Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pressure Cooker at NJ Airport

Lilly

What's rather funny (in a dark sort of way) is that I found an old pressure cooker that my Mom used to cook with way back when. I thought about putting it in the recycle box, but then I had a second thought. I wouldn't want anyone using it for nefarious purposes nor would I want homeland security knocking on my door for having put it into recycling. So much angst over an old piece of cooking equipment!

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

What's rather funny (in a dark sort of way) is that I found an old pressure cooker that my Mom used to cook with way back when. I thought about putting it in the recycle box, but then I had a second thought. I wouldn't want anyone using it for nefarious purposes nor would I want homeland security knocking on my door for having put it into recycling. So much angst over an old piece of cooking equipment!

bent it out of shape. and throw it away, separately from its lid, or cut it in half with a sawzall

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

A pressure cooker in trash by the curb wouldn't raise much of an alarm.  If I saw one in a bag at an airport, I'd definitely be warning people and moving away.  It was probably a test of reactions by police.  If it was a prank, it's the stupid kind that could get the prankster an up close and personal look at how LEO's treat idiots.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, aztek said:

bent it out of shape. and throw it away, separately from its lid, or cut it in half with a sawzall

Might be a bit hard for a female to do!  Easiest option is to trash the pan one week, the locking lid the next week...... that way no part is good without the other

Or just take to a recycling centre

• Like 3

probably not for a female, thou some females are pretty handy with tools, but i'm sure she can find someone to help. 

53 minutes ago, aztek said:

probably not for a female, thou some females are pretty handy with tools, but i'm sure she can find someone to help. 

My wife's a better carpenter than I so I think a lot of the ladies could handle a sawzall.  I hear we have a pipe fitter among us here that hails from Tennessee. :) 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, aztek said:

My son could trash it for sure (he's huge and a black belt). However, it's currently just sitting on a shelf in my garage...I suspect I'll just leave it there.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Lilly said:

My son could trash it for sure (he's huge and a black belt). However, it's currently just sitting on a shelf in my garage...I suspect I'll just leave it there.

just drill a few holes in it...then trash it, it wont hold pressure with holes!

Tho to be fair, all the terrorists so far have bought NEW pressure cookers from whatever shops

I dont think they are looking in junk shops for OLD PANS

• Like 2

8 hours ago, seeder said:

Might be a bit hard for a female to do!  Easiest option is to trash the pan one week, the locking lid the next week...... that way no part is good without the other

Now THAT is a damn good idea!

Kudos.

• Like 1