Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Awkward Trump handshake a 'moment of truth'

keithisco

Perhaps the new French President just had sweaty palms...

French President Emmanuel Macron has said his clenched handshake with Donald Trump was "not innocent" and was a "moment of truth".

The awkward encounter saw each grip the other's hand so firmly that their knuckles turned white .

Mr Macron told French media he had wanted to "show he would not make small concessions, not even symbolic ones, but also not overdo things".

The leaders met in Brussels on Thursday ahead of a Nato summit.

As their vigorous handshake continued over several seconds, Mr Macron and Mr Trump also looked each other fixedly in the eyes until the US president attempted to disengage.

Read more.

Clearly Macron is a real toughy then...:rofl:

• Like 3

Maybe Macron should have taken the 70 year - old down in a wrestling move.  THAT'D show us...

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, and then said:

Maybe Macron should have taken the 70 year - old down in a wrestling move.  THAT'D show us...

That would have been awesome

• Like 2

never ceases to surprise me how infinitely petty these supposedly great men of power....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

Your fragile septuagenarian is the one who is attempting to wrestle people instead of politely shake their hands. 

He thinks it's the way to establish domination, while the rest of the (sane) world thinks it's rude, pathetic and childish.

We can only hope Trump is as fragile as you suggest, so arthritis will stop him there, where reason couldn't.       

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Your fragile septuagenarian is the one who is attempting to wrestle people instead of politely shake their hands. 

He thinks it's the way to establish domination, while the rest of the (sane) world thinks it's rude, pathetic and childish.

We can only hope Trump is as fragile as you suggest, so arthritis will stop him there, where reason couldn't.       

He has to hold on tight cause of those tiny little hands of his.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, he's an over-the-top, brash alpha-male type.  At 30 that's typical in professional circles, yes?  Age doesn't seem to tame that type and it can seem silly at 70. My only point was that the article, like all the others, seek to embarrass, even humiliate the man.  It says nothing about him and everything about his detractors.  As to the rest of the world thinking it's rude, pathetic and childish, which world are you speaking of?  It sure doesn't sound like the reality I know.  Power and dominance rules this world and it always has done.  I believe that will change one day but today is not that day.

• Like 2

Personally, I think Macron has come out of this as looking like the foolish and immature Rothschild puppet that he really is.

Mr Macron told French media he had wanted to "show he would not make small concessions, not even symbolic ones, but also not overdo things

This Macron statement just shows him as a fatuous, self-important little man.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, keithisco said:

Personally, I think Macron has come out of this as looking like the foolish and immature Rothschild puppet that he really is.

This Macron statement just shows him as a fatuous, self-important little man.

Well, then him and trump should get along just swimmingly. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, quiXilver said:

never ceases to surprise me how infinitely petty these supposedly great men of power....

And what surprises me even more...is how infinitely petty the media can be...even over a handshake. :rolleyes:..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Astra. said:

And what surprises me even more...is how infinitely petty the media can be...even over a handshake. :rolleyes:..

Have you never seen fox news?

4 minutes ago, Imaginarynumber1 said:

Have you never seen fox news?

Oh yeah, Iv'e seen them all. It's gotten to the point that I'd rather listen to the commercials. 

Listen to Fox news  they are the only station that reports the facts and our not unbalanced:)

7 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Listen to Fox news  they are the only station that reports the facts and our not unbalanced:)

Hahaha. Hahaha.

Oh man. Thanks for the laugh.

• Like 1

To Fox Trump was a big hit in Europe.  The fact is he dismayed everyone from the Pope down.  The only people who seemed to like him were the Saudi's, but of course they got permission to buy a whole lot of stuff they could destroy our friends with.

Countries like Germany and France are not to be dismissed; treating them with arrogance and stupidity harms US interest immensely.  We will need their help someday, and as things are now we won't get it -- nor Canada or Britain or Mexico or even S Korea.

Maybe the Russians can save the day.

• Like 1

Trump pushing is way to the front, past Montenegro Prime Minister. Brilliant. Trump a Giant amongst pygmies.

• Like 3

I bet Macron's grip won't be as firm in 2020 :yes:

Dwayne-Johnson-640x648.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, keithisco said:

Perhaps the new French President just had sweaty palms...

Read more.

Clearly Macron is a real toughy then...:rofl:

Macron's a bit of a spoilt brat if you ask me -

and that probably comes from being seduced by his teacher and future wife at the age of 15 -
then indulged by her and everyone else as he was groomed for power -

:ph34r:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bee said:

and that probably comes from being seduced by his teacher and future wife at the age of 15 -

On the upside, his story will make a great Made-for-TV Movie one day :lol:

• Like 1

wow this frenchy dude is really lame, lmao   his country is going down the crapper faster than any other. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stevewinn said:

Trump pushing is way to the front, past Montenegro Prime Minister. Brilliant. Trump a Giant amongst pygmies.

:lol:

they are all trying to disrespect him - even the bloody pope had a cob on when they met -

http://www.firstpost.com/world/how-donald-trump-sparred-with-pope-on-christianity-and-still-came-out-with-evangelical-base-intact-3479983.html

Donald Trump and Pope Francis at The Vatican. AP

2 hours ago, stevewinn said:

What I noticed most about that was the eye contact he held with the NATO headquarters's leader, sort of seemed like there's more to it other than he's pushing his way to where a photo is to be taken.  Hey, someone has to push them in the right direction. I think that the whole NATO thing and Russia is so over rated these days and NATO needs to take a new approach to what is the real threat going on world wide with Islam radicals..

1 hour ago, bee said:

:lol:

they are all trying to disrespect him - even the bloody pope had a cob on when they met -

http://www.firstpost.com/world/how-donald-trump-sparred-with-pope-on-christianity-and-still-came-out-with-evangelical-base-intact-3479983.html

Donald Trump and Pope Francis at The Vatican. AP

I thought or from what I've been told, a Jesuit was not ever suppose to become a pontiff.

Pope Francis joined an international chorus urging Donald Trump to meet U.S. commitments on climate change in talks at the Vatican Wednesday.

Francis gave the U.S. president a copy of his 2015 encyclical calling for urgent, drastic cuts in fossil-fuel emissions after a half-hour meeting in his private study.

Francis’s choice of gift suggests he is adding his voice to those pressing Trump not to renege on the Paris accord, which is the cornerstone of global efforts to limit climate change. The Vatican said in a statement that the talks focused on international affairs and the promotion of peace, with particular emphasis on health care, education and immigration.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-05-24/pope-gives-trump-book-on-protecting-environment-at-vatican-talks

• Like 1

12 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Gee its way  Trump`s hand was grabbed  first :)

I wouldn't be surprised if some were actually wearing a  wire tap while there. The little smiley guy with the bright pink tie  had a group around him fixing his tie or something it looked a little suspicious, after that he was patting on something in place there ,that was awkward looking if anything.

Edited by Ellapennella