Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Macron holds 'frank exchange' with Putin

Unusual Tournament

France's Macron holds 'frank exchange' with Putin

French President Emmanuel Macron says he held a "frank exchange" with Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in their first face-to-face talks.

The pair discussed "disagreements" in the meeting, held at the sumptuous Versailles palace near Paris.

But Mr Macron said he wanted to work with Russia over the conflict in Syria in the struggle against terrorism. 

Meanwhile, Mr Putin said he wanted to strengthen economic ties with France after the restrictions of recent years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40082346

• Like 1

Wow. That has a familiar ring, doesn't it?

• Like 3

Anyone saw the press conference ? Putin looked like i wanted to punch Macron in the face :lol:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

France's Macron holds 'frank exchange' with Putin

French President Emmanuel Macron says he held a "frank exchange" with Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin in their first face-to-face talks.

The pair discussed "disagreements" in the meeting, held at the sumptuous Versailles palace near Paris.

But Mr Macron said he wanted to work with Russia over the conflict in Syria in the struggle against terrorism. 

Meanwhile, Mr Putin said he wanted to strengthen economic ties with France after the restrictions of recent years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40082346

Are you denouncing Putin's relevance? Or that the president elect of the US shouldn't have any contact with Putin whatsoever? What about the runner-up or the Secretary of State? Could it be collusion by Macron and the Russians?

I'm not sure what you are getting at here...

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 3

I'm interested in the studly, overpowering, Macron grip of death  :w00t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Michelle said:

Are you denouncing Putin's relevance? Or that the president elect of the US shouldn't have any contact with Putin whatsoever? What about the runner-up or the Secretary of State? Could it be collusion by Macron and the Russians?

I'm not sure what you are getting at here...

Im not getting at anything. I just posted an interest article. Putin is now a power in Europe at the expense of America. Rejoice Michelle. 

19 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

Im not getting at anything. I just posted an interest article. Putin is now a power in Europe at the expense of America. Rejoice Michelle. 

Trump, and his following, if we are lucky, will pass into history and Europe and North America will resume their old position.  I don't understand Trump going out of his way to alienate the Europeans -- he guaranteed that no more money will go into NATO from these countries -- that is one thing.  (There is no rule about who contributes what -- it is far less burdensome for a rich nation to spend 2% than a poorer one).  He may intend to allow Putin to re-establish the Soviet Union, although under Russian Orthodox Church control -- Trump could not have done better at that than if he had tried.  

I'm not sure what was meant by the statement that the US is no longer a reliable ally and Europe must take its own course -- sounds ominous, and that Trump's behavior led to such thinking is reason enough to remove the idiot.

• Like 1

Any and all contacts between people with clearance and foreign states must be within the law and reported.  That is one of the problems with Trump's government -- the family are both doing business and advising the government.  The issues should be obvious to anyone with half a brain.

• Like 1

There was a time, not so long ago, when Europe didn't need a wet nurse. That time will come again. If Europe wants to unite and become a mega state like the US, Russia and China, the training wheels will have to come off, sooner than later. The hall will be rented and an orchestra engaged and they'll have learn how to dance. It makes no sense for the US to finance much of the defense of a rival state. Yes, we are allies, but when comes to defense, much of Europe has been more like dependents.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aardvark-DK said:

Anyone saw the press conference ? Putin looked like i wanted to punch Macron in the face :lol:

and he will, figuratively speaking.  does air France fly to Russia?  

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

French President Emmanuel Macron a little naive, talking tough on home turf. It will do Macron good to remember the Russian President is a seasoned professional. The French hold little sway over Russia.