Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gregg Allman dead at 69

BrooklynGuy

Gregg Allman dead at 69

Gregg Allman, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and Allman Brothers Band co-founder, has died. He was 69. "Gregg struggled with many health issues over the past several years," a statement posted to the flaxen-haired crooner's official website read, referring to a 1999 hepatitis C diagnosis and a 2010 liver transplant. "During that time, Gregg considered being on the road playing music with his brothers and solo band for his beloved fans, essential medicine for his soul. Playing music lifted him up and kept him going during the toughest of times." Allman found fame alongside older brother Duane with their popular southern rock band, which the pair founded in 1969 alongside Dickey Betts, Berry Oakley, Butch Trucks and Jai Johanny “Jaimoe” Johanson.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gregg-allman-dead-69-report-article-1.3201030

• Like 2

Sad news.

This is a big one. :( 

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 3

A large number of music celebrities seem to die in their late 60s. I have a feeling this is from living in the fast lane for so many years. This is very sad but a lifetime of whiskey, drugs, rock and roll will shorten anyone's life span.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Lilly said:

A large number of music celebrities seem to die in their late 60s. I have a feeling this is from living in the fast lane for so many years. This is very sad but a lifetime of whiskey, drugs, rock and roll will shorten anyone's life span.

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Sad news.

This is a big one. :( 

58 minutes ago, susieice said:

Just posted this myself because I didn't see your thread. Mods, please remove it. Thanks.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/27/entertainment/gregg-allman-obituary/

WOW! A big part of my youth! RIP Gregg :cry:

My thoughts exactly ZZ, Lilly and suseice, very sad news about a very talented musician.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

My thoughts exactly ZZ, Lilly and suseice, very sad news about a very talented musician.

I started this same topic 4 minutes after yours, I must have been typing while you were posting.

Yes, he had his problems, but he cleaned up and I thought he was going to live out his life making the music he established. Truly a legend in Southern Rock.

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

I started this same topic 4 minutes after yours, I must have been typing while you were posting.

Yes, he had his problems, but he cleaned up and I thought he was going to live out his life making the music he established. Truly a legend in Southern Rock.

In the video in my post from CNN, Allman talks about his liver transplant. He had Hep C, but it's still ironic that he died from liver cancer.

What a legend! 

ZZ...we both posted threads about this. I didn't see this one in the Movies, Music...forum. That was weird, but the mods did take out mine. 

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

He WAS the 70's in my memories.  Just listening to MIDNIGHT RIDER....  RIP Greg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 6:58 PM, Lilly said:

You would definitely think so, but then again:

Related image