Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghosthunting- listening to amplified silence

trevor borocz johnson

A while back while I was ghosthunting I noticed that I could hear my own thoughts in the white noise and had to hold them in I also noticed something talking back to me when I voluntarily did this.

I ve made an art out of controlling and creating voices heard in white noise. When I listen to amplified silence through headphones like ghost hunters do I can really easily manipulate sounds, esp. voices that appear on their own, and have been practicing singing songs into white noise using my ears and using voluntary control over the vestibular where I believe voices originate. If you try this you have to let any voices stopping you a fair chance to join in, they will. Crazy thing is they have no memory except what's in your memory, and if you blur your eyes to the next line in a song lyric they won't know what it is, and won't have any memory of a song on there own. They can improv but I can plainly distinguish the difference between there is a song in the white noise and when it's just a bunch of sounds.

Edited by trevorhbj
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, trevorhbj said:

A while back while I was ghosthunting I noticed that I could hear my own thoughts in the white noise and had to hold them in I also noticed something talking back to me when I voluntarily did this.

They can improv but I can plainly distinguish the difference between there is a song in the white noise and when it's just a bunch of sounds.

All about Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP)
https://www.thoughtco.com/all-about-electronic-voice-phenomena-evp-2594007

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

This isn't specifically EVP where you listen into the white noise of recordings, rather use the white noise to make voices and sing songs. The other voices that join in are a mystery but sometimes I will take off  my headphones and continue singing the song into the fan I have in my room, I'll here a voice say stop. The voices are very specific to when they think its appropriate to join in or not, and without them I can't do it myself.

• Like 1

I just made a successful EVP. I whispered a question because people are sleeping in the other room and it answered clearly. The voice in the EVP is exactly the same volume and type of voice that I can create voluntarily doing the bit in the OP. I can immitate the recording as its playing, however the recording comes through each time. I think it points to hearing with the vestibular rather then with cochlea, and singing songs through the white noise is a voluntary use. Could aliens have access to a transmitter of some sort that can record the undetectable activity of a person's vestibular? 

• Like 1

On Saturday, July 01, 2017 at 11:34 PM, trevorhbj said:

This isn't specifically EVP where you listen into the white noise of recordings, rather use the white noise to make voices and sing songs. The other voices that join in are a mystery but sometimes I will take off  my headphones and continue singing the song into the fan I have in my room, I'll here a voice say stop. The voices are very specific to when they think its appropriate to join in or not, and without them I can't do it myself.

You are listening to white noise which in theory is random but generation is pseudo random and any small environmental noise gets added to it and our brain tries to make sense of it  , this is not ghost phenomenon and just think for a minute why would ghosts or aliens would want to speak over such noise. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, kartikg said:

You are listening to white noise which in theory is random but generation is pseudo random and any small environmental noise gets added to it and our brain tries to make sense of it  , this is not ghost phenomenon and just think for a minute why would ghosts or aliens would want to speak over such noise. 

For me the white noise is a sort of color pallette with all the colors of sound to paint with. I can do an exceptional job at finding the right key and sound of a song, that the ghosts get jealous and won't play along. Like I said when they stop its really hard for some reason to do it yourself, perhaps because they follow the mood of my brain not there own.

• Like 1

I remember that you made a thread about this a while back.  As a scientist who has studied the auditory system for many years, I can definitively tell you that there is no innate sound from the vestibular system (otoacoustic emissions originate from a different area).  Please see your doctor and get a thorough exam.  Also, please let your doctor know about the things you are experiencing.

edit:  this is your thread from a year ago:

Edited by Purple Octopus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Purple Octopus said:

As a scientist who has studied the auditory system for many years, I can definitively tell you that there is no innate sound from the vestibular system (otoacoustic emissions originate from a different area).

Well, I'm not saying these things as definite for sure's, I can't be sure if any activity in the vestibular is involved at all. What I can say is my competing theory is based more on observation that the tinnitus can flare and make patterns after waking up in a groggy state. This would point to inner ear muscle movement activity as that's what causes tinnitus to act this way (example yawning). The muscles movements would be silent that's why I'm boasting the use of a gyroscope rather then microphone to record this inner ear activity.

Edited by trevorhbj

2 hours ago, trevorhbj said:

Well, I'm not saying these things as definite for sure's, I can't be sure if any activity in the vestibular is involved at all. What I can say is my competing theory is based more on observation that the tinnitus can flare and make patterns after waking up in a groggy state. This would point to inner ear muscle movement activity as that's what causes tinnitus to act this way (example yawning). The muscles movements would be silent that's why I'm boasting the use of a gyroscope rather then microphone to record this inner ear activity.

None of what you wrote makes sense or has any scientific validity.  Please consult with an otolaryngologist if you are suffering from tinnitus.  

• Like 2

On Friday, June 02, 2017 at 9:32 AM, trevorhbj said:

I ve made an art out of controlling and creating voices heard in white noise. When I listen to amplified silence through headphones like ghost hunters do I can really easily manipulate sounds, esp. voices that appear on their own, and have been practicing singing songs into white noise using my ears and using voluntary control over the vestibular where I believe voices originate. If you try this you have to let any voices stopping you a fair chance to join in, they will. Crazy thing is they have no memory except what's in your memory, and if you blur your eyes to the next line in a song lyric they won't know what it is, and won't have any memory of a song on there own. They can improv but I can plainly distinguish the difference between there is a song in the white noise and when it's just a bunch of sounds.

jumping into the woodpile here:

i turned on white-noise from sleep machine ap and sang...my song was too weak for abundance of passion.

i sang into fan, remembering elevators song by outkast that blesses like this thread.

then i gave ear-of-heart-and mind balancing with balance of white noise and i heard......somethings.

was that our own personal aligned balance-to-balance of white noise?

do we consume or form a bond with the ambiance?

at first i heard sprinklers watering ground by night, then an insect song as they watch over us, maybe katydid, then voices of a group far off coming to us as an army nearing, then like it was we who were nearing a ball stadium full of cheer.

it ended with machines coming closer, heavy and monstrous, shifting into washer machines.

can anyone interpret?

It could be a brief narration of a shared journey. choose your skin then wash it all from face to marrow.

and well life began with darkness first, then water who attracted trees? while insects and plants attracted land.

The analyses suggest that insects and plants shaped the earliest terrestrial ecosystems together, with insects developing wings to fly about 400 million years ago.

This was long before any other animal could do so and occurred almost as soon as land plants developed height.

http://theconversation.com/insects-are-the-great-survivors-in-evolution-new-study-33786

humans are both so attract land and sea. 

• Like 1

On Friday, June 02, 2017 at 9:32 AM, trevorhbj said:

this was a very interesting technique and artistry is visible.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing to say more then it still works two months later. sang songs today I am the walrus and songs from Pink Floyd wall. 

• 2 weeks later...

Practiced singing songs into the white noise for 11 hours in the past two days. Had many ghosts join or ad commentary to the music. One song was played totally on its own accord without me choosing it by a voice in the white noise. Pulled an all nighter doing this. when I took the headphones off could still hear voices in fan, started bugging me, went fully away after a little sleep the next night. bit of fun.

• Like 1

Anybody tried this yet and can report what you hear? This site works as well for white noise, you have to use headphones and turn it up all the way.

On 21/08/2017 at 4:13 AM, trevorhbj said:

Anybody tried this yet and can report what you hear? This site works as well for white noise, you have to use headphones and turn it up all the way.

Oh come on! That's just a video to help people relax or sleep. You wonder why no one takes you seriously.

Like everything else you've claimed, it doesn't exist, it's just white noise... You are hearing what you want to hear. It is simply auditory pareidolia. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_noise

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareidolia

Edit: And you shouldn't turn up the volume the whole way. Do you understand why? What the hell mate!!

Next you'll be deaf and posting threads about hearing voices while deaf.

Edited by Timonthy
Edit.
  • Like 2

Everyone might be interested in this:

There is an established phenomenon that occurs when noise is properly overlayed with a weak signal.

It's called "stochastic resonance", and is extremely good at amplifying weak signals, be it radio waves, sound waves, etc.

Just look-up stochastic resonance on the Web, and you might be surprised as to its utility.

This established phenom is likely the reason paranormal investigators utilize white noise.

• 1 month later...
On 8/22/2017 at 5:39 AM, pallidin said:

Everyone might be interested in this:

There is an established phenomenon that occurs when noise is properly overlayed with a weak signal.

It's called "stochastic resonance", and is extremely good at amplifying weak signals, be it radio waves, sound waves, etc.

Just look-up stochastic resonance on the Web, and you might be surprised as to its utility.

This established phenom is likely the reason paranormal investigators utilize white noise.

Stochastic resonance (SR) is a phenomenon where a signal that is normally too weak to be detected by a sensor, can be boosted by adding white noise to the signal, which contains a wide spectrum of frequencies.

Ok but what is the weak signal in this case? The sound of the voices in ghost hunting recordings is the same volume and type as the voices that can be heard again and again in the experiment I posted. I think you might actually be 'hearing' with your vestibular system. I really want to do tests with a gyroscope microphone and speaker to see if something can be amplified from the atmosphere that can be heard with the vestibular. 

• 1 month later...

The fact that the voice in a ghost hunting recording is the same volume and type as the ones voluntarily made in the OP is very curious. How the voice gets onto the recording in a ghost hunters recording almost seems like alien technology. Anyways a normal microphone can pick up the voice in ghost hunting recordings but not the voices I voluntarily make. Neither can I hear the ghost say what it says while I record it. There's definitely a connection between these two. I think you 'hear' and 'speak' with the balance system, and its only apparent with white noise to amplify it. I'm still not sure how to make recordings of what I create or how someone or something else does. Maybe its a characteristic of the dead, and spirits.