Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I have no idea what I saw

Pjves

OK so Im not sure this is a ghost or what it is but maybe someone can help me. So it all starts out as me and my friend went out on a walk. We live a rural area with farm fields all over. It was about 7 at night and getting dark and off in the distance my friend sees something wierd, And he points it out to me. For a split second I see something running extemelty fast across the fields. Now this is where it gets wierd. It looks like someone was riding a dirtbike with a huge tree attached to them in the air. But it could'nt be becuase it was going too fast. Over a 100 mph. It was fast and it was leaning forward like it was running and then it dissapered in the woods. It was so wierd and creeped him and I both out and we went home. We didn't think much of it afterward. Btw did I mention this thing was huge. Like an electrical transformer tall. So about 2 months later my sister had her friend over and we didnt tell them about this. They went on a walk and came back and said they saw the same exact thing! We never told them about it and they described it the same exact way. This creeped me out. Also it creeped me out becuase they described it the same way and literally everything about the day was the same. Same conditons, it was rainy and foggy out and about 7 oclock at night. But it was in a different spot they saw it. And it couldnt be an eye illusion becuase we both saw it at the same time. Its creepy. Let me know what you think.

I can't really picture what you describe .... any chance of drawing it for us? How far away from you was it? 'Over 100 mph'? Are you sure? 'We didn't think much of it afterwards' ..... this seems odd, didn't you want to find out if anyone else in the area had seen something similar or could give a rational explanation?

Oh, and welcome to UM, Pjves :)

• Like 1

Honestly, the first thing that came to mind for me was someone on a four wheeler with the goods from an outdoor marijuana harvest strapped on and hauling butt from one side of the field to the other. It's a bit early in the year for harvest season, though...

And here's the part where I admit that I'm rarely of any help, whatsoever. 

Edited by Not Your Huckleberry
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

I can't really picture what you describe .... any chance of drawing it for us? How far away from you was it? 'Over 100 mph'? Are you sure? 'We didn't think much of it afterwards' ..... this seems odd, didn't you want to find out if anyone else in the area had seen something similar or could give a rational explanation?

Oh, and welcome to UM, Pjves :)

Ok so I googled running tree because thats what it looked like most to me and thats the only way really to describe it and I found this picture. It looks relatively close to what we saw except the bottom of it was thicker so the trunk of the tree would be thicker and it was extremely taller. When my friend and I saw it, it was about half a mile away on the horizon of the field. The field is about 2 miles long of grass then it turns into woods and then a small mountain. When my sister and her friend saw it, it was no more than a two hundred feet away but it was in the  road. They were walking down the driveway of our house and saw it dash down the road until they couldn't see it anymore because we live in a wooded place and the road turns and stuff. I know that it had to be over a 100mph or close to it because like I mentioned earlier the field we saw it in is about 2 miles long then it runs into the woods and a mountain; and it went across it in less than 10 seconds no joke. It was fast and tall. Me and my friend didn't think much of it or question it afterwards much because of two things. One thing was that it was so fast we weren't 100 percent sure we saw it. The other thing being that when we got home and pointed it out to my parents (just graduated high school), they thought we were crazy and didn't take it seriously like we did and from their reaction we thought everyone would do the same so we shut up about it. Then my sister and her friend saw the same thing and then i got very curious as to what it can be, and started asking questions, and I started here. 

b5c4cd3b335ef5f4a2c844ec0f35eb36.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the extra information. I have absolutely no idea what it was you saw. I think it would be good if you could ask neighbours if they have ever seen anything weird in the area, you never know, there may be someone like yourself who saw something but didn't feel able to mention it to anyone at the time. You could make your questioning quite general to start off with and then feel your way into being more specific if that feels appropriate. Have you tried your local library? They may have information about local folk tales/ghost stories and may even be able to put you in touch with someone who keeps records of such sightings/information.

If whatever it was was paranormal in nature, then it may be something very specific to where you live.