Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Who would you take fashion advice from?

reecejackox

Someone that I know personally would be my sister who has good fashion sense and designed sportswear for a small company when she was in her early 20's for a couple of years. Professionally speaking I am fond of Ralph Lauren. What about you reecejackox?

• Like 2

Stacy and Clinton from the show What Not to a Wear (sadly it's not on anymore).

They were good at showing a person what works for their body type. 

• Like 1

Just don't take any fashion advice from me, unless you like jeans and T-shirts, shorts and T-shirts, or underpants and T-shirts when feeling particularly lazy :yes:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LV-426 said:

Just don't take any fashion advice from me, unless you like jeans and T-shirts, shorts and T-shirts, or underpants and T-shirts when feeling particularly lazy :yes:

Two simple rules -- dress as others do and make sure it fits.

Being short and kinda pear shaped, I had to have my suits tailored in Vietnam, but I think when well done I looked great (well at least as great as was possible for me).

• Like 1

If you're wearing anything other than cargo shorts and a tshirt, you're already gonna look better than most guys out there. Homeless people during the Great Depression dressed better than people do now! 

PersonalLy, I just dress clean and casual. A button down or Polo (I'm fond of RL, Brooks Brothers and Fred Perry) for a top. For jeans, either dark or light blue, no whiskering, tears or anything like that. If not jeans, a nice pair of casual chinos. I don't even own any shorts. For shoes, I'm in love with Red Wing boots and Allen Edmond oxfords. I rarely wear sneakers, but if I do, just plain Jane grey New Balance.

Never skimp on a belt or shoes! A nice, thick, quality belt really sets off a look. Consider having one custom made. 

Also, if you workout and have a v-taper, consider having your shirts brought in just a little at the waist. Not too much so that you look like a tool, just enough to look good tucked in. 

Consider a nice watch, also. For the budget minded, Invicta and Orient represent an awesome value. I know of people who collect high end watches who wear these brands casually, so that should tell you something.

Nobody. Why should I? I genuinely haven't thought of 'what's appropriate' or 'how I should dress' since high school. 

That being said I basically wear jeans 24/7 even in the heat and a t shirt. 

I'd take fashion advice from @Sherapy because she's so good with a camera, as evidenced by her ever-changing selfie avatars.

• Like 1

Brian Ferry

:yes:

Whatever girl I would be trying to impress, otherwise I don't care what people think of my attire.

7 hours ago, Podo said:

I'd take fashion advice from @Sherapy because she's so good with a camera, as evidenced by her ever-changing selfie avatars.

Awww, thank you Podo. Garsh :wub::wub::wub::wub::D

• Like 1