of "WHEN Trump is impeached", while simultaneously using every resource they have to build a flimsy, porous, boogeyman reason: Russia.

• Like 3