Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Awkward Trump handshake a 'moment of truth'

keithisco

19 hours ago, and then said:

Maybe Macron should have taken the 70 year - old down in a wrestling move.  THAT'D show us...

The French people were bullied/threatened  into believing that if they read up about him online they would be lawfully in trouble.

ETA - They suppressed the truth from the French people & I believe they stole that election from them as well.

Edited by Ellapennella

23 hours ago, keithisco said:

Perhaps the new French President just had sweaty palms...

Read more.

Clearly Macron is a real toughy then...:rofl:

Have you ever had a friend that liked to embellish all his stories?

"I totally kicked his a$$ bro! You should have seen me. I did that thing that Floyd Mayweather does, with the hook? Yeah bro just BAM right in his face!"

Meanwhile, you and your other friends are looking at each other in disbelief - you all saw your loudmouth buddy get laid out cold. Macron is putting on a big face but he doesn't have control of his own country, let alone Trump's respect. After all, France is infested with radicals, America is not. I bet Macron is talking to the mirror right now, trying to reassure himself that he can actually do this job.

Edit to add--

Let's not forget, Trump wrote a bestseller called "The Art of the Deal". The ART of the deal. He knows more about first impressions and handshakes than he does about being President. A sniveling little Frenchman is not going to intimidate this guy.

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 1

Remember that Macron is still in the middle of an election, although he was elected in and appointed his staff a few weeks ago, the rest of the house will be elected on June 11th and 18th. So there may be some message for the locals which we are unaware of. I'll look into it in a few days, but things are rather busy on my side.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, and then said:

Yes, he's an over-the-top, brash alpha-male type.  At 30 that's typical in professional circles, yes?  Age doesn't seem to tame that type and it can seem silly at 70. My only point was that the article, like all the others, seek to embarrass, even humiliate the man.  It says nothing about him and everything about his detractors.  As to the rest of the world thinking it's rude, pathetic and childish, which world are you speaking of?  It sure doesn't sound like the reality I know.  Power and dominance rules this world and it always has done.  I believe that will change one day but today is not that day.

And Trump has none. Neither power nor dominance. It's painful to watch his desperate attempts to grab the attention and look important. It's not just highly abnormal handshake and his refusal to notice that people are not intimidated with it, but morbidly amused and/or insulted. 

It's also the ridiculously exact Mussolini impersonation that Trump keeps doing. Puffed chest, chin unnaturally high, scanning around in 'dominant' pose with lower lip stuck out... Mussolini, god damn it, the only difference is that Mussolini didn't hide his baldness. 

And these are just the superficial symptoms of the deep, horrifying disease. 

May God help you see the actual situation before it's too late. I'm not kidding. That guy is destroying you. At alarming rate.

Anyone can make a mistake, there's no shame in it. But refusing to see and mend it - that's not just shameful, that's self-destructive and plain stupid.    

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

To Fox Trump was a big hit in Europe.  The fact is he dismayed everyone from the Pope down.  The only people who seemed to like him were the Saudi's, but of course they got permission to buy a whole lot of stuff they could destroy our friends with.

Countries like Germany and France are not to be dismissed; treating them with arrogance and stupidity harms US interest immensely.  We will need their help someday, and as things are now we won't get it -- nor Canada or Britain or Mexico or even S Korea.

Maybe the Russians can save the day.

I still can't believe Trump's behavior in Brussels.  Germany is fourth or fifth larges economy in the world, and one the US would desperately need.  Arrogant, stupid behavior.  The man is a disaster.

• Like 1

On ‎2017‎-‎05‎-‎28 at 1:05 PM, and then said:

Maybe Macron should have taken the 70 year - old down in a wrestling move.  THAT'D show us...

Like a body slam :rofl: .....